• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So, on which actual day will I be able to purchase this game? June 12th is being thrown around as the official day, but will stores be offering it earlier by any chance?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dark10x said:
So, on which actual day will I be able to purchase this game? June 12th is being thrown around as the official day, but will stores be offering it earlier by any chance?
Only if you're lucky.

Laurent

dark10x said:
"Jack, do you know what day it is Tomorrow?"

^
Ban plz.
angry.gif

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
dabookerman said:
That's it. I can't hold it in any longer.

MEGA SPOILERS BELOW GUYS

*snip*
Not sure if you answered this but can you play your own music on the in-game iPod?

DunpealD

dabookerman said:
Ok, sorry I just couldn't resist. Get the game already guys >:x

There's nothing we can do. 3 days to go... :(
Btw. wasn't it somewhere in this thread quoted that Ryan Payton has something special planned? Something that can't be spoiled until the actual release.

DunpealD said:
There's nothing we can do. 3 days to go... :(
Btw. wasn't it somewhere in this thread quoted that Ryan Payton has something special planned? Something that can't be spoiled until the actual release.

I hope so, I kinda regret not playing it with everyone else lol. I don't have much time to play it now anyway so.. I prosponed plans from last week to play it then..

sykoex said:
Not sure if you answered this but can you play your own music on the in-game iPod?

Doesn't look like it

You know, if it helps..

The game is quite average, nothing much to get excited about. It's merely adequate. a 5/10 at best.

tha_con

Banned
dabookerman - You should compile a list of all the fake spoilers on the intrawebs (well, yenno, some you've seen) so we can read them later, I assume after the shit hits the fan they'll be pretty hard to find, lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dabooker, I have a few pressing questions....

-How many times did you cry?
-What was your longest playing session?
-Did you wear your MGS underwear during the process?
-Who
is you daddy and what does he do?

LiquidMetal14 said:
Dabooker, I have a few pressing questions....

-How many times did you cry?
-What was your longest playing session?
-Did you wear your MGS underwear during the process?
-Who
is you daddy and what does he do?

-Twice I really choked up.. like <:( , Although most of the time I was pretty much still stunned from actually playing it and all the shocking moments etc, so like this 8O
-10-11 hours
-I wore nothing
-He's this guy, you know.

tha_con said:
dabookerman - You should compile a list of all the fake spoilers on the intrawebs (well, yenno, some you've seen) so we can read them later, I assume after the shit hits the fan they'll be pretty hard to find, lol.
I've seen a lot of fakes and real ones. Its all mixed up so. Just try to forget about them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dabookerman said:
-Twice I really choked up.. like <:( , Although most of the time I was pretty much still stunned from actually playing it and all the shocking moments etc, so like this 8O
-10-11 hours
-I wore nothing
-He's this guy, you know.
GOTY :O

Mromson

This MGS4 waiting is driving me mad. :( Especially since some people are already playing it...

Btw, if anyone was wondering, the GT Metal Gear Retrospective Part 5 will go up on Tuesday while Part 6 will go up on Wednesday. The GT Review of MGS4 is on Thursday. :D

Mromson said:
This MGS4 waiting is driving me mad. :( Especially since some people are already playing it...

Btw, if anyone was wondering, the GT Metal Gear Retrospective Part 5 will go up on Tuesday while Part 6 will go up on Wednesday. The GT Review of MGS4 is on Thursday. :D

The countdown shows it tomorow.

I better get my LE bundle on the 12th. I paid for overnight shipping and all that shit.

If I don't get it, I'm going to destroy the Earth. I shit you not, I will do this -- somehow.

Don

dabookerman said:
Off topic, but i'm listening to the Metal Gear RAXA battle music.. Sounds like something from The Matrix.
Quick question about the iPod, not sure if its a spoiler to some people.
I know that its supposed to let you listen to the soundtracks from past Metal Gears but does it have the main theme from the past games like the MGS2 theme or did they leave it out
?

