• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

TnK

And then people will give up on the game at the end of chapter 2... Better start on hard, the above difficulties are balanced for replays.
Is it really that hard? I finished the game H VH, and REV, so I think I can enter the konami code and jump into VH.

are you guys waiting for the game while blasting the OST?

IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY

HERE I STAND BENEATH THE WARM AND SOOTHING RAIN

THE DROPLETS FALLING DIDDLEY DOWN ON THE TERRAIN

Ned_Flanders.png

Hypron

Is it really that hard? I finished the game H VH, and REV, so I think I can enter the konami code and jump into VH.

I'm talking about people that have never played the game before. The beginning of the game is going to be brutal for them in VH, they will have a weapon that does shit-all damage and will face advanced enemy types right at the beginning of the game.

.another giveaway
we can never have too many giveaways

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747872.
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising 4 -- MB-ACBC773AD5F9D1FB
Metal Gear Rising 3 -- MB-60D04287807C85CE
Metal Gear Rising -- MB-08BBD06183E60B90
Metal Gear Rising 2 -- MB-AF33EF9D23AF9142

Awesome giveaway and thanks for the chance

TnK

I'm talking about people that have never played the game before. The beginning of the game is going to be brutal for them in VH, they will have a weapon that does shit-all damage and will face advanced enemy types right at the beginning of the game.
Oh, I thought you meant in general. I just remembered that it may become a grind jumping into VH, and not a fun one.

Microsoft needs to hurry up and release the Xbox One controller drivers. It's a brilliant controller and my favorite released yet, although the dualshock 4 is pretty great and it's what I'll be using for this.

I'm so glad they didn't butcher the cutscenes by compressing the game to hell. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, cutscene compression is one of the most immersion breaking things of the last gen. Games are only going to get bigger from now on, so I suppose people should get used to it! At least pre-loads are pretty common now.

Ionic

I'm so glad they didn't butcher the cutscenes by compressing the game to hell. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, cutscene compression is one of the most immersion breaking things of the last gen. Games are only going to get bigger from now on, so I suppose people should get used to it! At least pre-loads are pretty common now.

I want developers to ditch prerendered cutscenes entirely. Make as much of it in engine as possible. Full 1080p rendered scenes are only going to look fine until I get a 1440p monitor, and I shudder to think about the juxtaposition between gameplay and 1080p prerender in a 4k future.

Hypron

I was planning on finishing SM3DW tonight so that I can move on to MGR:R tomorrow but the final level (
champion's road
) is kicking my ass too much so I won't be able to D:

Joeku

I want developers to ditch prerendered cutscenes entirely. Make as much of it in engine as possible. Full 1080p rendered scenes are only going to look fine until I get a 1440p monitor, and I shudder to think about the juxtaposition between gameplay and 1080p prerender in a 4k future.

Futureproofing is probably the last thing on a developer's mind when pushing a game out under shotgun.

I don't think pre-rendered cutscenes will ever fully be ditched as often certain scenes may be difficult to render using the game engine. 1080P should also scale to 4K without issues.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I was planning on finishing SM3DW tonight so that I can move on to MGR:R tomorrow but the final level (
champion's road
) is kicking my ass too much so I won't be able to D:

Took me about 80 tries. You can do it.

Grief.exe

Futureproofing is probably the last thing on a developer's mind when pushing a game out under shotgun.

That may be true, but games on PC tend to generate revenue for decades. Future-proofing is, often times, the best way to assure yourself of that constant annuity.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Spent ~$50 using my credit card because of this and Consortium. No more new games until March. Promise.

Thanks. I might resort to using power-ups because I'm really getting nowhere. 60 death and counting haha

I did it with no powerups but I did it with the fifth character.

XaosWolf

Thanks. I might resort to using power-ups because I'm really getting nowhere. 60 death and counting haha

I managed without power ups. I used Peach, and it was ridiculous even though she can fucking float. =P

And this "Releasing in so long we may as well release it tomorrow" thing is ever a pain in the arse. >=C

Grief.exe

Here are the achievements for Metal Gear Rising, taken from the registry.

• "ACH_FILE_R_00_CLEAR",
  • "ACH_LOOKING_OUT",
  • "ACH_WHAT",
  • "ACH_FILE_R_01_CLEAR",
  • "ACH_SILVERBACK",
  • "ACH_ANTI_CYBORG",
  • "ACH_DATCH_RIGHT",
  • "ACH_RIP_EM_APART",
  • "ACH_FILE_R_02_CLEAR",
  • "ACH_EXTINCTION_LEVEL",
  • "ACH_DLC_STORY_02_CLEAR",
  • "ACH_HERPETOPHOBIA",