• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acid08 said:
Each time it installs it erases the previous install in that same part if you're playing a chapter over again. So it's 4.6GB's all the time.

So in reality if the game did not do this method the true instal would be much higher than that, yikes.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bigben85 said:
would have been awesome if there was an option to have each install saved on the HD permanently.
That seems like something that could be patched in at some point in the future.

BelligerentOC said:
You sir, have the greatest avatar ever...

But yeah, why would anyone pay $300 to play a couple days early? those guys must be dumb for thinking theyd get that

I know. But I think that the two kids probably wanted whatever they could get for it. I left the store and I don't know what happened in terms of the transaction.

Huh, apparently I'm going to be going to the midnight launch.

I'm just really worried about spoiler bombers.

I'll need to bring my iPod and keep my finger on the play button, and my wits at attention.

canoli2006 said:
I know. But I think that the two kids probably wanted whatever they could get for it. I left the store and I don't know what happened in terms of the transaction.

lol, they seriously tried to get someone to pay $300? They lost their damn greedy minds.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
fistfulofmetal said:
Huh, apparently I'm going to be going to the midnight launch.

I'm just really worried about spoiler bombers.

I'll need to bring my iPod and keep my finger on the play button, and my wits at attention.

You better! Also I suggest to take a blind fold or something as well!

Ah damnit, this spoiler bombing stuff is driving me crazy....i went to youtube and watched a video totally unrelated to games and the first post underneath the video was something that i really wanted to wait for

Oh NOES.... I may have accidently read 5 or 10 words relating to 1 spoiler on youtube....

I have no idea if its true or not, but its driving me crazy..... The spoiler was relating to the end of the game, and I stoped reading before it had any context.....

I want to know if it is fake or real, but I keep telling myself that by not verifying its reality or falsehood, It will help keep me insuspence as if I'd never read it... ( the potential spoiler contradicts other things we know from public info.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, it's so close.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
for the original members of MGO neogaf clan, is there a new signup period for clans or do we just keep our affiliation?

Wow, I just saw the first 3 seconds of the game's intro and I thought it was awesome even if I didn't know what was going on. I was not expecting anything like that. I'm amazed.

eso76

liquidspeed said:
I want to know if it is fake or real, but I keep telling myself that by not verifying its reality or falsehood, It will help keep me insuspence as if I'd never read it... ( the potential spoiler contradicts other things we know from public info.)

if it's the one about
otacon
it's fake.
or so i'm told.
maybe not.
who knows ?

tha_con said:
If you've got a decent printer, I'm working on a cover right now. It's pretty much the SE without the text / logos.

can you do one of the LE? pretty please. (or someone bug m0dus)

what type of paper should i buy for this

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be a fair bit happier right now if I were playing MGS4.

This is just unbelievable. There a huge transport strike in Spain and probably MGS4 won't be in many stores by thursday. I don't care if I die of starvation but BRING ME MGS4 FAT DRIVERS OF HELL!!! asfsahasasdf!!!!

hirokazu

GalacticAE said:
Damn...just a warning: I just realized the spoiler script disables any spoiler tags in the thread.

:'(
GalacticAE said:
It does for me for some reason. No one else? I'm using Firefox 3.0

I see the black bar for a second, then it disappears.
Hmm, I'm on Firefox 2, and the script ignores all page formatting, only the text that will be visible on the page is altered. Firefox 3 must be returning the entire page code instead. If this is an issue, use the alternative script which does not alter the word spoiler:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unsexy.user.js

Hope that helps.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
BlockBastard said:
raiden0.jpg
Its preyyu impressive how Kojima has made raiden go from one of the most hated characters in the series to a really likeable one. You cant properly judge him until you play the game, but from what we've seen of him so far it looks like he'll be a lot more popular this time round.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
bloody pirate said:
where is your review.. im not trying to dig in your history

Ah, it's in Play Magazine. The issue should be on stands within a few days. We don't give scores any more, but MGS4 would have been a ten. A ten...with a bullet.

Manberg900 said:
Dude shut up I wanted people to be pleasantly surprise :)

Oops...I apologize! But then again, I couldn't let people spread spurious rumors about a two-act game.

Also, a general note to everyone: DO. NOT. SPOIL. YOURSELF. Every single aspect of the game will be more pleasing if you go in knowing as little as possible. Shit goes down that not even the most fevered MGS fanboys could have predicted. With only three days left, stay away from all other forums save GAF, and avoid YouTube entirely!

Aokage said:
Also, a general note to everyone: DO. NOT. SPOIL. YOURSELF. Every single aspect of the game will be more pleasing if you go in knowing as little as possible. Shit goes down that not even the most fevered MGS fanboys could have predicted. With only three days left, stay away from all other forums save GAF, and avoid YouTube entirely!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YESSSSSSS!

The wait is freakin' excruciating. Just a few more days, just a few more days. The game shall be mine.

It shall be mine

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I just paid off my 2 copies of MGS4 LE :D
AND

I will have to purchase a regular version to get signed by the Hollywood Crew @ Best Buy.

Dante

Aokage said:
Ah, it's in Play Magazine. The issue should be on stands within a few days. We don't give scores any more, but MGS4 would have been a ten. A ten...with a bullet.

Oops...I apologize! But then again, I couldn't let people spread spurious rumors about a two-act game.

Good stuff.....Is this the first scoreless PLAY? I'll have to check it out!

I'm sitting here at work (it's 3 am here) and I have the next 5 days off. I'm really going to take the time to enjoy myself in the next 3 days. I'm going to go swimming, cycling, fly a kite, maybe play some frisbee golf, really go out and enjoy myself you know? Because on Wednesday night, I'm going to Outer Haven!

Autofokus

I´m on a media blackout on this since over a month, so I know nearly nothing. But as I see, a bunch of guys already playing the game.

Just one thing I need to know: Does the euro-version have multiple language subtitles (I really want everything in english)? If not, I need to buy the regular uk-version as well.

I wonder if we get to dress up in an enemy uniform at any point in this game. Those are some of my favorite Metal Gear moments. I'd love to march alongside a PMC unit with Gekkos. Or ride on one, then plant a C4 on it when we reach our destination. So sneaky.

BeeDog

revolverjgw said:
I wonder if we get to dress up in an enemy uniform at any point in this game. Those are some of my favorite Metal Gear moments.

Isn't that essentially what you do right at the beginning?

BeeDog said:
Isn't that essentially what you do right at the beginning?

I guess, I haven't watched any gameplay videos but I thought those basic grunt guys weren't really enemies. It always shows Snake fucking up the high-tech dudes. I want to be one of them, reasons edited in above.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Man, why do they have to release it during the Euro 2008? Couldn't they have released it a week ago or something :(

revolverjgw said:
I wonder if we get to dress up in an enemy uniform at any point in this game. Those are some of my favorite Metal Gear moments. I'd love to march alongside a PMC unit with Gekkos. Or ride on one, then plant a C4 on it when we reach our destination. So sneaky.
Reading this made me remember that we can choose to support certain groups. At least, that's what I remember from reading a preview awhile ago.

I wonder if that's still in the game. That would be really cool, you know?

U K Narayan said:
Reading this made me remember that we can choose to support certain groups. At least, that's what I remember from reading a preview awhile ago.

I wonder if that's still in the game. That would be really cool, you know?

You can always support the rebels, but they took out the part where you could've supported the PMC"s if you wanted to.

BlockBastard said:
You can always support the rebels, but they took out the part where you could've supported the PMC"s if you wanted to.
I guess that makes sense, considering that they probably get infatuated with Liquid Ocelot's fancy hand signals and his sultry voice.

"ACTIVATE IT!"

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
BlockBastard said:
Really? Thats a shame. It would've been great if they gave you that much freedom, although I guess it wouldnt have worked because it would have been difficult to fit into the story. It wouldnt make much sense if Snake was working with the enemy.

psycho_snake said:
Really? Thats a shame. It would've been great if they gave you that much freedom, although I guess it wouldnt have worked because it would have been difficult to fit into the story.

Yeah, that's what Ryan said in one of the KP reports. It just wouldn't make any sense story-wise if Snake was helping out the people he was supposed to be against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom