• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Jetstream DLC |OT| Show Me A Good Time, Platinum

new avatar, Net_Wrecker? Have you become a new man, who doesn't watch current WWE?

But Raw was amazing on Monday. :(

One more week. One more week then I promise, I'll stop watching.

I CAN STOP, NOT LIKE I'M ADDICTED OR ANYTHING.

WHY YOU LOOKING AT ME, I CAN STOP WHEN I WANT TO. *twitch*

But Raw was amazing on Monday. :(
zejsw3lx3r.gif

***_******* to the end...

It was though, go read the thread activity during the show. The crowd was brilliant. You know I'd be the first to call out the terribleness.

Breaking habits....these things take time.

RangerBAD

Someone please tell me why after 5 Normal playthroughs I haven't got the Quick Draw trophy? I'm like killing everything with it. Do I need to charge for this to count toward the trophy or just tap heavy attack?

Hypron

I just downloaded this a bit ago. I might make a LTTP thread, but I'll ask here: can you manually sheathe Sam's sword?

I think I read you can click one of the sticks to sheathe it.

Otherwise, the achievements are still not up on xbox.com. FFS Platinum, get you shit sorted.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is absolutely amazing.

For the 100 kills with Quickdraw, does any Heavy attack work, or does it have to specifically be with the move called Quickdraw?

Any heavy attack and any enemy.

I got the trophy killing gekkos with his circular one.

I think they have to be fully charged attacks though

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, thanks, Retro.

Just grabbed the remaining collectibles and no damaged the final boss. The final boss isn't quite as bad as I was expecting because there is a checkpoint midfight.

The achievement list for this game is completely fucked. The VR Mission achievements are present for the NA 360, not letting people complete the game. And now the Jetstream achievements aren't adding to the game's Gamerscore total.... it's still listed as 1000/1000. I hope it gets fixed. Something's really off.

RangerBAD

Yeah, thanks, Retro.

Just grabbed the remaining collectibles and no damaged the final boss. The final boss isn't quite as bad as I was expecting because there is a checkpoint midfight.

The achievement list for this game is completely fucked. The VR Mission achievements are present for the NA 360, not letting people complete the game. And now the Jetstream achievements aren't adding to the game's Gamerscore total.... it's still listed as 1000/1000. I hope it gets fixed. Something's really off.

I hate when I come back after a few months to my PS3 and suddenly a 100% game turns into a 50% game. So irksome. Happened on RE5 and Uncharted 2 and 3.

demidar

I hate when I come back after a few months to my PS3 and suddenly a 100% game turns into a 50% game. So irksome. Happened on RE5 and Uncharted 2 and 3.

They should just make the percentage go over 100%. That way you can say you "100%" a game for all eternity.

Not manually, no. Because Raiden's Devil Trigger/Ripper mode is on that command.

You have to click in both to sheathe it? I wonder why it's not assigned to just clicking the left stick outside of blade mode. I don't think that has any function.

Also, If I'm going for the amateur radio operator trophy and start the Sam DLC, will I have to start that trophy run over since the DLC counts as starting a new game?

MormaPope

Banned
Fun DLC, was stuck on the last boss fight and spent 20 minutes doing one charge attack and dodging 95% of the time, then realized I could taunt him. Made the battle much easier.

Overall more Rising is always great, but I enjoyed Raiden's moveset and perks much more than Sam's. Raiden's dodge has invincibility frames that make dodging much easier to spam, he's also very quick. Sam's dodge has no room for error, it feels like there's absolutely no invincibility during his dodge, along with his dodge being slower than Raiden's.

Raiden's combat moveset is so much faster than Sam's, Raiden deserves his lighting nickname for how fast he is. Sam is more powerful, but at the expense of speed and move diversity. Raiden feels nimble, Sam feels sluggish. Even Raiden's parry is faster than Sam's.

While the taunting concept is neat, enemies such as the mastiffs get so pissed off that there's barely a window of opportunity for attacks. Hard difficulty definitely offered a lot of challenge also.

Overall, I prefer Raiden both from a gameplay perspective and story perspective. Sam's chapter is definitely worth it and I might enjoy it more once I grasp the best strategies for combat.

RangerBAD

He would have felt faster if he had the same moveset that he had as a boss. I think with the DLC, you're really meant to use him in the sense of dodge and then charge moves where there's a long enough opening. I fairly sure that's how they designed him for the DLC. Honestly, this Sam is pre-cyborg arm and HF blade. It's just a high calibur katana in the DLC. That might explain his moveset.

demidar

Raiden's combat moveset is so much faster than Sam's, Raiden deserves his lighting nickname for how fast he is. Sam is more powerful, but at the expense of speed and move diversity. Raiden feels nimble, Sam feels sluggish. Even Raiden's parry is faster than Sam's.

That's because Raiden is a ninja and Sam is a samurai.

Also Samu(el) + Rai(den) = Samurai. Some other gaffer came up with that.

The problem with the final boss is you spend too much time dodging which makes the fight frustrating as what moves he uses is mostly random. It wasn't a problem in the base game because being defensive also dealt damage i.e. those QTE sequences after dodging a clothesline.

RangerBAD

That's because Raiden is a ninja and Sam is a samurai.

Also Samu(el) + Rai(den) = Samurai. Some other gaffer came up with that.

The problem with the final boss is you spend too much time dodging which makes the fight frustrating as what moves he uses is mostly random. It wasn't a problem in the base game because being defensive also dealt damage i.e. those QTE sequences after dodging a clothesline.

When Armstrong does his slow wind up side kick, that's usually the best place to do a charge move because he usually will go into a charge move too.

demidar

When Armstrong does his slow wind up side kick, that's usually the best place to do a charge move because he usually will go into a charge move too.

I didn't really see any vulnerabilities but I was coming from a No Damage point of view. Armstrong is easy if you're not trying to not get hit.

RangerBAD

I didn't really see any vulnerabilities but I was coming from a No Damage point of view. Armstrong is easy if you're not trying to not get hit.

That's how I no damaged him. Get one charge in with taunt, he'll do either power geyser on fire pillars. If he does geyser, you get another free charge, then move to safe spot and charge again.

demidar

That's how I no damaged him. Get one charge in with taunt, he'll do either power geyser on fire pillars. If he does geyser, you get another free charge, then move to safe spot and charge again.

You must've got lucky because I rarely saw him even use the geyser attack during his berserk phase. I was doing a non-charged quick draw between dodging shotgun kicks and dive grabs. I only ever saw his explosive nova thing twice out of the 50 retries I did.

TP

v7NwkYIl.jpg

GWOc8Wr.gif

I'll leave normal and easy for some other time.
I don't feel like dealing with VR 4 anymore

All the titles have been found
1. S rank all difficulties
2. Beat in less than 40 min
2. Taunt 100 enemies

Hypron

v7NwkYIl.jpg

GWOc8Wr.gif

I'll leave normal and easy for some other time.
I don't feel like dealing with VR 4 anymore

All the titles have been found
1. S rank all difficulties
2. Beat in less than 40 min
2. Taunt 100 enemies

Nice, congrats!

I'm planning on s ranking everything as well but I'm waiting until platinum fixes the achievements before I do so. Hopefully they do that quickly.

RangerBAD

You must've got lucky because I rarely saw him even use the geyser attack during his berserk phase. I was doing a non-charged quick draw between dodging shotgun kicks and dive grabs. I only ever saw his explosive nova thing twice out of the 50 retries I did.

He did Fire Pillar most of the time. In my 100+ tries on Hard, he would do it as long as he did 3 passes of his burning fist. Almost 100%. He normally does 2 passes on Hard though.

Yeah. That was ScraftyDevil being wrong though. Breaking everyone's hearts. Again.

You wound me. I checked again, and just about every site that reported the price pre-release said $6.99, so they must have either changed it before launch or sent out the wrong information by accident. Either way; I'm only partially at fault here for relaying false information to the trusting public!

Top Bottom