• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattlikewhoa said:
So I can't just up and play online tomorrow morning? I don't follow (maybe it's the lack of sleep for me)
you have to go to konami's website and sign up for a konami id (why don't you have one already, did you not play the beta!?) and then you can log in and play.

hopefully their servers don't crash and burn this time...

The Faceless Master said:
you have to go to konami's website and sign up for a konami id (why don't you have one already, did you not play the beta!?) and then you can log in and play.

I hope my ps3 somehow remembers both my ID from the beta and the passwords, because I am totally lost.

sun-drop

can we confirm region locking on MGO yet?

does it lock on the game or the console?

cause i'm on a NZ ps3 ..looking at either the Asian SE or standard nz mgs3 ...

Kittonwy

Banned
h3ro said:
Guess what I has!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Wut haz u?
angry.gif

Zeke said:
So GS has not called at all they better have my LE copy and art book when I walk in tomorrow after work, or heads will roll and magazine racks will fall!

Same here. But I called my store and they said they got their copies in a few days ago. I still have my pre-order receipt in case they screwed up.

KeiichiInafune said:
Same here. But I called my store and they said they got their copies in a few days ago. I still have my pre-order receipt in case they screwed up.
I never did find mind :/ but I remembered that they had me in the system when I got my pre-order disc so i should be fine. 20 minutes until I leave, just enough time to watch all the trailers again.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^^ Thanks!!

I was just browsing around to find sloppy nude photos of the LE... and you appeared :D

BobTheFork said:
I hope my ps3 somehow remembers both my ID from the beta and the passwords, because I am totally lost.
it won't.

you have to enter it again.

also, folks, v1.01 is out for MGO, so you may want to update it before you play MGS4 :p

EekTheKat

Got it in this afternoon, and IMHO this is the best game I've played all year :lol I spent like an hour in the first area just trying various different things (and I was pleasantly surprised by how some of them worked out too). Once I worked in Snake's new moves the whole game just has this really nice flow to it.

The audio is really well done in this game, if you guys can, try and play it with 5.1 surround for the full effect.

Going on my own blackout for a bit. Have fun guys, this game was well worth the wait :D

Zeke

KeiichiInafune said:
i'm taking my receipt with me just in case they try and screw with me. Tomorrow shall be the day of forever! MGS + mini kegs + snacks = full of win

Volcynika

FUCK YEAH! I got it! Picked up Uncharted and NG Sigma with the gift card.

Anyone know any relatively cheap/good quality bluetooth headsets?

Well now that everyone pretty much has this game, I guess it's time to bail out. Hopefully I get the bundle and the LE tomorrow and then bunker down for a while to play Metal Gear Solid! See you all on the other side.

big%20boss%20salute.JPG

careksims

Shalashaska said:
Well now that everyone pretty much has this game, I guess it's time to bail out. Hopefully I get the bundle and the LE tomorrow and then bunker down for a while to play Metal Gear Solid! See you all on the other side.

big%20boss%20salute.JPG

I don't have it yet X___x and I can't play it til Thur night or Friday morning! Argh! See ya guys too! Have fun!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just got back from Hastings. There was me, my friend, and two other people there. Saddest launch party ever. :(

The guys were freaking out at the checkout that I managed to play only two Metal Gear games (MGS 2 and Acid 2) and only decided to buy the game twenty-two minutes ago (despite my awesome avatar, hah).

I shall give this a spin tomorrow. :D

consoul

Tenbatsu said:
Actually the queue is not that mind blowing, its like 60 ~100 all around, might be due to the rain.
I don't think it's the rain putting people off. I queued in the rain at that same Yodobashi (Shinjuku) for the PS3 launch with well over a thousand other people. I guess in this case people know they can get a copy without lining up.

The Faceless Master said:

Oh thanks. I didn't get to play the beta because I had some really big projects for school due and I didn't get to game (or do anything really) for a while. I just finished signing up and it was rather easy. I figured I'd do it now while the servers are still up and running.

sun-drop

TwIsTeD said:

fuuuuck!!!!

seriously ... confirmed here by users or are u just repeating the 'news' from before.

some one here with the game in europe/Asia actually tried playing some one in the states?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wanted to type a post about how mind meltingly amazing this game is.

but my brain melted

so instead

i present to you

my drool

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Faceless Master said:

...yeah but what if you don't exactly remeber your 2 different names, 2 different passwords, etc...
...It was flat out ridiculous and I really hoped they would have moved past that...that It was just a temporary system =/

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't register my name, email or any of that other information for whatever stupid reason

consoul said:
I don't think it's the rain putting people off. I queued in the rain at that same Yodobashi (Shinjuku) for the PS3 launch with well over a thousand other people. I guess in this case people know they can get a copy without lining up.

Well, at the end of the day it's still Japan and PS3, all but given up hope over there for PS3, but luckily it's a worldwide launch, you'll get plenty of love over in the West MGS4! ^_^

kevm3

I hit up Wal-Mart about 30 minutes ago and came away with the copy. No one else was there waiting for it. I got the first copy as soon as they put it on the shelf... Now I'm sitting at home waiting for the game to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom