• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Hystzen

So what are your impression, those of you who have been actually able to join a match, so far? Is it pretty much like MGO 2?

God no it all fun of MGO2 fun stripped away. Most matches just people shooting when Bounty mode makes it clear to Fulton people. Lag up wazoo and just clunky gameplay.

RK9039

ntB2KhM.gif
Revisionism is nice.

There is no revisionism. As soon as I got MGS4 on day one in 2008 I played MGO2 in order to see if my Konami account worked or not. It logged me in and I had a few matches.

Sorry for logging in and not having any issues. Too bad the same can't be said for this one.

Zareka

Whelp I've been searching for a match for about half an hour straight now with no luck. I'll try later, I have other games I need to play.

This shit is busted. Water particles and explosion particles look like big black squares, it takes forever to join a game, and it's unbalanced to all hell.

I'll wait a few months before I jump in, with Konami's work ethic, it could take that long.

Thing is completely broken.
search function garbage.
i once got into one and then disconnected
now
its always
" match cant be found/match is full" regardless of what the number says.

how do i quit?

Hjod

Banned
The only match I've had was against a Gaffer, 1vs1. I hosted a game. I think that is the best way to play it, join the community and we'll play together in a party. Should be alot of fun :).

How do I join the community? psn is blaackstarr7.

Search my PSNid it's Hjod and look for the MGO GAF under my communities.

The only match I've had was against a Gaffer, 1vs1. I hosted a game. I think that is the best way to play it, join the community and we'll play together in a party. Should be alot of fun :).

Search my PSNid it's Hjod and look at for the MGO GAF under my communities.

Alright thanks. Im in NA so by the time the store updates the servers will probably be getting hammered.

GodofWine

Honestly on Xbox One I been having a great experience

That's good to know, I'm going to assume the server load is lighter on XBO, so hopefully once things smooth out on PS4 is runs just as well.

I'm kinda glad to be sitting at the office today, I can watch all the typical day one comments and then by time my kids go to sleep tonight, things run smooth.

Day one gonna day one.

Hystzen

Bounty mode

The logic plan they came up with in development:

Players eliminate players when tickets get low they use Fulton to top up so team stays in game. This means players have keep eye out and each lethal kill give you a mark above head that every player can see meaning no stealth so player is encouraged be non lethal.

In reality:

Everone runs around shooting everybody they also shoot people you have in choke hold. Your team is about to lose but you about Fulton a enemy to keep team in the game but all your teammates run up and shoot him in the head then complain after they lost round. Everybody has a kill bounty of +7 because fuck non lethal we got guns. Also non lethal load outs are fucked due to long range killing by rifles and shotguns.

The worst fact is the scoring system or XP system does not punish players for not actually playing the game. This means players are not encouraged to even play the game as a MGS game instead just as a third person shooter.

Mista

Banned
This is ridiculous. Why is the game host based?!
I disconnected every game while having a high score + winning a round. This fuckery is so frustrating!!

MMaRsu

Bounty mode

The logic plan they came up with in development:

Players eliminate players when tickets get low they use Fulton to top up so team stays in game. This means players have keep eye out and each lethal kill give you a mark above head that every player can see meaning no stealth so player is encouraged be non lethal.

In reality:

Everone runs around shooting everybody they also shoot people you have in choke hold. Your team is about to lose but you about Fulton a enemy to keep team in the game but all your teammates run up and shoot him in the head then complain after they lost round. Everybody has a kill bounty of +7 because fuck non lethal we got guns. Also non lethal load outs are fucked due to long range killing by rifles and shotguns.

The worst fact is the scoring system or XP system does not punish players for not actually playing the game. This means players are not encouraged to even play the game as a MGS game instead just as a third person shooter.

Konamis fault for not explaining a damn thing

TS-08

Same here. When I was playing earlier I got into 4 auto matches all in less than ten seconds. No significant lag or anything hindering the games either. I'll knock on some wood to make sure that continues.

There is no revisionism. As soon as I got MGS4 on day one in 2008 I played MGO2 in order to see if my Konami account worked or not. It logged me in and I had a few matches.

Sorry for logging in and not having any issues. Too bad the same can't be said for this one.

Must have not been day one then. MGO 2 wasn't even ready day one. If memory serves me correctly, it was 2-3 months til MGO 2 finally rolled out with minimal issues.

Kalor

I've had more luck getting into games when I selected comm control. The match I played was really fun but then I don't have the reference point of the past two MGOs.

RK9039

Must have not been day one then. MGO 2 wasn't even ready day one. If memory serves me correctly, it was 2-3 months til MGO 2 finally rolled out with minimal issues.

It was, I even specifically said I tried before playing the singleplayer.

Anyway, this game is way easier than MGO2 and the lack of many modes will probably make this get old really fast.

Same here, been getting games constantly. So far the only thing OP is D-Walker, that shit is unstoppable if you don't have a good team. Aside from that, I'm having tons of fun and Bounty Hunter is not about Fultoning dudes, you have to kill to get bounty points first of all and only then you could use fultoning as a tactic to turn the tides.

Man, sneaking while listening to a piece of MGS1 music is something. There are tons of awesome BMGs to choose from as well.

Hystzen

Also might sound negative but that is because you can see potential when playing it. You get odd round where people try to pure MGS route hiding and it fun. When it smoothed out lag issues and bugs it going be fun. It's lack of balance or effort with unlocks is horrid with fuck all GP gain meaning you stuck with same outfit for ages and same weapons.

Diablos54

Finally managed to get into a game with some fellow GAF'ers, it was great fun. I can only see it getting better the more people get used to it and you unlock more load outs!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
For those wondering, some technical limitations:

- It is all peer to peer. If the host – you don’t know who that is – goes offline, the game boots you out.
- You lose all XP gains in this process.
- The host can boot any player at any time.
😰
Maybe it's MGS being meta. How? I don't know. Either way, people will settle into stealth in a bit for a while. That's when you want to play.

I will eat my and everybody elses hats if Konami ever manages to cobble together an online system that doesn't work or feel like it's from the 90s

For those wondering, some technical limitations:

- It is all peer to peer. If the host – you don’t know who that is – goes offline, the game boots you out.
- You loose all XP gains in this process.
- The host can boot any player at any time.

MGO2 was the same.

Xeilyn

Well after playing some games with other gafers i'd say its pretty fun, im not a huge fan of TPS multiplayer but there are some unique things here that makes it interesting

Top Bottom