• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Mature

Hope the update helps with some of the concerns gaf players were having. We might make some adjustments to these before launch, but we'll have the full specific details around launch of the patch.
Looks very substantial if nothing else. Glad we're seeing changes at all to be honest.

Are you guys allowed to talk about how long Konami Los Angeles Studio (or whatever you're called now) will be focusing on MGO?

Trickshot

I think MGO3 does boxes well. I don't think that second paragraph ever happened in MGO2 - boxes were few and far between.
It did happen in mgo2. It's the level based on the first chapter of the campaign.

North west corner in the "U" area. Next to the car.

...damn I can't believe i could recall that lol.

As for clutter, that's opinion based and although i disagree, i respect that.

Hope the update helps with some of the concerns gaf players were having. We might make some adjustments to these before launch, but we'll have the full specific details around launch of the patch.
I'm really excited for these. A bit worried that infiltrators might be getting overnerfed but overall pretty satisfied.

Edzi

I still think Infiltrators needed one more general nerf, and that's for their camo to stop working if they run or sprint and to only work during crouch walk or crawling. That, plus no camo for C&D defenders would make me pretty happy. Still, I'll be giving the game another chance after the patch since I'm happy they actually listened to complaints.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I still think Infiltrators needed one more general nerf, and that's for their camo to stop working if they run or sprint and to only work during crouch walk or crawling. That, plus no camo for C&D defenders would make me pretty happy. Still, I'll be giving the game another chance after the patch since I'm happy they actually listened to complaints.

Would be even more terrible for them.

They are already going to be glowing targets for anyone using NVG, and since the time to mark them is now normal, they basically have to run from cover to cover to avoid getting detected.

Drencrom

Jesus, that's a lot of nerfs for infiltrators. Not sure if I'll stick around with that class if it is as bad as it sounds, we'll see how it turns out tho.

Just tried online for the first time today. What's with all the stealth camo, everyone I played with had it enabled, kept getting surprise attacks every minute, half the time the opponent was completely invisible as they weren't moving. Could barely do anything.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just tried online for the first time today. What's with all the stealth camo, everyone I played with had it enabled, kept getting surprise attacks every minute, half the time the opponent was completely invisible as they weren't moving. Could barely do anything.

Divine retribution for not using Scout and NVG.
They're getting nerfed

wouldn't increased sprinting and decreased camo time simply encourage more people to sprint around when camo'd? the camo time should be longer but it should be completely disabled when sprinting

Edzi

wouldn't increased sprinting and decreased camo time simply encourage more people to sprint around when camo'd? the camo time should be longer but it should be completely disabled when sprinting

I don't think it should be longer, but I agree with it being disabled while sprinting. Camo should only be used for very strategic playstyles, not so that you can do an invisible rush towards your enemy. It's just not really fun to fight invisible enemies, and I'm glad they're kind of starting to realize that with the nerfs.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't think it should be longer, but I agree with it being disabled while sprinting. Camo should only be used for very strategic playstyles, not so that you can do an invisible rush towards your enemy. It's just not really fun to fight invisible enemies, and I'm glad they're kind of starting to realize that with the nerfs.

If the battery is lessened then there's no way I'd say it should disable when sprinting. If I see a guy relatively nearby, he can technically see me on the map, but I should be able to sprint to him and knock him out.

So why are infiltrators OP? Last time i asked two people told me they're not and it's just people whining.
I've only played with an infiltrator so far so I don't know how the other 2 classes are like

i'm liking the automatching, weapon, and empty magazine changes. not sure about health changes, enforcer boost is good though. d-walker change... i dunno i like how good they were; would of rather just had them spawn less. but i suppose either way they're tweaked down a bit. overall good changes in so far as it shows they're paying attention and seem to have a good grasp of what's going on.

If cloak is removed from defenders in C+D, then there is literally zero point in playing an Infiltrator in that mode since the class will have no unique ability at all.

Scout have NVG and Enforcers have Field Scout. Infiltrators will have nothing to help them and the lowest stamina in the game.

Either Infiltrators need a brand new amazing ability for C+D, or the cloak needs to stay. It's already getting it battery nerfed, on top the easy spotting while cloaked.

For people who rely on CQC slam for knockouts, use the hold and choke out if you want to take them out in one move.

The choke will actually be useful now.

It's much slower and you're much more likey to get killed before completing it than a slam. The grabbed player can radio for help too.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If cloak is removed from defenders in C+D, then there is literally zero point in playing an Infiltrator in that mode since the class will have no unique ability at all.

Scout have NVG and Enforcers have Field Scout. Infiltrators will have nothing to help them and the lowest stamina in the game.

