• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Miker

Oh, and my obligatory Rising thread image post:

risingvwqnf.jpg

Well, shit. I guess I'll be playing this with my 360 controller instead of my DualShock 4 (due to the stick rubber peeling issues).

Sdoots

The Fox blade is extremely strong, you'll be able to kill most enemies in a few hits and instantly kill them in blade mode. It was a pre-order bonus weapon.

Can you not unequip it or something? Seems like it'd be fun to use when you just want to rip shit up. I can absolutely understand the logic behind not wanting to have it be your weapon of choice, though.

Edit: Sorry, I work helpdesk, got a call while I was writing this and the thread moved about two pages. Didn't see the responses before now.

Dawg

Playing on the Revengeance difficult is the best experience. Them perfect parry's, beating Samuel in under a minute etc

It's perfect.

TGMIII

Can you not unequip it or something? Seems like it'd be fun to use when you just want to rip shit up. I can absolutely understand the logic behind not wanting to have it be your weapon of choice, though.

You can equip/unequip it at the start of missions or during a mission but it will restart you at your last checkpoint if I remember correctly. Honestly I would just avoid using it for at least your first playthrough. It literally just slices through everything in the game leaving no sort of challenge.

BadWolf

One of the best parts of this game is how all of your enemies are machines or nearly entirely machines. This allows you to hack and slash without feeling squeamish! I'm not very fond of sadistic games (unless they're really cheesy and over-the-top, like Bulletstorm), but this game avoids all of that by making cyborgs/robots the enemy. I think the game even indicates that the "blood" you're seeing is oil!

This is a big one for me.

Vanquish is also one of the few TPS I can enjoy the "killing" in for this reason.

I'm not poop but I'm not great either. I played through both Souls games, but I cursed a lot. A LOT. But I liked the challenge as well. Other than that, I was never into DmC or Ninja Gaiden, although I played most of them. But never got too much into combos and stuff, also don't like fighting games either...meh.

Maybe we can make a ban bet so I have some sort of motivation to stick with hard? XD

I played on normal to enjoy the story etc. on my first run. Then went through the other difficulties after that.

Tobe

pre load is almost done, as someone who beat bayo at 99%, (didnt get plats on super hard mode cuz that shit is insane) what difficulty should i play?

Will you absolutely HAVE to use a controller for this? Or does anyone think keyboard/mouse is feasible?
Gotta wait till the game is out, but considering Blade Mode playing this with a mouse can either be the best thing ever or be Dark Souls unplayable.

I'm betting on the latter and got myself a 360 controller.

Trojan X

Banned
Have only heard that the outcry has been passed onto the developers at Platinum.

Understood. Thanks for the info. I really do that Platinum will go to town in the graphics department, it would be fantastic to really trigger the bells and whistles on top of the already beautiful game. That would really show those consoles and make PC owners feel proud. Heck I can already seen many stores at Akihabara showcasing the game near everyday if Platinum do this right on this build or with a patch. We'll see.

Grief.exe

pre load is almost done, as someone who beat bayo at 99%, (didnt get plats on super hard mode cuz that shit is insane) what difficulty should i play?

Sounds like you are going to want to unlock one of the harder difficulties through the ini file or something.

People are saying Hard is a good place to start for new players.

Understood. Thanks for the info. I really do that Platinum will go to town in the graphics department, it would be fantastic to really trigger the bells and whistles on top of the already beautiful game. That would really show those consoles and make PC owners feel proud. Heck I can already seen many stores at Akihabara showcasing the game near everyday if Platinum do this right on this build or with a patch. We'll see.

I would love to downsample this game from a higher resolution and really make it shine.

KHlover

Banned
Gotta wait till the game is out, but considering Blade Mode playing this with a mouse can either be the best thing ever or be Dark Souls unplayable.

I'm betting on the latter and got myself a 360 controller.

Someone needs to hack Wiimotion+, PSMove or Kinect support in for this o_O

I don't remember if anything higher than Hard is available from the get-go, so start with Hard if it's the hardest available. I'm not quite as good as you at these games and I started on Hard, didn't really have too much trouble until the end.

BadWolf

The issue in this game would be that you use both sticks to aim your cut in Blade Mode so a controller would be better.

Will you absolutely HAVE to use a controller for this? Or does anyone think keyboard/mouse is feasible?

Will be messy. The games is designed to be played with controller. The blade mode is made for two analog sticks. And don't forget it's an action game. You don't play Devil May Cry 4 with M+K too, do you?

Every PC gamer should own a controller.

Durante

It's a cheat weapon designed to make the game ludicrously easy, and also for the fun of living out your Gray Fox hallway massacre fantasies where people explode into fountains of blood with the slightest hit. It costs a small fortune to upgrade, from memory, so it's not like having this ability will be easy. But it does fundamentally break the combat system in favour of cheap, if enjoyable, super easy insta kills.

People playing for the first time would be better off leaving the fox blade unlock until later, post game, and spending their credits on playing the game properly instead.
I see.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sounds like you are going to want to unlock one of the harder difficulties through the ini file or something.

People are saying Hard is a good place to start for new players.

Konami code at the press start screen unlocks all difficulties. If you do this though buy Offensive Defense and some other moves immediately or the game will be really hard.

Valnen

Also, I'm hoping there will either be an option in game or player mod for PS button prompts. One of my biggest pet peeves with PC gaming right now is that almost everything is stuck with Xbox button prompts on controller mode.

zainetor

Banned
One of the best parts of this game is how all of your enemies are machines or nearly entirely machines. This allows you to hack and slash without feeling squeamish! I'm not very fond of sadistic games (unless they're really cheesy and over-the-top, like Bulletstorm), but this game avoids all of that by making cyborgs/robots the enemy. I think the game even indicates that the "blood" you're seeing is oil!

not really, since they say plain straight at the beginning that cyborgs are: ''still real thinking people'' and have red blood.

Ugs on the other hand, are not human. They even give you a non kill bonus if you dont kill cyborgs.

Grief.exe

Do you not unlock achievements or set scores with the Gray Fox blade equipped?

I want to rock that armor though, does that screw up the balance? Or just aesthetic change?

Will be messy. The games is designed to be played with controller. The blade mode is made for two analog sticks. And don't forget it's an action game. You don't play Devil May Cry 4 with M+K too, do you?

Every PC gamer should own a controller.

Oh, I do, and you are right about DMC4. It'd just be nice to mouseblade it up.

BadWolf

not really, since they say plain straight at the beginning that cyborgs are: ''still real thinking people'' and have red blood.

Ugs on the other hand, are not human. They even give you a non kill bonus if you dont kill cyborgs.

Yeah but they also show you a cutscene in the beginning with Sundowner taking down two Cyborgs and the Cyborg's brain going to to some kind of safety mode iirc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I want to rock that armor though, does that screw up the balance? Or just aesthetic change?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can get achievements with the fox blade. It does fudge with score because you can't really combo.

Gray Fox outfit and fox blade are separate. You can equip the outfit and use any other weapon.

Fox blade doesn't lock you out from unlocking anything, but it does make it harder to get better ranks as your combo score tanks with your ability to single swipe everything.

The body is aesthetic though so that's gravy.

Fantastic OT!

Thanks to everyone for supporting this game, it's taken a while for us to get here, but we hope it will be worth the wait.

Top Bottom