• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

TP

I was invited to go to the beach from tomorrow to Sunday.

WHAT DO

XSDKRwI.jpg

Miker

Hoping Steam has a big-ass banner for Revengeance's release tomorrow as they do with some of the bigger Steamworks AAA games.

sflufan

Banned
It should be the goal of the PC community to make this game a bigger success on the PC than it was on the consoles.

Revven

Oh man, you know what would be sick? Mods to play Sam or Blade Wolf in the main story. That would be... sooooo amazing. That would push me over the edge to buy it if it's a good port.

zainetor

Banned
It should be the goal of the PC community to make this game a bigger success on the PC than it was on the consoles.

they fucked up by releasing the game a little too late.
Another wrong move was releasing it on psn plus, before the pc version came out.
It's going to sell well, but wont pass consoles version

So I'm almost done my pre-load. Am I correct to assume this doesn't go live at Midnight 12 AM EST?

It is currently set to go live at 12 PM Central, although DmC was as well and it ended up going live at around 2 central. Still, I wouldn't expect that at all.

The game itself is region-free, but:

- If you're in one of the Asian countries listed here, you'll need to use a VPN to activate a retail key (Spotflux is free and US-based)
- Steam users in South America and Eastern European are unable to gift the game directly or trade it to users outside of these respective territories; while it is possible to circumvent this by having the gift e-mailed to you, at which point you can add it your inventory and then activate it using VPN, I wouldn't recommend this as it technically falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing, which Valve doesn't take kindly to (redeeming keys is fine as Valve doesn't see a cent from those)

If you want the game on the cheap, buy a key from Nuuvem (~$17; you can ignore the warning about it being region-locked to the Americas).

Thanks

Im in Colombia, so The nuveem Key would work with or without VPN?

If Platinum games became successful on PC it would help them to fund their own games thus retaining their own IPs. Also SEGA is very PC focussed nowadays so they'd possibly start funding new projects. Vanquish 2 yum yum.
That's IF PC gamers like their games, there's tons of ppl who see a control pad as the spawn of Satan.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jumping straight to hard then.

Yeah, Hard will last you a week of play if you play it occasionally like it did for me. I did grind for more abilities than I should've though. But the game is pretty balanced for that difficulty.

Top Bottom