• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

Well Kojima said "race" will play a major role in the game.

Indeed, he did.
If it's true that Kaz calls the child soldiers that repeatedly then man, what a last Kojima MGS game this will be.

It's been a while since we've seen Kojima this happy.

Awesome you go Kojima! :D

FUCK KONAMI

2015-06-0416_32_56-hikblta.png

Sure has.

Edit: dat humangus tee

Solidino

from the last trailer we can see BB e Skull Face together, and then we see BB killing his comrades, one of them (or all of them perhaps) seems to be under a certain fom of mind control (like in the fight scene under the rain) Mantis?

See the last scene in the last trailer, the soldier is walking way dazed.

Solidino

are the unicorn and the whale all a BB dream? Or a Mantis illusion?

For me, Mantis helps BB to escape from hospital, summoning the 2 beasts and the fire.

Mexen

from the last trailer we can see BB e Skull Face together, and then we see BB killing his comrades, one of them (or all of them perhaps) seems to be under a certain fom of mind control (like in the fight scene under the rain) Mantis?

We hear an alarm so there's an infiltration. Either the soldiers are being mind-controlled as you alluded or maybe, just maybe, they are trying to prevent Big Boss from getting to something or someone (Kaz? Zero?) and the intruder is Big Boss himself.

Yeah it's probably Mantis - it's the most likely explanation anyway?

We hear an alarm so there's an infiltration. Either the soldiers are being mind-controlled as you alluded or maybe, just maybe, they are trying to prevent Big Boss from getting to something or someone (Kaz? Zero?) and the intruder is Big Boss himself.

That makes sense too but the last guy that just walks away nonchalantly is just strange :p

Mexen

Yeah it's probably Mantis - it's the most likely explanation anyway?

That makes sense too but the last guy that just walks away nonchalantly is just strange :p

My guess is that CQC was involved at first (you could say the "daze" is from the punches and stuff) but they persevered somewhat and 3 of them held him at which point Big Boss just decided to kill them.
Might as well shoot the last guy... Who probably thought he could notify others that lethal means were now a necessity. It's a stretch, I admit.

Hope you have a vertical monitor.
original.jpg

Nooooice! Cheers, Kinde!

Holy shit I just realized I'm a member now... all those shitposts finally paid off

on topic though...
kaz being a super racist wouldn't be surprising to me, i felt like the scene where kaz hits the kid with his crutch was purposefully put in by Kojima to hint at something like that

Mexen

Holy shit I just realized I'm a member now... all those shitposts finally paid off

on topic though...
kaz being a super racist wouldn't be surprising to me, i felt like the scene where kaz hits the kid with his crutch was purposefully put in by Kojima to hint at something like that

Kaz has reason to be bitter.

Congrats. No shit threads. And also this.

Good jerb.

Try not to be like Dawg and get banned. or be cool and request a ban. Thats even worse.

Oh no doubt. I'd be bitter too - I don't think anyone wouldn't be :)

On a side note, what's Konami's presence going to be like this E3? As in, will there be a Konami conference where TPP will be shown or is it going to be tacked onto Sony's presentation?

Good jerb.

Try not to be like Dawg and get banned. or be cool and request a ban. Thats even worse.

Thanks guys. I guess the standards of posts have to go way up on you're off probation. And I'm about to go to uni, so I doubt I'll get to CC-level where I ask to get myself banned.

are you referring to his lost limbs? or possibly the scene where the kids and the lady have the diamonds?

Embearded

God damn it, we still have some days until the previews and the thread is getting full of spoiler tags which i don't know if i want to read or not!

They better not say something critical about the story in those previews, cause i know i won't be holding back for long....

I agree, but
not reason to suddenly become a huge racist.

If that is true then that is pretty disappointing and I feel terribly contrived character development. Worse than Liquid living in someone's arm.

MSF was founded with no bearing on race, ideology, country, etc etc.
For that much of a dramatic shift, I feel it would have to be something more than "a very specific group destroyed my business so now I hate an entire race of people that had nothing to do with it"

In any case, it came from 4Chan. The fact that anyone would take anything out of that post seriously is baffling, considering the rest of the craziness that was written there. I also feel that if it were true, at least someone on twitter would have alluded to it in some way.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Having a really hard time believing some of it.
Kaz using the n-word seems a stretch even for Kojima but who knows and that song in the back to back shootout with Ocelot... Idk.

I mean ffs people, what even is this shit?

Yup, gotta remove Kaz in the final.

Yeah this all sounds like what a 4chaner would make up to to sound "funny".
Kaz being racist goes against his whole character of building an army without borders, accepting any soldiers from all parts of the world. Plus, his upbringing was him being a constant victim of racist, so there's that.

Venom Fox

Banned
I don't beleive any of that 4Chan shite, Kaz racist? What?

The only remotely believable bit was the hospital scene and Ishmael being Ocelot, but then if Ishmael was Ocelot, why would they show Ocelot and BB escaping on a horse after the car crash?

What about you guys, for those that read it, would you say it's believable?

Edit: Glad to be back home brothers, spent too much time in that Witcher 3 thread and not enough time with my brothers.

Mexen

Thanks guys. I guess the standards of posts have to go way up on you're off probation. And I'm about to go to uni, so I doubt I'll get to CC-level where I ask to get myself banned.

are you referring to his lost limbs? or possibly the scene where the kids and the lady have the diamonds?

Oh nice! What are you gonna study/are you studying?

Lost limbs in this case. I'm sure his reasons pile up, falling out with Big Boss etc
Wait why are we spoiler tagging this. It is known. Lol.

I don't beleive any of that 4Chan shite, Kaz racist? What?

The only remotely believable bit was the hospital scene and Ishmael being Ocelot, but then if Ishmael was Ocelot, why would they show Ocelot and BB escaping on a horse after the car crash?

What about you guys, for those that read it, would you say it's believable?

Edit: Glad to be back home brothers, spent too much time in that Witcher 3 thread and not enough time with my brothers.

Only thing I bought was why Big Boss is called Venom. I was actually in slight awe of that revelation. I mean it's right there.

I agree, but
not reason to suddenly become a huge racist.

If that is true then that is pretty disappointing and I feel terribly contrived character development. Worse than Liquid living in someone's arm.

MSF was founded with no bearing on race, ideology, country, etc etc.
For that much of a dramatic shift, I feel it would have to be something more than "a very specific group destroyed my business so now I hate an entire race of people that had nothing to do with it"

In any case, it came from 4Chan. The fact that anyone would take anything out of that post seriously is baffling, considering the rest of the craziness that was written there. I also feel that if it were true, at least someone on twitter would have alluded to it in some way.

I'm with you. I know TPP is supposed to be dark but remember that these days 4th wall breaking is easily misconstrued. Just recently FemFreq called out Witcher 3 for bandits... Hey bandits! Calling Ciri a whore. No doubt someone would have called out the team on the use of the n word in its ripe full form but then again it's fiction. Still, really low of Kaz if true.

Okay I've been sent a message on Reddit from a user who claims to have the magazine - he's sent me a PM with information. Do we want me to share it here?

brau

I want to be involved. So PM me as well. I have no interest in the magazine. But i still want to be part of the convo. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay I've been sent a message on Reddit from a user who claims to have the magazine - he's sent me a PM with information. Do we want me to share it here?

"Kojima's direction and unflinching commitment to challenging expectations and conventions make it the most tense experience ever hosted on Playstation."

Holy shit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No need for PM, because those are not scans. It's just a summary.

Looks like someone got the magazine.

Be careful with spoilers, i don't know how spoiler-ish that is.

http://imgur.com/a/HRu6X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom