• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Vitor711

༼ つ ◕_◥ ༽つ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ Cadbury's, Give REVENGEANCE

Ha.

Man, I wish they would have let me select where I could install the preload because I'm going to have to download this from scratch once it's finally on the store. Sort your sh*t out Valve, come on, that's basic functionality. Preloads should not default to your primary drive without an option to select anything else.

Durante

Ha.

Man, I wish they would have let me select where I could install the preload because I'm going to have to download this from scratch once it's finally on the store. Sort your sh*t out Valve, come on, that's basic functionality. Preloads should not default to your primary drive without an option to select anything else.
It only took them 8 years to allow you to set the install directory, I'm sure it's coming soon!

Anteater

I still can't believe there is no modding scene here in Japan. UK, USA, China and other countries are WAYYYYY ahead in comparison. My mistake was building a new PC in Japan instead of ordering all the parts online back in the UK. Don't get me wrong, Japan always get the latest stuff but that's about it, the latest usual commercial stuff... not lots of third party variety stuff which is wholly needed. It's a major pity.

I'm not too familiar with the modding scene, I'm just glad I'm able to play most games without importing or jumping through hoops :D

Not sure about the future with Konami :p

Forkball

They will get this sorted out by 2016 I'm sure, along with sonic & all stars racing transformed from Sega.

You can be gifted Sonic Racing or if you buy the key off of Amazon or Gamersgate it can still activate. But MGR can't be gifted nor activated by keys in Asia. I think MGR is the first game where you cannot cross-region gift at all. I really wonder the point of region locking random games. Lords of Shadow from Konami is region free on Steam, yet MGR is not.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Ha.

I was able to select where the preload went.

suikodan

Isn't the game supposed to be playable now? I wanted to (finally) try it this morning and it's still on preload.

ZeroX03

Banned
Setting my alarm for 5am to play this baby aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1_by_baraa01-d71hc6p.gif

Sendou

Action games played before: Wonderful 101

Metal Gear (Solid) games played before: None

Will this be a problem?

Dr Dogg

Of all the days to have a hard drive die on me why did it have to be today. Well fingers crossed Rising will work from Safe Mode.

That'll be my dumb luck for chipping off work early then.

demidar

Action games played before: Wonderful 101

Metal Gear (Solid) games played before: None

Will this be a problem?

Metal Gear Rising inhabits its own bubble of canon (not that story is that meaningful in this game).

Wait what the hell am I doing in this thread?

Is the swordplay simple in this or is it like DMC which uses every damn button combination known which Im not the biggest fan of....but I did love DmC.

Manac0r

I want to jump aboard the hype train, been wanting any recent Metal Gear on PC for a while now. Even been replaying MGS3 on my Vita to kill the time. Just worried about the port, hope there's no stuttering like some recent game have suffered from or poor optimisation. I just been burnt too many times in the past.. But my pre load is ready and will be home in time for the unlock, so here's hoping....

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oooooh i really wish there was an early PC demo for me to see if it was even worth me double dipping with my old i5 and 5770 over the PS3 version. I keep seeing that pre-release price tick down and like
"£15.99 for a game you already own, injured your thumbs with due to overplay, and on top of like 10 games youre already playing right now simultaneousl-EAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDDDDDD~"

hodgy100

Is the swordplay simple in this or is it like DMC which uses every damn button combination known which Im not the biggest fan of....but I did love DmC.

there are DMC like combo's but overall its a lot more button mashy, the game is more about timing your parrys and dodging etc.

Anteater

You can be gifted Sonic Racing or if you buy the key off of Amazon or Gamersgate it can still activate. But MGR can't be gifted nor activated by keys in Asia. I think MGR is the first game where you cannot cross-region gift at all. I really wonder the point of region locking random games. Lords of Shadow from Konami is region free on Steam, yet MGR is not.

Yeah I brought up Sonic Racing Transformed because that's been out for a while and they don't seem to have any intention to correct it and put it up on the store, so I'm kind of worrying that this might be the case with MGR.

Lords of Shadow isn't available on the store for certain regions too from what I read from some people on twitter, but I'm not 100% sure, and yeah you could buy a key for that and sonic racing from gmg and gamersgate.

I've only seen two trailers of this game. I never thought I'd end up playing it because I wanted it on PC to play it in the next 12 hours is a dream come true woo so excite. Virtually know nothing about the game except that it looks awesome and it's made by Platinum games and that's enough for me.

hodgy100

Listening to "It Has to be this way" scrolls down gaming age sees OT title "Violence Breeds Violence" kicks in in the song :)

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Are you opting into the Steam beta? I could select it on my laptop whicih is using beta, but not my PC which is on stable.

I'm not opted into the Steam beta. Maybe it was a fluke or Steam just gave me the illusion of choice? Lol.

EDIT: When I look for the preload files they are on my primary drive so maybe it was just a bug or when it unlocks the game will install to my other drive. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Ha.

I'm pretty sure you can pre-load and then choose your install directory once the game unlocks.

antitrop

Alright, just one short day at work and I can come home and play this.

Beyond excited, been looking forward to this for a long time.

It sucks being one of those people who wants to install the game in another drive and has to wait for release to do that on a shit slow internet connect, FML!!

Mohasus

It sucks being one of those people who wants to install the game in another drive and has to wait for release to do that on a shit slow internet connect, FML!!

I moved my steam folder to another drive (without the SteamApps folder) and then pre-loaded the game.

Coppanuva

Guys I'm faced with a tough decision today... go home and try to get in like 40 minutes of MGR:R between classes or do hw in that period so I can play more tonight for a longer period of time. What do I do?!

glaurung

For those that have not played this game before, I present how good the music can get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdfOtUp_MI

Oh, and I finished the game on PS3 just last Sunday. It was epic, I was stuck on the last phase of the last boss for months. But once I did beat him, it felt great. Plus my heart was beating like crazy, that was some genuine adrenaline junkie shit.

fresquito

Guys I'm faced with a tough decision today... go home and try to get in like 40 minutes of MGR:R between classes or do hw in that period so I can play more tonight for a longer period of time. What do I do?!
You are kidding yourself. You're not doing your hw xD

Coppanuva

You are kidding yourself. You're not doing your hw xD

Which is why my other option is to stay out at class and have an hour to do my hw (20 minutes commute from class to home and back). If I stay there I effectively force myself to do the hw which I'll have to do this weekend otherwise... decisions, decisoins.

ViviOggi

40 minutes? Doesn't seem worth it and you wouldn't want to quit no matter what.

KHlover

Banned

You'll play anyways, but I'd do HW first and then play a LOT of MGR this evening :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My pre-load let me choose the drive. Must be a beta thing.

It's not -- I'm in the client beta but am not given the option. My first thought was that perhaps it only occurs when Steam's home drive lacks sufficient space, but this isn't the case. Anywho, there's a workaround:

You can pre-load to another drive by:

- Installing Link Shell Extension
- Moving (i.e. cut and paste) the depotcache folder (located in the root of the Steam folder) to your desired drive
- Right-clicking on said folder and selecting "Pick link source"
- Navigating to the root of your Steam folder, right-clicking somewhere within the empty space, hovering over "Drop link as" and finally selecting "Symbolic link"

fresquito

Which is why my other option is to stay out at class and have an hour to do my hw (20 minutes commute from class to home and back). If I stay there I effectively force myself to do the hw which I'll have to do this weekend otherwise... decisions, decisoins.
You're answering yourself, aren't you?

Top Bottom