• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Nokterian

My body is ready.

gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

Dizzy-4U

This is probably the only game where I enjoyed the boss battles so much that I wanted them to last longer.

That's one of the reasons why playing on higher difficulties is a good thing. Some of them start doing stuff that you don't see in normal since you kill them so fast.

I'm out on vacation for another 3 weeks, enjoy it guys.

Dawg

The hype is getting to me (even though I already completed in on PS3) and I can feel the urge to buy this game rising.

Recently bought a TV after saving for a while and I have a lot of hospital bills this month though... what's the lowest price atm?

Enkidu

Any PC gamer should own an xinput controller at this point.
Every PC gamer should own a controller.
I kind of hate it when people respond like this when someone asks if a game will have good mouse and keyboard controls. I do own a 360 controller, and I will play this game with it if I have to, but I would much rather not to. If the game simply cannot physically play well without a gamepad then fine, but most of the time it's a case of bad implementation and it's entirely valid to wonder whether or not the mouse and keyboard controls will be decent.

Carlisle

Great OT! I'm all preloaded and ready to go! Just scared to death of the CPU requirements. The min destroys my E8500, which up until know has been enough for everything I've thrown at it. Please don't be CPU-intensive!!

Grief.exe

Great OT! I'm all preloaded and ready to go! Just scared to death of the CPU requirements. The min destroys my E8500, which up until know has been enough for everything I've thrown at it. Please don't be CPU-intensive!!

The minimum requirements seem to be bullshit, we will have to wait and see.

Will playing on hard from the get go be impossible or will it be a challenge worth taking?

The consensus seems to be jump into hard for your first play through.

Tain

You might want to consider upgrading your skills and weapons in Hard first.

Unlike DMC, the weapon upgrades in MGR actually upgrade the damage output etc. of the weapon which helps offset the health boosts the enemies gain in Very Hard and Revengeance.

Also, Very Hard is in a way harder than the Revengeance difficulty.

I've beaten Hard on consoles, I figured the lack of upgrades will be a setback but Hard was a little too easy and I'm in the mood for some sweet pain.

I'm getting really excited about this. Unfortunately I'll be away Friday - Saturday, so I'll need to get as much Revengeance in my life as posssible tomorrow. Sucks that the release is at 8 p.m. here!

Valnen

I kind of hate it when people respond like this when someone asks if a game will have good mouse and keyboard controls. I do own a 360 controller, and I will play this game with it if I have to, but I would much rather not to. If the game simply cannot physically play well without a gamepad then fine, but most of the time it's a case of bad implementation and it's entirely valid to wonder whether or not the mouse and keyboard controls will be decent.

I don't really think every game needs to work with a mouse and keyboard. I think that if developers were forced to try and make the mouse and keyboard control scheme work for every game the platform would be unnecessarily held back from it's full potential. At this point not having a controller on your PC is a self inflicted problem.

feel

Can't believe the wait is almost over!

I hope it goes up to 120fps.

edit- Wait why was the subtitle not "|OT| Kept You Waiting Huh?"

KHlover

Banned

I wouldn't worry too much. Most system requirements are complete bullshit. I have an E8500 as well and so far it I have the same experience you have - it can deal with about anything I throw at it.

Carlisle

The minimum requirements seem to be bullshit, we will have to wait and see.
I wouldn't worry too much. Most system requirements are complete bullshit. I have an E8500 as well and so far it I have the same experience you have - it can deal with about anything I throw at it.

Damn that's a relief. Reqs aren't something I've paid much attention to since I know my build can at least start most everything that's out there. And then I tweak settings to get it playable, etc. So when I saw these reqs it blew my mind and dropped the floor out from under my hype. I'd already preordered by then though :)

You have steadied a frantic heart.

Dizzy-4U

I've beaten Hard on consoles, I figured the lack of upgrades will be a setback but Hard was a little too easy and I'm in the mood for some sweet pain.
Sweet pain? The VR Missions are for you :D

Oh God, the nightmares...D:

I'm in Ireland and I just found out 5 minutes ago that the game can't be seen or accessed by Irish people because of a fuck up. Well that's just dandy

Revven

I would join in on the double dipping but I'm afraid to put down the $20 or so on something I'm not sure my laptop can handle. I'll wait for the impressions on how it runs and such and then probably wait for a sale.

Sucks too because I loveeee the game.

Grief.exe

I'm in Ireland and I just found out 5 minutes ago that the game can't be seen or accessed by Irish people because of a fuck up. Well that's just dandy

Looks like they removed the purchase restriction from Ireland

Rtju0hL.png

Must have forgot to put the title up on the store. Buy from Amazon, GMG, Gamefly, etc and you will be able to redeem the code.

Enkidu

I don't really think every game needs to work with a mouse and keyboard. I think that if developers were forced to try and make the mouse and keyboard control scheme work for every game the platform would be unnecessarily held back from it's full potential. At this point not having a controller on your PC is a self inflicted problem.
That argument doesn't apply in this case as the controls are already well established with the previous console release, so no matter how much they try to make the mouse and keyboard controls work it can't take away from the gamepad controls. Also, you seem to be ignoring my argument by talking about not having a controller. As I stated, I have a controller and I will play with it if I have to, but I don't think a gamepad is the ultimate input device and for most games I will take decent if perhaps slightly flawed mouse and keyboard controls over great gamepad controls. This is why I find dismissing desires for decent mouse and keyboard controls by telling people to buy a controller to be irritating.

Looks like they removed the purchase restriction from Ireland

Rtju0hL.png

Must have forgot to put the title up on the store. Buy from Amazon, GMG, Gamefly, etc and you will be able to redeem the code.

Still not allowed on Steam and it's not showing up on either gamefly OR GMG from here

It's like the game doesn't even exist for Irish people at the moment

24 hours to go! Here's a gift.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The raffle has ended, thanks to all that entered.

Top Bottom