Either Infiltrators need a brand new amazing ability for C+D, or the cloak needs to stay. It's already getting it battery nerfed, on top the easy spotting while cloaked.

The stun shotgun, their CQC abilities, and fast interrogate are still useful I guess.

It's much slower and you're much more likey to get killed before completing it than a slam. The grabbed player can radio for help too.

no reason to play as scout either as NVG dont work in that mode

cloak for defending team is just dumb

Warewolf

Stoked on no CQC prompt, pissed I have to start carrying CQC Stealth+1 though.

Definitely gonna need to get some play time in with the new rules to know whether or not I want to stick with infiltrators though. I mainly ran around interrogating . So scout might be a better move after the patch.

Edzi

There shouldn't even be different classes in C&D, the game should just let everyone pick from some predefined Defender/Attacker loadouts.

If the battery is lessened then there's no way I'd say it should disable when sprinting. If I see a guy relatively nearby, he can technically see me on the map, but I should be able to sprint to him and knock him out.

If you're seen as an Infiltrator, then I think you should be dead. You shouldn't be able to sprint up to me while invisible for an easy CQC kill.

Mature

So why are infiltrators OP? Last time i asked two people told me they're not and it's just people whining.
I've only played with an infiltrator so far so I don't know how the other 2 classes are like
In Bounty they were OP because they could take someone down with little effort, get a fulton on, and with fulton*2 or fulton*3 it was nearly impossible to save them. And with the Fulton Cannon carrying over the fulton ability it was a joke. This was evidenced by 60-70% of the composition of matches were infiltrators.

I agree. Except no one should have unique abilities in C&D. It should be standardized for the sake of that mode.

In Bounty they were OP because they could take someone down with little effort, get a fulton on, and with fulton*2 or fulton*3 it was nearly impossible to save them. And with the Fulton Cannon carrying over the fulton ability it was a joke. This was evidenced by 60-70% of the composition of matches were infiltrators.

I agree. Except no one should have unique abilities in C&D. It should be standardized for the sake of that mode.

agreed.

RK9039

These changes sound pretty damn good to me, the CQC stuff especially. You couldn't even knock out people with one slam using CQC 3/EX in MGO2 (after they patched it), so I have no idea why they did that initially with this one.

The stun shotgun, their CQC abilities, and fast interrogate are still useful I guess.

Right, and an Infiltrator without stealth camo is gonna sneak up on a cloaked player, especially now without R2 prompt?

And you don't get to use the stun shotgun as defending team.

konjak

If you're seen as an Infiltrator, then I think you should be dead. You shouldn't be able to sprint up to me while invisible for an easy CQC kill.

I think some people really over-emphasize how easy it is to hide in MGO, even with camo. Just simply move and you're quite visible.

I like some of these changes, but not others, as the class never annoyed me much. I was instead bothered by how many SMG shots Enforcers are able to take, and now they're getting more health. Will probably be okay, though... we'll see.

So Infiltrator is pretty much going to be garbage and CD is going to be a slaughterhouse for defenders. Making the class more CQC based and making so where camo is disabled if shot is fine, but nerfing health and CQC slams is beyond dumb. Tranqs are ridiculously useless and demand so much precision from moving targets. Add in some lag and you are as useful as a vegetable. I'm surprised anyone is defending it when it was already a struggle to play stealth as Infil. The change would have been much better if they kept CQC OHKO slams, health, and camo battery the same but rid the class of launchers and such and buffed the Tranq pistol to where its a 2-3HK at most in close range anywhere on the body excluding the head.

Guess it is Marksman for me until they learn that they made a class pointless to run outside of shits and giggles.

Like, the other two classes are easily dominant with the perks they have on their side and its so stacked against Infil, its nearly pointless to run. It is so difficult listing a reason to even justify the nerfs unless you are a victim of a 1000 CQC slams.

edit:

I can also understand the CQC prompt being taken out. There were times where people should have easily knocked me out or killed me because I didn't see them, but the prompt warned me that they were hiding behind the obstruction I was passing. Though, a better fix would have been to not have the prompt come up if a player is cloaked.

So Infiltrator is pretty much going to be garbage and CD is going to be a slaughterhouse for defenders. Making the class more CQC based and making so where camo is disabled if shot is fine, but nerfing health and CQC slams is beyond dumb. Tranqs are ridiculously useless and demand so much precision from moving targets. Add in some lag and you are as useful as a vegetable. I'm surprised anyone is defending it when it was already a struggle to play stealth as Infil. The change would have been much better if they kept CQC OHKO slams, health, and camo battery the same but rid the class of launchers and such and buffed the Tranq pistol to where its a 2-3HK at most in close range anywhere on the body excluding the head.

Guess it is Marksman for me until they learn that they made a class pointless to run outside of shits and giggles.

