• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

I just want a lobby with fellow European people please. Every lobby now is filled with Japanese and us people who can cqc you from 20meters and are invincible. Unplayable.

konjak

Though a lot of players won't be able to 1-hit CQC knockout anymore, surely there will be an animation of recovery? I guess it makes for less points, but throwing someone then shooting them is still pretty powerful. Not saying they should prevent that, since fultoning is the game-changer in Bounty Hunter.

Did the patch mention removing gear walkers which have absolutely no place whatsoever in the game?

Did it also explain why you get 2 mins on the team screen and about 2 seconds on the load out select screen?

Revven

OK the patch notes are addressing nearly everything I had an issue with the game that was preventing me from going back to playing it. Now I feel I'll be able to go back to this game after the patch drops and actually have fun again -- they're doing all the right changes (especially to Infiltrators' stealth camo).

Hopefully they get rid of the Defenders' stealth camo in Cloak and Dagger as well.

J Range

I like the patch changes! I might switch back to enforcer now.

Does anybody wish we had a knife item? Why can the enemy wake up so fast, and be woken instantly, but the attacker who actually got the stun has to execute a really long animation. Convuluted. Let us stab them wothout picking them up.

So is this game addictive or a mainstay for a lot of you?

Reading these changes makes me very happy to see the devs supporting the game. Cant wait to read GAF feedback for it

So is this game addictive or a mainstay for a lot of you?

Reading these changes makes me very happy to see the devs supporting the game. Cant wait to read GAF feedback for it

I don't think so. I really wanted a slow tactical game but what we ended up with was third person call of duty. Located beacons. Overpowered cloaks. Super fast sprinting. Driveable tanks which have machine guns. Hell it even has martyrdom , the call of duty perk where you drop a grenade when you die XD

Trickshot

OK the patch notes are addressing nearly everything I had an issue with the game that was preventing me from going back to playing it. Now I feel I'll be able to go back to this game after the patch drops and actually have fun again -- they're doing all the right changes (especially to Infiltrators' stealth camo).

Hopefully they get rid of the Defenders' stealth camo in Cloak and Dagger as well.
Yep, we need to lose that stealth camo. A premade loadout feels better.

I don't think so. I really wanted a slow tactical game but what we ended up with was third person call of duty. Located beacons. Overpowered cloaks. Super fast sprinting. Driveable tanks which have machine guns. Hell it even has martyrdom , the call of duty perk where you drop a grenade when you die XD

I don't really agree with this. Game is far more tactical than COD and a good team using teamwork will outplay a non coordinated team. Cloaks and CQC are both getting nerfed so that should get rid of some of the cheapness. I don't really find the walkers that powerful, actually pretty easy to take out. The grenade drop is pretty lame though and I do wish the game was slower.....shame they are making it faster...smh

I don't really agree with this. Game is far more tactical than COD and a good team using teamwork will outplay a non coordinated team. Cloaks and CQC are both getting nerfed so that should get rid of some of the cheapness. I don't really find the walkers that powerful, actually pretty easy to take out. The grenade drop is pretty lame though and I do wish the game was slower.....shame they are making it faster...smh

A good team in cod using teamwork would also destroy a non coordinated team. That's just a standard thing in online gaming.

The reality is this isn't really metal gear but online which it should be considering it's called Metal Gear Online.

It's a completely different type of game from metal gear .... A third person faced paced action shooter with armoured vehicles zero recoil like Modern Warfare 2's third person mode only thankfully it doesn't have any kill streak rewards!

arimanius

After playing more today I think enforcers are going to be OP after the patch. They are already a beast right now at higher levels.

Thing about enforcers is their buffs will not cost them anything.

If infiltrator wants to 1 hit cqc it costs 2 perks in an otherwise useless skill, that is a huge cost. Stealth camo getting nerfed several ways despite the perk cost and weight penalty. Fulton+ getting nerfed despite costing a perk too.

Definitely went too far on the infiltrator nerfing. And people just gonna cry about Infiltrators running up and shotgunning them, because that is what gonna happen, not many gonna give up two perk slots for a 50/50 gamble on who gets the cqc slam first in the lag.

konjak

After playing more today, really worrying how Enforcers will turn out when I can almost empty a SMG clip into them before they die already (unless I hit the head I guess).

TheBoss1

If infiltrator wants to 1 hit cqc it costs 2 perks in an otherwise useless skill, that is a huge cost. Stealth camo getting nerfed several ways despite the perk cost and weight penalty. Fulton+ getting nerfed despite costing a perk too.

Definitely went too far on the infiltrator nerfing. And people just gonna cry about Infiltrators running up and shotgunning them, because that is what gonna happen, not many gonna give up two perk slots for a 50/50 gamble on who gets the cqc slam first in the lag.

The game is APPALLING today.

Nothing but sprinting invisible people and if it's not sprinting invisible people it's CONSTANT gear walker abuse throughout every second of every game.

What did we expect with a powerful drivable robot.

Costing a perk doesn't really mean anything. This isn't like MGO2 where taking stuff like scan would cost you AR+ or RUN+, specially when rank 2 perks are so hit or miss.

Gorillaz

Nothing but sprinting invisible people and if it's not sprinting invisible people it's CONSTANT gear walker abuse throughout every second of every game.

Im wondering if they don't know or care in terms of slowing down the walker gear lol.

Enforcers are definitely going to be the big guys next tho

GodofWine

Well, this pretty much is everything they are patching, so hang in there.

This sums up my current MGO experience. . .the only thing about this clip that isn't normal is that the person isn't invisible. Aside from that - it's bang on accurate. There are NO tactics about this game. NO slow play. NO espionage. It's sprinting, shooting, respawning. Call Of Duty: Solid Snake Edition.

To round it all off I'm shocked there isn't a gear walker sprinting around in the background destroying everyone.

'Let me ignore the many bullets you put into me and just melee you from about 4 meters. How can someone melee someone when they're being shot at. I mean it makes ZERO sense. The game actively encourages sprinting towards people while you're under fire. It's a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po-MbBa6im0

Alienous

not a big fan of the "fuck infiltrators, FREE CANDY FOR MY ENFORCER BROS" approach to balancing.

As an Enforcer I liked the way the balance seems to be going. I hope the changes to health aren't too drastic, but I think it's for the best.

The changes the Infiltrator are getting are how they should have been from the start. If you want to use Stealth Camo, use it smart. If you get seen and shot, you ought to be visible, because you sure as hell weren't being stealthy. If you have a Shotgun, now exclusive to that class, you will be unchallenged in close-range combat. If you have the patience not to engage in direct combat you'll be able to sneak around and kill enemies as the fastest class.

Enforcer's get more health to compensate for the fact that they don't really have any other ability. They should have the mid-range combat advantage with their arsenal, just like Infiltrators have the in close-range combat advantage and Scouts the same with long-range combat.

Ashura_MX

Played yesterday, full of JP names, less infiltrators per game. All in all same deal as before just dont have to pay as much attention to predator effects now.

Alienous

Not necessarily.

They are increasing the default 'jog' speed (though they are also increasing sprint duration). By increasing the default jog speed they are making the jog/run more useful, whilst making sprinting less useful as a consequence (not getting as much of a speed boost, whilst also appearing on the map).

Hopefully the result will be less sprinting in general; "I can get there quickly enough with my jog/run". That would slow the pace of the game, rather than speed it up. If the map is more easily traversable without sprinting, then sprinting makes less sense, so the overall speed of the game would reduce to the average movement speed of the jog/run. In theory.

Drencrom

I feel like a lot of you are downplaying the fact that infiltrators are literally now the only class with OHKO CQC.

*After allocating two slots on that skill

The camo nerf is understandable, but even less health seems excessive on top of that, hopefully it's better than it sounds tho.

Mature

*After allocating two slots on that skill
Which, again, is small amends paid when you're the only class that can instant stun slam people in the game. As the game stands right now, there's a lot of CQC that goes on across the board, and now only people with that skill will be able to use it easily and effectively. Let's not have a pity party for the class that got nerfed when they were also handed a huge trump card.

Though all this being said, the determining factor for whether or not this patch does well to balance will be to what degree the health/stamina changes come into play.

arimanius

As an Enforcer I liked the way the balance seems to be going. I hope the changes to health aren't too drastic, but I think it's for the best.

The changes the Infiltrator are getting are how they should have been from the start. If you want to use Stealth Camo, use it smart. If you get seen and shot, you ought to be visible, because you sure as hell weren't being stealthy. If you have a Shotgun, now exclusive to that class, you will be unchallenged in close-range combat. If you have the patience not to engage in direct combat you'll be able to sneak around and kill enemies as the fastest class.

Enforcer's get more health to compensate for the fact that they don't really have any other ability. They should have the mid-range combat advantage with their arsenal, just like Infiltrators have the in close-range combat advantage and Scouts the same with long-range combat.

I agree that this is how it should be but until they nerf assault rifle range, accuracy, distance damage, or all three scouts won't have long-range advantage. Plus kill cam needs to go for sniper kills.

On the flip side I just started my baby enforcer. Only 6 but enjoying the shield a lot right now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What do most people use with the shield? I can't tell if the Macht 37 is a better choice than the Wu S333.

The Macht is more accurate but so weak. Even if I see someone stunned and want to kill them on the ground, it's like half a magazine and draws a lot of attention.

arimanius

What do most people use with the shield? I can't tell if the Macht 37 is a better choice than the Wu S333.

The Macht is more accurate but so weak. Even if I see someone stunned and want to kill them on the ground, it's like half a magazine and draws a lot of attention.

I've tried both tonight and I like Wu S333 better right now.

Going from scout to enforcer shows me how much I rely on the NVG. Wow do I miss optics+3.

NeoGiff

The WU. It's the turtle's dream on Comm Control. When GAFfers see Spiffy bearing down on them, shield in one hand and revolver in the other, they know the game is already over.

You can headshot with the revolver.

In Bounty you can go with a tranquilizer which can be fun since it's also a one hit KO if you can get a headshot with it, and the shield affords you chances to land them.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I've tried both tonight and I like Wu S333 better right now.

Going from scout to enforcer shows me how much I rely on the NVG. Wow do I miss optics+3.

Yeah I feel naked without Optics 3, but I also really love Field Report 2. 3 is whatever but I love 2.

The WU. It's the turtle's dream on Comm Control. When GAFfers see Spiffy bearing down on them, shield in one hand and revolver in the other, they know the game is already over.

You can headshot with the revolver.

In Bounty you can go with a tranquilizer which can be fun since it's also a one hit KO if you can get a headshot with it, and the shield affords you chances to land them.

Alright will try the WU for a bit. Shield is so fun either way. The sleep launcher is getting nerfed so RIP and the UN-AAM is alright but I still find I lose a lot if it's vs. the assault rifle. Shield is just entertaining.

I feel like a lot of you are downplaying the fact that infiltrators are literally now the only class with OHKO CQC.

It will cost 2 perks, and CQC is still a 50/50 gamble on who the game decides threw first, sometimes it decides both people got slammed if one is laggy.

Not worth the investment in any game mode.

Interrogation 3 is much better and more useful in C+D.
Stealth camo+ fulton 2 (especially with the fulton 1 nerf) more useful in BH, and since stealth camo getting battery nerf, likely need stealth camo 2 now.
CQC stunning people has little use in Comm Control, you just kill people or use a stun nade if they on a point.

GHound

The problem with nerfing camo is that people are entirely too visible as it currently stands. The stealth approach is garbage at best when you can be creeping on the ground and someone sees you from a mile away because "lol predator lol i see you lololol thought you could actually be stealthy lololololololol get rekt lolololollolololololololol1111"

Think the only times other infiltrators trying to be sneaky have actually gotten the jump on me have been when my attention was pulled away from the game entirely.

Hystzen

This game is flips my mood so much.

One minute our GAF team is all stood around and beating up one dude so we win on points in Cloak and Dagger

Then have deal with LAG CQC

Then we all laughing as Harlan is last man on cloak team sitting down while idiots walk past and stare at him but can't seem find him.

Then back to lag

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Been out of the loop because Bloodborne.

Patch notes seem interesting. Not sure about reducing the Infiltrator's stamina was a good idea but everything else seems pretty good. When abouts are they dropping this?

The problem with nerfing camo is that people are entirely too visible as it currently stands. The stealth approach is garbage at best when you can be creeping on the ground and someone sees you from a mile away because "lol predator lol i see you lololol thought you could actually be stealthy lololololololol get rekt lolololollolololololololol1111"

Think the only times other infiltrators trying to be sneaky have actually gotten the jump on me have been when my attention was pulled away from the game entirely.

TBH, the biggest reason it needed to be changed is because fighting barely visible opponents just isnt fun

Linconan

I first loved Cloaks n Dagger mode the best fun, and still do..
But to be honest i'm finding the Multiplayer extremely average, i guess i was expecting more from this.

Is the lobby system a bug or incomplete?
Seems like a wasted opportunity :(

Least you can create private matches and muck around with ya mates,lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlaSzOcOaI

Top Bottom