• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Bladewolf DLC |OT| TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIIND

Metal-Gear-Rising-Blade-Wolf-10.jpg

Price: $6.99/560 MSP
Release Date: Tuesday, May 14th (NA)/Wednesday, May 15th (EU)
Framerate: 8.5 DPS (Dogframes Per Second)

Gameplay Trailer

Everyone's favourite wise-crackin' cybernetic doggy buddy is back in Metal Gear Rising's second story DLC: Bladewolf.

In this single-chapter gaiden story, Bladewolf reminisces about the time when he was known as LQ-84i, assisting the Winds of Destruction and the mercenary Khamsin (making his Metal Gear Rising debut) in overthrowing the government of Abkhazia under the command of Mistral. Players will take control of LQ-84i as he stalks his way through the war-torn city of Abkhazia (the setting of the main game's first chapter) in an attempt free himself from his metaphorical chains and become his own master.

Bladewolf is a totally unique character from Raiden and Sam (the previous DLC character), sharing few-to-none of their moves. Being a fragile machine, players must be more careful to avoid damage while controlling the didactic dog, as even a single hit can spell doom. Instead, a more predatory playstyle is offered in which one must make use of Bladewolf's Heat Dagger projectiles and stealthy Hunt Kill to dispatch enemies discreetly, while abusing his wicked chainsaw tail and proficiency for crowd control during the event of a hand-to-paw brawl.

This chapter will contain a 1-2 hour story mission culminating in an all-new boss (Khamsin and his rocket-axe mecha of DOOOOOOOOOM), as well as 5 new Bladewolf-centric VR missions.

Oh, and the cat is back. Innocent Easter egg or evil mastermind? You decide.

Achievements/Trophies:

DL-Story-02: Status - Closed
Complete DL-Story-02: Blade Wolf.

Predatory Instincts
Defeat 30 enemies in DL-Story-02: Blade Wolf via Hunt Kills.

Wolf's Pride
Defeat Khamsin without taking any damage on Hard difficulty or above.

Fangs of Fury
Complete DL-Story-02: Blade Wolf on Revengeance difficulty in one hour or less.

I'M MY OWN MASTER NOW!!

Just noticed that this DLC is cheaper than the Sam chapter. Kinda glad I'll get this one first, all-new, different moves and all.

It's not cheaper. And Sam had new moves, too. :p

Aww darn. That's another $20 card for me then!

At least LQ84i will SEEM different enough at first brush. I know Sam has different stuff like taunting and a different Perfect Parry. I'll play through Wolf's DLC first then go to Sam. Need a breather after I gun through to S-rank everything.

Backup required, AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To continue alone would be foolish. Help me!

9.99 = 6.99

So says Mr. ScraftyDevil

Now you're just being nasty.

I covered my butt this time! If it's $6.99 then it'll be a pleasant surprise and I'll update the OP with no one being the wiser, and if it's $9.99 then people can kick the crap out of me for relaying false information!

Now you're just being nasty.

I covered my butt this time! If it's $6.99 then it'll be a pleasant surprise and I'll update the OP with no one being the wiser, and if it's $9.99 then people can kick the crap out of me for relaying false information!

Typical thread poster... Big promises, but all talk!!

Typical thread poster... Big promises, but all talk!!

I have a dream. That one day every person on this board will control their own destiny. A forum of the truly free, dammit. A forum of words, not action, ruled by members, not mods! Where the ToS changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where power and entitlement are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every member is free to think - to post- for himself! F*ck all these limp-dick mods and chickenshit admins. F*ck this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and Kotaku bullsh*t! F*ck"Believing"! F*ck the Off-Topic! F*CK ALL OF IT! GAF is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new GAF will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The stupid will be purged and the sarcastic will thrive - free to post what they see fit; they'll make GAF great again! ...In my new GAF, people will post and get banned for what they BELIEVE! Not for the first post; not for fame! Not for what they're told is funny. Every member will be free to fight his own console wars!

I'll take my Oscar now.

I have a dream. That one day every person on this board will control their own destiny. A forum of the truly free, dammit. A forum of words, not action, ruled by members, not mods! Where the ToS changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where power and entitlement are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every member is free to think - to post- for himself! F*ck all these limp-dick mods and chickenshit admins. F*ck this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and Kotaku bullsh*t! F*ck"Believing"! F*ck the Off-Topic! F*CK ALL OF IT! GAF is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new GAF will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The stupid will be purged and the sarcastic will thrive - free to post what they see fit; they'll make GAF great again! ...In my new GAF, people will post and get banned for what they BELIEVE! Not for the first post; not for fame! Not for what they're told is funny. Every member will be free to fight his own console wars!

I'll take my Oscar now.

That was bat-shit impressive. And I thought I was done with speeches about higher causes.

This deserves to be in the OT. Either this or the main Rising OT.

JPKellams

In before Akainu tries to invalidate everything about my existence and make me feel like I shaved his toy poodle with Blade Wolf's chainsaw.

I'll take my Oscar now.

iewTSWZpls6XV.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Q for PlatinumGamesJP: Is this the last of the DLC? I know it's all that's been announced, but is Platinum/Konami looking into more?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Now make a DLC with Gene from God Hand as the playable character for no reason other than ballbustah.

Neiteio

I'll take my Oscar now.
That... was... AMAZING.

Saving this post.

ROUND OF APPLAUSE!

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

slow-clap-gif.gif

joker.gif

iewTSWZpls6XV.gif

Roto13

These DLCs would be a lot more palatable if the characters were playable in the regular story levels. Even without cutscenes or codec calls or anything.

I'll still buy it, but only because Platinum is the best and I really like Rising a lot. For any other game/developer, I'd probably pass.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EatChildren: If they haven't announced anything by now, I doubt it. Platinum is probably focusing on their We 2 projects than a game that has all it's DLC out now.

I'm hoping the no damage this outing is less luck-based than the last one. Fuck that one's no damage. :/

Shinta

Banned
These DLCs would be a lot more palatable if the characters were playable in the regular story levels. Even without cutscenes or codec calls or anything.

I'll still buy it, but only because Platinum is the best and I really like Rising a lot. For any other game/developer, I'd probably pass.

Agreed. I'll never get why this isn't always the case when new characters are added.

Hypron

In before Akainu tries to invalidate everything about my existence and make me feel like I shaved his toy poodle with Blade Wolf's chainsaw.

Hey JP, I've got a quick question while you're here.

Would you happen to know what the darkened S ranks on the scoreboard mean?

I spent a fair amount of time on google trying to find an answer, but my search was fruitless.

Cheers!

I'll take my Oscar now.

We've all heard enough speeches about "higher causes" by now. History will decide who's right.

End of story.

I'll take my Oscar now.

What...a load...of BULLSHIT!

Keasar

I'll take my Oscar now.

dontfuckwiththissenatxjzmk.gif

Glorious.

ZeroRay

I'll take my Oscar now.

Make no mistake Fido. When I'm done with him, you're next!

Tookay

I'll take my Oscar now.

I said my thread was a tool of justice. Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now... now I'm not so sure.

And besides... this isn't my thread.

Robot Pants

I was gonna say yea this isn't really BladeWolf per say, but the OT and apparently the game cleared that all up.
I still need to get the Sam DLC

One more day, guys!

Heat of the desert
Dust settles on my face
Without a compass
The soldier knows no disgrace
Out of the ashes
The eagle rises still
Freedom is calling
To all those who bend their will

Here I am
Dirty and faceless
Ready to heed your instructions
On my own
Invisible warrior
I am a Wind of DESTRUCTIOOOOOOOOOON

Gbraga

I'll take my Oscar now.

I said my thread was a tool of justice. Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now... now I'm not so sure.

And besides... this isn't my thread.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DELICIOUS

BY2K

Membero Americo

I'll take my Oscar now.

I was wrong about you.

You're not greedy...

You're BATSHIT INSANE!

Top Bottom