Like, the other two classes are easily dominant with the perks they have on their side and its so stacked against Infil, its nearly pointless to run. It is so difficult listing a reason to even justify the nerfs unless you are a victim of a 1000 CQC slams.

edit:

I can also understand the CQC prompt being taken out. There were times where people should have easily knocked me out or killed me because I didn't see them, but the prompt warned me that they were hiding behind the obstruction I was passing. Though, a better fix would have been to not have the prompt come up if a player is cloaked.

lol, is this your first MGO? the tranq pistol is godly when you learn how to get headshots consistently. and the infiltrator class is for experience and expert players anyway, the game even tells you this.

lol, is this your first MGO? the tranq pistol is godly when you learn how to get headshots consistently. and the infiltrator class is for experience and expert players anyway, the game even tells you this.

I know what the game tells me but it doesn't mean it should be neutered to all hell just to make it for experts. The short range specialties and reliance on CQC and stealth - especially when the other two classes sport shields, recon equipment, ranged weapons, etc. - speak for that alone.

And I don't know what games you get where you can just easily get headshots with the pistol unless everyone you come across is bad or doesn't move much.

This isn't MGO1 or 2, so do you have an argument?

Like for example...if they so great, why does -nobody- use them in anything except C+D where forced to?

Spinluck

Infiltrators the only class to get nerfs?

They definitely needed it. Only time will tell if it is a good nerf. Haven't played in a while, but I'll give it a chance. Thank god it is no longer in C&D for defenders, what a dumb fucking decision to begin with.

demolitio

I stopped playing my infiltrator class since it was pretty easy to dominate a match, so some changes were needed but this sounds like tipping the scale way in the other direction in a reactionary move. We'll see how it goes I guess, but it'd be funny if I went from not playing my favorite class (love stealthy style of play) because it was too good to not playing my favorite class because it's useless. :D

The game can be quite fun though when I host a match and get some friends on my team since I know my team will work together and I know the host won't rage-quit and ruin it for everyone else.

I remember one time when I tranqed 3 people as an Enforcer with shield one after the other as they came out of a doorway. It was pretty funny.

Tranq is a one shot KO for people with good aim. Takes getting used to but it's usable.

Maddocks

Nothing feels better then tranqing someone with a bounty of 8 and walking over to them and collecting it and as you are putting on the fulton, your teammate decides to kill the person. Nothing feels better then that.

RedEther

Gonna type all changes out and hit post when they done.

- Adjusting (nerfing) CQC stun damage
- Adjusting (nerfing) CQC reach
- CQC Stealth+ level 2 skill needed to 1 hit slam-stun
- Stealth camo changes not for C+D
- Easier to buddy up (don't need be facing perfectly etc)
- Buddy guage clear between rounds
- E-loc, stun nades etc carry amount nerf
- Can carry 2 cardboard boxes
- Walker gear/anti-air more easily damaged
- Walker gear gun damage nerf
- Movement speed buffs, move faster, sprint longer
- C+D will end if all players on a team are stunned (lol no more farming the last guy)
- Empty magazine more noisy when thrown
- Cannot see magazine being thrown
- 15s to choose loadout as match starts, up from 10.
- Can no longer kill an enemy being fultoned, nor pop the balloon
- Will remember custom search filters when finding match
- Matchmaking will be based on your highest character level, not the one you're using (this is still garbage matchmaking method)
- Ascended characters will count as level 37

Infiltrator changes

- Infiltrator health, stamina and gun damage getting nerfed.
- Stealth camo battery life nerf
- Decloak when take damage
- Shorter (getting) marked time for stealthed players
- Fulton level 2 getting nerfed, easier to pop balloon.
- Taking away launchers and LMGs from Infiltrator
- Shotguns only for Infiltrator
- No more E-locators

Scout changes

- E-locator only for Scouts
- Scout can mark faster
- Scout health buff
- 1st person scope sway reduced
- NVG let scouts mark cloaked infiltrator at normal speed
- Scout losing shotguns and launchers

Enforcers changes

- Launchers Enforcer exclusive.
- Enforcer more health and stamina
- Sleep launcher getting nerfed ammo count, stun amount and firing speed
- Decreased LMG recoil
- LMG damage buff versus walker gears, anti-air etc

- DONE

Scout players rejoice :)

Edzi

They definitely needed it. Only time will tell if it is a good nerf. Haven't played in a while, but I'll give it a chance. Thank god it is no longer in C&D for defenders, what a dumb fucking decision to begin with.

Do you mean camo for defenders? Because I don't think they removed that, sadly.

It's still in C+D defending.

And it needs to stay, since the class is getting nerfed to hell.

Top Bottom