Cronen

Play.com still haven't posted mine yet. Anyone else?
I've had it pre-ordered on their site since April 2007...I get some sort of priority...right? :(

Don said:
Quick question about the iPod, not sure if its a spoiler to some people.
I know that its supposed to let you listen to the soundtracks from past Metal Gears but does it have the main theme from the past games like the MGS2 theme or did they leave it out
?

Ok to answer the question regarding the Main Theme
The Main Theme is completely absent, nothing in the ipod, no hints to it at all. The russians got them good :(, I guess this is the ONLY dissapointing thing I could think of regarding the game. But, in hindsight, I find myself humming the new theme a hell of a lot more often now, I still miss it :(

Don

Cronen said:
Play.com still haven't posted mine yet. Anyone else?
I've had it pre-ordered on their site since April 2007...I get some sort of priority...right? :(
Mine hasn’t been posted yet either. I’m starting to get worried that it may not arrive by Thursday.

Edit: I just checked again and my order changed from "order placed" to "processing" :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
U K Narayan said:
What is this? I'm not clicking on those unless some s'plainin happens.

I saw the episode already, they don't spoil the game just watch it. This episode was on the panels favorite MGS moments it's safe.

Don

dabookerman said:
Ok to answer the question regarding the Main Theme
The Main Theme is completely absent, nothing in the ipod, no hints to it at all. The russians got them good :(, I guess this is the ONLY dissapointing thing I could think of regarding the game. But, in hindsight, I find myself humming the new theme a hell of a lot more often now, I still miss it :(

Thanks for answering.
Sucks that they couldn't use it for Kojima's final MGS. I remember being annoyed that they cut it from Portable Ops as well since the PO version of it sounded pretty good.

Laurent

Don said:
Thanks for answering.
Sucks that they couldn't use it for Kojima's final MGS. I remember being annoyed that they cut it from Portable Ops as well since the PO version of it sounded pretty good.
Seriously, talking about the MGS theme being absent is a spoiler? Really? Really? (à la Bettenhausen)
(Music related spoiler that you won't really care about)

hirokazu

Don said:
Thanks for answering.
Tell me about the theme and Portable Ops? I'm trying to play it a bit every night, but the controls suck, the camera sucks, and it pisses me off to the point that I don't really want to play it at all.

EDIT: Also, just under TWO DAYS now, motherfuckers! (Though I probably won't see mine LE until Friday at the earliest.)

Don

Laurent said:
Seriously, talking about the MGS theme being absent is a spoiler? Really? Really? (à la Bettenhausen)
I don't really consider it a spoiler but some people complained about it before, calling it a spoiler as they didn't want to know if it is in or not until they played the game.

Don

hirokazu said:
Tell me about the theme and Portable Ops? I'm trying to play it a bit every night, but the controls suck, the camera sucks, and it pisses me off to the point that I don't really want to play it at all.

EDIT: Also, just under TWO DAYS now, motherfuckers! (Though I probably won't see mine LE until Friday at the earliest.)

One of the trailers for Portable Ops had a version of the main MGS theme playing (I think it was the second trailer), but then in the next trailer they had the same track playing but the part where the main theme played was cut out and it was also cut out in the final game when it plays during the credits.

You can here the theme hear at around 1:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6PtpNWObw

Then this trailer has the same track playing and it should play the theme at around 1:48 but it has been cut out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJnjhu4QQ8

Also yea the camera and controls are kind of awkward in Portable Ops but I still enjoyed it. I think it would have been better if they used the camera system from MGS1 or MGS2 instead of trying to use the Subsistence camera since the PSP only having one analogue stick makes it too awkward.

Mromson

dabookerman said:
To be honest, I think it's better if we just say it to avoid dissapointment.
tbh, I was looking forward to the new MGS4 theme more than the game itself.
My disappointment is beyond imagination atm :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom