• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirokazu

PowerSmell said:
The game is out here in Saudi Arabia! I so happy, my clothes suddenly Octocamo'd!
Looks like Sony ME has broken the release date everywhere in the region, they're already distributing to all the shops here.:lol
It's already been distributed to all the shops in every other part of the world too. Sounds more like all the shops in the Middle East are breaking the street date.

BlockBastard said:
8 minute install! He doesn't have to make a sandwich.

Only 8 minutes? Sounds good! I'll go get the game at midnight, come home and install it, go to bed then wake up in the morning and play all day:D

hirokazu

Marconelly said:
What Widget is that?
It's called Countdown. Search for it in the Widgets section at Apple.com. It's actually a little buggy and could be better, but once you set it up, it gets the job done. There's also an unofficial MGS4 countdown widget there, but it was really shit, so I just used a generic one instead.

FabCam

SolidSnakex said:
Ryan said he was working on a surprise that not even people who get the game early can spoil.

I assume it's to do with MGO seeing as the servers aren't up yet so the guys with the game can;t play that.

wow - its amazing to me ... Im more geeked about this game than any other game in my life. Ever.

I bet Ill mist up a bit during it.

On a side note, anyone ever got emotional over a game? I personally never have, but I can see a tear or two when we say our final goodbyes to Snake-

*kinda mists up now*

Kastro

Banned
NarcissisticJay said:
wow - its amazing to me ... Im more geeked about this game than any other game in my life. Ever.

MGS is like the only reason I even care about videogames today.. so I feel you.

SolidSnakex said:
Ryan said he was working on a surprise that not even people who get the game early can spoil.
Isn't it really obvious that it's going to be an in-game podcast that won't be available until launch day?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
FabCam said:
I assume it's to do with MGO seeing as the servers aren't up yet so the guys with the game can;t play that.
But then how did we get those screens of
that character, you know who
in MGO?

NarcissisticJay said:

I bet Ill mist up a bit during it.

On a side note, anyone ever got emotional over a game? I personally never have, but I can see a tear or two when we say or final goodbyes to Snake-

*kinda mists up now*

Dude, I cried when they announced the release date. Tells you something about myself.

sykoex said:
I wonder what it's gonna feel like the day after MGS4 has been released. It's probably gonna be such a come down like the day after Christmas.

Once you get the game, and play it, you will realise it was pointless to get excited about it in the first place, as there is nothing to be excited about as it is a below par game and possibly the worst game ever D:
I have already burnt my copy in disgust.

SolidSnakex said:

This is true, I can't access MGO (says it starts 12th at 10:00 (GMT Maybe)). Extras, you can enter it, but then server error or something appears, and there is a password input. I want to know the password :(

Big-E said:
Speaking of the Ipod, can anyone tell me if "The Best is Yet to Come" is in the game? Having this alone will soften the blow of not having the traditional MGS theme.

NO ONE ANSWER THIS >:3

You will find out, and you will be grateful that no one answered it.

hirokazu

Ninja Kn1ght said:
yeah I think DLC on June 12th is pretty likely, but on the PS Blog, someone from Sony hinted at an MGS4 theme on the store next week too.
And speaking of Sony, anyone who has Mainichi Issho, they will have MGS4 specials from June 12-14, and they mention to look forward to special items (for Mainichi Issho, that is) that will be given for viewing the "news".

Knight77

Can anybody tell me the name or just to not be spolierish the track number of the music at the end of the "Courage is Solid" trailer? Thanks!

P.S. The waiting is killing me!!!

OatmealMu

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for responding! We are now reauthorizing your order. We will
send an email to you when your order ships or if we require any more
information. Thank you for your patience!

Best Regards,
Jennifer
Customer Service Agent

Hopefully this thing is finally resolved now. Called the credit union today and had them unblock the order. Still can't believe they block all transactions that come out of Texas.

Also received my DS3. Didn't want to buy one but I've been meaning to replay through MGS2 and 3 and wanted rumble. Oh, and there are ants in my mailbox (?!).

hirokazu

Sage00 said:
Oh wait, it wasn't screens.

But then still, how did they know?
Well there's a YouTube video of MGO on a stage called Urban Ultimatum, isn't there? That was never in the beta, so the publication who announced the character may have been able to get a peek at MGO content that we haven't seen as well.

Its only three days. Today theres Euro, we have tomorrow, and the midnight launch is Wednesday. Its one day, really. It'll go by like that.

Laurent said:
I was curious to see the first trailer of the original Metal Gear Solid after hearing Shane on Retronauts stating that it was all CG... And he was right!

Original Metal Gear Solid Trailer (1996): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L027JIErTqw

I find the theme to be even CLOSER to its russian music inspiration...

That was a cool video. I still find it weird that they decided to not use the main theme in MGS1 (besides it being hidden in a credits screen).

Laurent

MiamiWesker said:
That was a cool video. I still find it weird that they decided to not use the main theme in MGS1 (besides it being hidden in a credits screen).
So much stuff that blows off! I don't get it, the first MGS2 trailer also shown Snake running away from that long corridor you need to go through before Ocelot decides to kill his teamates, with explosions everywhere!!

Laurent

konrad77 said:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/08/spoiler-metal-gear-solid-4-insert-disc-2/
Old?
Ahahahah! Snake's response is excellent! Never saw it before, I don't think it's such a MASSIVE spoiler though...

hirokazu

konrad77 said:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/08/spoiler-metal-gear-solid-4-insert-disc-2/
Old?
Yes, but I never got to see it before the original YouTube went down, thanks. Though to me, it seems to take a jab at MGS and the PlayStation having to swap discs while promoting the awesome of Blu-ray. Though one another note, they could've done that with MGS2 as well.

EDIT: That was awesome :lol (Discussing the new codec screen)
The audio thing actually matches the audio now (though I always thought it was a signal strength indicator in the old games).

hirokazu said:
Yes, but I never got to see it before the original YouTube went down, thanks. Though to me, it seems to take a jab at MGS and the PlayStation having to swap discs while promoting the awesome of Blu-ray. Though one another note, they could've done that with MGS2 as well.

EDIT: That was awesome :lol (Discussing the new codec screen)
The audio thing actually matches the audio now (though I always thought it was a signal strength indicator in the old games).

I think its clearly a jab at the 360, the way they mention the PS3 and the power of blu-ray is very much taking sides. I love that, very funny stuff.

So MGS4 players, is MGS4 any where near as funny as MGS3 was?

Seiken said:
Definitely the most well places "MGS-theme" in MG-saga. SPOILERS, MGS2!!! SPOILERS, MGS2!!! SPOILERS, MGS2!!!

Jump to 3:20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iroFnnBvezg&feature=related

EDIT: Also, the scene at 2:30-2:45 is fucking INCREDIBLE.

Damn that was a great post I forgot how much I loved that.

I dont recall Raiden sounding so much like fricken Mathew Brodrick though..I hope the same dude(Quinton Flynn) isn't doing his voice in MGS4.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
BruceLeeRoy said:

I dont recall Raiden sounding so much like fricken Mathew Brodrick though..I hope the same dude(Quinton Flynn) isn't doing his voice in MGS4.
I'm pretty sure he is. He's a good friend of David Hayter.

I don't mind his voice.

Volcynika

BruceLeeRoy said:

I think he is doing the voice (think they mentioned it in the Bonus Round thing posted earlier), but I'm not sure.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yeah! Imagine how much more awesome it would be if you were actually playing the game and that codec convo caught you totally by surprise! ah well...

Trakdown

Sage00 said:
I'm pretty sure he is. He's a good friend of David Hayter.

I don't mind his voice.

He was one of the VA's on the Kojima Productions report (it was also where he first demo'd Raiden's new voice). So yeah, it's him.

hirokazu

MiamiWesker said:
I think its clearly a jab at the 360, the way they mention the PS3 and the power of blu-ray is very much taking sides. I love that, very funny stuff.

So MGS4 players, is MGS4 any where near as funny as MGS3 was?
Yeah, I guess it may be a bit of both. The way he says it kinda gives me the "Wow, back in the old days..." feeling. Though again, if they wanted to just take a jab at the original PlayStation, it would've been more fitting do have done so in MGS2. Or maybe they're all-encompassing and also referring to Twin Snakes. :p

Whatever it is, I'm sure someone will be asking Kojima about this particular codec in a future interview :)

Knight77

Knight77 said:
Can anybody tell me the name or just to not be spolierish the track number of the music at the end of the "Courage is Solid" trailer? Thanks!

P.S. The waiting is killing me!!!

Bumped for hope...sorry

I like returning voice actors, if just for continuity purposes. Honestly one of my biggest complaints is that they dropped the British accent for Naomi, though it isn't a very big deal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BlockBastard said:
I'm not sure, but Solid Snake mentioned in an IGN podcast that he had Otacon over for dinner with his family.
Fuuuuuuuck :D

hirokazu

BlockBastard said:
I'm not sure, but Solid Snake mentioned in an IGN podcast that he had Otacon over for dinner with his family.
Imagine if the three where at dinner together and they start a conversation in their Metal Gear voices D:

Elite super soldier Solid Snake is going to attempt a slightly-less-than usual covert infiltration mission under the cover of darkness this Wednesday in the UK, on the eve of Metal Gear Solid 4's worldwide release.

High street giant Zavvi will be opening its doors at midnight, but only at the flagship Oxford Street store in Central London. The first 25 Metal Gear fans can snag a copy of the game that has been signed by creator Hideo Kojima (ahead of the event, naturally) and all who attend will also receive a swag bag and "have the chance to enter a competition to win a 'money-can't-buy' Metal Gear Solid 4 prize," according to the retailer.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26426062&sid=6192276

hirokazu said:
Imagine if the three where at dinner together and they start a conversation in their Metal Gear voices D:

*Snake looks at pizza*

Snake: What the HELL is THAT!?

Otacon: Snake! That's a slice of pizza! It's Italian, but plenty of Americans favor it over even American-originated food! You should give it a try!

Snake: Well... I guess I could try it...

Otacon: That's the spirit, Snake! I used to eat pizza while watching my Japanese Anime!

Just got the new Newsweek this morning and there's an article in it about MGS4 and how it and it's themes are making videogames about more than just fun, and they're sending messages. Pretty cool.

brandonh83 said:
*Snake looks at pizza*

Snake: What the HELL is THAT!?

Otacon: Snake! That's a slice of pizza!

Snake: A pizza?!

Otacon: It's Italian, but plenty of Americans favor it over even American-originated food! You should give it a try!

Snake: Well... I guess I could try it...

Otacon: That's the spirit, Snake! I used to eat pizza while watching my Japanese Anime!

Fixed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom