• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

dezzy8

Those infiltrator nerfs hurt my heart. I love that they are taking out the cqc icon though. And LMGs should've been anti-walker weapons from the start. They should take those walkers out anyway.

I'm bitter about the icon removal because I caught so many cloaked people who I'd have never even noticed otherwise!

Or just decoy cardboard boxes. Every time I see one on a map, I know it's an enemy because those are the only boxes that appear on a map!
Huh? not at all, you're going to get caught out by that sooner or later.

GreenScar

Infiltrators are definitely getting hit hard. I don't understand how you decrease the health of a class that gets killed in two shots to begin with, but whatever.

Scouts should definitely be the only ones using e-locs.
Sniper sway being reduced because of an "overall" sway reduction worries me. It actually seems to help the other classes who can spray bullets from across the map instead of a slow sniper rifle.

I knew it was coming, but my biggest beef is that your teammates can't kill someone you're fultoning. I know people cried about it and I've definitely raged in-game about it myself, but the truth is, if you're team is too stupid to work together, then you don't deserve to win anyway.

CBTech

I like pretty much everything in this update. I like that certain weapons can only be used by specific classes. Helps differentiate the classes more. I don't think they needed to lower Infiltrator health though. They die fast enough as is. Now that slams don't instant stun, choking people out might actually become worth doing, though most likely people will just knife them instead.

arimanius

Love the changes. Now just give me the option to change my character appearance and a 3rd custom character slot.

Can't wait for the patch to drop to see how the game changes. I want it for this weekend lol

edit* oh they still need to increase the damage for sniper rifles and lower the accuracy and long range damage for the assault rifles.

I knew it was coming, but my biggest beef is that your teammates can't kill someone you're fultoning. I know people cried about it and I've definitely raged in-game about it myself, but the truth is, if you're team is too stupid to work together, then you don't deserve to win anyway.
If you're winning despite your team not working together then it's the enemy team that doesn't deserve to win.

Also just because you're not working together doesn't mean you should get to actively work against each other, otherwise might as well add friendly fire and other things.

Edzi

Reading through all the upcoming changes makes me think I might give the game another try after the patch. The Infiltrator nerfs make me really happy, though it seems like a massive oversight to not take away camo from the defending team in Cloak and Dagger.

Basketball

Love the changes. Now just give me the option to change my character appearance and a 3rd custom character slot.

Can't wait for the patch to drop to see how the game changes. I want it for this weekend lol

edit* oh they still need to increase the damage for sniper rifles and lower the accuracy and long range damage for the assault rifles.
Yes yes !!!!

Reading through all the upcoming changes makes me think I might give the game another try after the patch. Though it seems like a massive oversight to not take away camo from the defending team in Cloak and Dagger.
It's not an oversight, it's a design choice to make sure Infiltrators aren't obliterated.

They should probably be used as area denial weapons. Chuck them at a location you don't want enemies to go to, rather than one they can easily leave.

But they didn't leave the place, i had them marked and they stayed despite having flung 5 sleep grenades up there. I think i'll just ditch them and equip the fulton cannon instead.

Trickshot

Why? The box metagame is there, just different. I've used a C.Box with success.

Now that you can leave a box behind, unlike MGO's before, you can never be sure if its a distraction or not.
I'm aware of that. It was one of the first things i figured out with the box. But why not just add on to it? Why not have both?

It was fun running from some guy, rounding the corner and hiding in a box among 4 other boxes.

NOW you can pop out like a jack in the box and shoot them, OR slide out of the box and escape.

It's just more fun.

They need to add more C. Box in the stage. Maybe the ability to get into other C. Boxes sitting around the map. I'd hide in it like a champ. Also need more garbage bins and portables. Make it feel more like MGS if the classes are being restricted and balanced.

Alienous

Nope.

You're putting words into my mouth.

I said they're easy to combat. So, I don't think they needed a nerf.

They didn't need a nerf. They didn't need a buff. So you thought they should have been left as is, the least appealing class in your opinion?

Words in your mouth time again, maybe you don't care about the balance?

I'm aware of that. It was one of the first things i figured out with the box. But why not just add on to it? Why not have both?

It was fun running from some guy, rounding the corner and hiding in a box among 4 other boxes.

NOW you can pop out like a jack in the box and shoot them, OR slide out of the box and escape.

It's just more fun.

I think MGO3 does boxes well. I don't think that second paragraph ever happened in MGO2 - boxes were few and far between. You can make that happen in MGO3 with team coordination, though.

I also like the map not being cluttered for the sake of one gameplay mechanic. The box in MGO3 works if used smartly.

Changes sound good. Now they need to:

- Add greater recoil and bullet-spread to Assault Rifles and SMGs when in full-auto firing. They should not be laser-accurate, no matter what skills you have equipped.
- Remove Walkers from Rush maps.
- Only 2 walkers on full maps, not 4 ffs.
- Limited ammo for Mortars, AAs, and Turrets.
- Allow search parameters when automatching. I never want to play Rush maps, don't make me.
- Up earned GP to 200/100 for win/loss and unify across all modes. I shouldn't earn 5x the amount of GP for literally running in circles for 5min in automatch, than I do when playing a hard-fought searchmatch of whatever.
- The total amount of points the team earns at the end of the match should be the amount of XP that each player on the team earns. This means that even players that don't killkillkillkill all the time can level at a decent rate by playing supportive roles.

Icefire1424

I like this. The updates further specialize roles, while mitigating the advantages inherent to Infiltrators. Hard counters to certain classes are more apparent, and teamwork is more essential. Infiltrators will no longer be unbalanced when compared to the others, and really cannot function completely on their own - at least not as well. Just as it should be.

AKyemeni

Words in your mouth time again, maybe you don't care about the balance?
Ah, but I do.

Nerfs almost always do more bad than good when compared to buffs. I'd rather have Konami play around with the scouts and enforcers (buffs) then outright nerf the crap out of infiltrator. Now, they did both.

Besides, Infiltrator numbers were dying in my experience and I was even getting matches where there were no infiltrators.

But whatevs.

Will wait till patch is out before making more impressions on the changes.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Hope the update helps with some of the concerns gaf players were having. We might make some adjustments to these before launch, but we'll have the full specific details around launch of the patch.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Here are some additional posts we made last night you might have missed:

Hello everyone, thank you for your continued support of Metal Gear Online We have information to share with you now re: some player concerns

Many players have voiced their frustration when disconnecting from a match before it starts or during progress.

While this issue is sometimes common for online titles, we have made some adjustments and will continue to look for ways to reduce the frequency of a player disconnect.

Players have noted that network lag from player to player can result in different actions part being delayed on screen including CQC grabs occurring from long distances

We are considering some specific adjustments to CQC to counter this concern It is likely however that some visual mismatch will still occur from time to time and we will continue to look into ways to improve for this

We have seen some players run into an issue where when logging in, their character level will be reset to a lower level or even 0

Often this issue can be resolved by restarting the game. However we are looking into the cause and will update players when we know more

Another issue regarding players who received an exaggerated amount of XP after a match has been addressed, however those who have already fallen victim to this are invited to contact @Konami customer service, where we will address each issue case by case

Players who party together, to play on the same team, have voiced concern that its very difficult to ensure this happens for every match

Some adjustments are being considered to this system, including ensuring that players who join a party are properly introduced to the created match without error

We are continuing to look into ways to adjust for the needs of players and ensure players are partied up together as intended

Players sometimes find themselves joining a host with a poor network connection
Some adjustments are being considered to the hosting system, and we are continuing to look into ways to reduce the likelihood of this issue

Alienous

Hope the update helps with some of the concerns gaf players were having. We might make some adjustments to these before launch, but we'll have the full specific details around launch of the patch.

It's all sounding good. Thanks for listening, and I think we're all looking forward to the patch.

An old post of mine. Please pass this along to the MGO team regarding C&D balancing:

Regarding C&D in particular:

- Defenders under no circumstances should have access to stealth camo. It's literally the only advantage that attackers have, and the whole point of the mode.

- Rush maps should never be part of the automatch rotation for C&D. This is supposed to be a methodical mode, not a fucking mad dash.

- Bring back the ability for attackers to hold up the defenders. Why was this removed in the first place?

- Stuns and sleeps should last 5 times longer in C&D than it does in other mode. And waking up your teammate should take as many kicks as the stars on their head. There's literally no point in stunning anyone from a distance if they'll wake up and pump your ass full of lead by the time you reach them.

Literally all the points I made were already in place in MGO2 since the day TSNE was introduced, and I can't see a single good reason for any of the above. Just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding what TSNE was about in the first place.

I can live with the defenders having stealth now because of the nerfs, but you really should consider the rest.

Didnt read the whole thing yet but HAHA wow you guys pretty much just shitted on infiltrators rush mode performance by lowering their health and raising the other classes.

Changes look awesome. I play all three classes depending on my mood and the match. I am not sure the Infiltrators need a health nerf with all the other changes but I can`t wait to try it out. I am glad it`s being supported. Thanks for listening.

You're doing a great work, Team MGO! It's great to see the changes you're introducing, I'm sure we'll enjoy more this game,

My only suggestion, and something I'd like to have, is more music options in the game, specially in regards to the MGS3, 4 and PW music, it would be cool to have an optional "caution + alert status" set to use instead of only the silence + alert. Caution music from MGS3 is so cool that it would improve every C&D match even more.

Regarding the infiltrator changes, I think I'll definitively have to try the other classes after the patch to stop dying a lot more lol It'll be harder, but it was supposed to be for "expert" players I believe.

An old post of mine. Please pass this along to the MGO team regarding C&D balancing:

I can live with the defenders having stealth now because of the nerfs, but you really should consider the rest.
Yeah THIS. Please consider adding these changes.
No stealth for defenders is a MUST.
Other than that the patch is looking great. Kind of salty about Stun grenade count being lowered tho heh

Also, while this isn't game balance, I hope we can get some better character customization. Specifically more hairstyles and facial hairstyles. 3 is not enough. There need to be some longer styles for male characters. And more MGS character hair and clothes too. Like Snake's mullet, Kaz's hair and jacket (in general I think we should have more regular clothes instead of fatigues and stuff), Raiden's, Ocelot, etc. I just wanna play as a Kaz lookalike really. I just his hair and jacket. KojiLA PLZZZZZ

Top Bottom