• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirokazu

Don said:
One of the trailers for Portable Ops had a version of the main MGS theme playing (I think it was the second trailer), but then in the next trailer they had the same track playing but the part where the main theme played was cut out and it was also cut out in the final game when it plays during the credits.

You can here the theme hear at around 1:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6PtpNWObw

Then this trailer has the same track playing and it should play the theme at around 1:48 but it has been cut out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJnjhu4QQ8

Also yea the camera and controls are kind of awkward in Portable Ops but I still enjoyed it. I think it would have been better if they used the camera system from MGS1 or MGS2 instead of trying to use the Subsistence camera since the PSP only having one analogue stick makes it too awkward.
Wow, I totally didn't know they went back and changed a track because of that fiasco. The second trailer makes the game look way awesome though. Is there a cutscene viewer for Portable Ops once you finish the game? Maybe I should just download a save file and then watch all the cutscenes if there is :lol

Mromson said:
tbh, I was looking forward to the new MGS4 theme more than the game itself.
My disappointment is beyond imagination atm :(
While I do miss the old theme, there is a new rendition of the "theme" and it is also pretty awesome. I can't wait to hear the music in the game. The OST is good and all, but I really have to hear how it's used in the game to get a true feel for it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Considering that in-game XMB is coming, that should let you play any music you want during any game. So it will be possible to play HGW's rendition of theme during gameplay that way, regardless if it's actually in the game or not.

hirokazu

Marconelly said:
Considering that in-game XMB is coming, that should let you play any music you want during any game. So it will be possible to play HGW's rendition of theme during gameplay, regardless if it's in the game or not.
I don't know, in-game XMB does not equal custom soundtracks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hirokazu said:
I don't know, in-game XMB does not equal custom soundtracks.
I'm pretty sure in this case it will mean it. The only question is whether the game will have manual control for the music volume, so that you can turn it down, and still have music playing with sound effects.

hirokazu

Marconelly said:
I'm pretty sure in this case it will mean it. The only question is whether the game will have manual control for the music volume, so that you can turn it down, and still have music playing with sound effects.
I would assume it would still be implemented on a per-game basis. We shall see though.

EDIT:
This is too crazy awesome to not post:

MGS4clock.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! SO CLOSE! MY GOD! And I'll be going to sleep soon, by the time I wake up, 8 more hours would've passed!

Gen-X

Banned
hirokazu said:
I would assume it would still be implemented on a per-game basis. We shall see though.

EDIT:

MGS4clock.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! SO CLOSE! MY GOD! And I'll be going to sleep soon, by the time I wake up, 8 more hours would've passed!
Mac ftw!

Don

hirokazu said:
Wow, I totally didn't know they went back and changed a track because of that fiasco. The second trailer makes the game look way awesome though. Is there a cutscene viewer for Portable Ops once you finish the game? Maybe I should just download a save file and then watch all the cutscenes if there is :lol

There is no cutscene viewer in the game but there is probably someone on youtube who has uploaded the cutscenes.

FabCam

Don said:
There is no cutscene viewer in the game but there is probably someone on youtube who has uploaded the cutscenes.

It's kind of annoying that there isn't a cut scene viewer. At least you can pause them now.

hirokazu said:

EDIT:

MGS4clock.png

Do want.

Gaf I hate you...Smug 'I got my copy early' gloating should be a bannable offence.

...actually I need till thursday to get GTAIV finished anyway. The main story arc at least.

Don said:
Like me.

Anyhoo, there is an Extras on the Title Menu, and it looks like you can download stuff. So here's hoping stuff like Theatre mode, Boss mode etc are DLC.

Imm0rt4l

dabookerman said:
Ok to answer the question regarding the Main Theme
The Main Theme is completely absent, nothing in the ipod, no hints to it at all. The russians got them good :(, I guess this is the ONLY dissapointing thing I could think of regarding the game. But, in hindsight, I find myself humming the new theme a hell of a lot more often now, I still miss it :(

as long as the escape theme from MGS is there, that's all I care for.

anyone know if you can use your ipod in mgo?

hirokazu

dabookerman said:
Like me.

Anyhoo, there is an Extras on the Title Menu, and it looks like you can download stuff. So here's hoping stuff like Theatre mode, Boss mode etc are DLC.
Hopefully FREE DLC.

Could something downloadable for the Extras menu option be what Ryan was hinting at? I hope so!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuuuuuuuuck, WHY ARE EVERYONE GETTING THE GAME AND NOT ME?!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I wonder what it's gonna feel like the day after MGS4 has been released. It's probably gonna be such a come down like the day after Christmas.

Big-E

Speaking of the Ipod, can anyone tell me if "The Best is Yet to Come" is in the game? Having this alone will soften the blow of not having the traditional MGS theme.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Big-E said:
Speaking of the Ipod, can anyone tell me if "The Best is Yet to Come" is in the game? Having this alone will soften the blow of not having the traditional MGS theme.
Spoiler tag the answer.

bloody pirate said:
I think you nailed it on the Head.. its the only logical thing

yeah I think DLC on June 12th is pretty likely, but on the PS Blog, someone from Sony hinted at an MGS4 theme on the store next week too.

The game is out here in Saudi Arabia! I so happy, my clothes suddenly Octocamo'd!
Looks like Sony ME has broken the release date everywhere in the region, they're already distributing to all the shops here.:lol

hirokazu

Seiken said:
Spoiler tag the answer.
Yes. I'd rather I find out about what music from the older games can be collected later.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
yeah I think DLC on June 12th is pretty likely, but on the PS Blog, someone from Sony hinted at an MGS4 theme on the store next week too.
Who needs an official theme when we have modus :p

Ninja Kn1ght said:

Ryan said he was working on a surprise that not even people who get the game early can spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom