• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
AgentOtaku said:
MGS4_PS3_LEs.jpg

Now listed as Buy now

Just nutty when you can buy the 80GB and even the LE for a couple of bucks less.

Prothero

Neo Member
AgentOtaku said:
...yeah but what if you don't exactly remeber your 2 different names, 2 different passwords, etc...
...It was flat out ridiculous and I really hoped they would have moved past that...that It was just a temporary system =/

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't register my name, email or any of that other information for whatever stupid reason

Do what I did: keep your usernames/passwords and other important registration info in a document on a burned CD/DVD or thumb drive. That way, if something happens to your computer, you don't have to worry about losing the data and it's right there for you to access any time you want.

Oni Jazar

dralla said:
anyone have pics of the art book?

Damnit I've tried for like 20 mins to get you a picture of the art book but my cellphone is being a piece of crap. I will keep trying! Anyone else want to take a pic for this guy!?

It's pretty thin on content but the pictures are excellent quality

Prothero said:
Do what I did: keep your usernames/passwords and other important registration info in a document on a burned CD/DVD or thumb drive. That way, if something happens to your computer, you don't have to worry about losing the data and it's right there for you to access any time you want.

actually I'm gonna head over to Konami right now and see if I still remeber my info....

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Quick question for bundle buyers....I just opened mine up, is there anyone else who _didn't_ appear to get a copy of MGS4 inside the box?

I've got all the PS3 cables...but no MGS4, unless it's already in the PS3....

I've got the LE on standby, but I'm seriously WTF'ing here.

Bishman

Metroidvania said:
Quick question for bundle buyers....I just opened mine up, is there anyone else who _didn't_ appear to get a copy of MGS4 inside the box?

It's the Patriots! They are testing you for their own experiments. Damn them! lol. Go back to where you bought it and they should give you MGS4.

I just got my 80GB MGS4 Bundle @ Walmart! Plus I got the $100 GC too! Hell yeah.

Metroidvania said:

Are we talking about the 80GB bundle? There was a video posted here of a guy who scored one early and made a video. It was in a factory fresh case on top of the system...It should be there...

Zeke

Metroidvania said:

dude thats pretty fucked up right there. Take that bad boy back to wal-mart asap and get a new bundle.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oni Jazar said:
Damnit I've tried for like 20 mins to get you a picture of the art book but my cellphone is being a piece of crap. I will keep trying! Anyone else want to take a pic for this guy!?

It's pretty thin on content but the pictures are excellent quality

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

Metroidvania

Mattlikewhoa said:
Are we talking about the 80GB bundle? There was a video posted here of a guy who scored one early and made a video. It was in a factory fresh case on top of the system...It should be there...

Yep, the 80 gig.

So, it should be right there, sitting on top of the secondary box which contains the system?

In that case, nope, not there.

dude thats pretty fucked up right there. Take that bad boy back to wal-mart asap and get a new bundle.

I'm gonna, damnit, I'm a little pissed.

EDIT: Just watched where he pulled it out, I had only the Blu-ray promo disc there.

eso76

Dark Octave said:
So people who only speak Italian will be forced to play the game in English? Is this normally how it works? If so that sucks. A movie I can understand, but a game? Glad I'm not Italian right now.

It's generally subtitles only for games with lots of dialogue, but i like it better with english voices anyway, except for games like GTAIV, where pedestrians lines are not subtitled and as a non-native english speaker i end up missing most of them if i don't pay very close attention; pity since they add so much to te immersion.

Anyway, videogames here started being translated / dubbed regularly only very recently, that's one of the reasons why gamers my age know english so well : ) and it's just in the last 3,4 years that they started using professional voice actors.
They ruined MGS1 with some terrible voices, thankfully they sticked to subtitles for the series after that. I wouldn't even mind english only subtitles, but i'd like my girlfriend to be able to follow the story without having to pause and translate each sentence for her like i did with MGS3 (bought the ntsc usa version).

ANYWAY. Today's the day !

Problem is, today's the day for regular edition, but i'm told i'll probably have to wait till monday/wednsday for the limited. I'm not going to wait any longer for the game, but i'd really like the limited edition : \
Do you guys think they'll release a limited edition sub-something version later ?
I would so buy a mgs complete collection...

Hooray! ...I actually remeberd all of my MGO Konami ID stuff! ...happy day and sorry if I made anyone else upset or otherwise uncomfortable

carry on! :D

Metroidvania said:
Yep, the 80 gig.

So, it should be right there, sitting on top of the secondary box which contains the system?

In that case, nope, not there.

I'm gonna, damnit, I'm a little pissed.

EDIT: Just watched where he pulled it out, I had only the Blu-ray promo disc there.

Shit that's messed...I'd take it back ASAP!!! The sooner you do it is the sooner you'd get to play!!! I hope they don't think you're trying to pull a fast one or you'll be arguing for a while...

WiCkEd_Co

was doing stuff and left the title screen on and it showed some preview for another game and I still was not ready so it stayed on the title screen and another one started to play and it showed some pretty good looking chicks under some pinkish water being held by a octopus that had a skull face. I have no clue what it was for. there was a 3rd different one also but I started to play so I don't know if there are more.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WiCkEd_Co said:
was doing stuff and left the title screen on and it showed some preview for another game and I still was not ready so it stayed on the title screen and another one started to play and it showed some pretty good looking chicks under some pinkish water being held by a octopus that had a skull face. I have no clue what it was for. there was a 3rd different one also but I started to play so I don't know if there are more.

Those are PMC ads.

Wollan

About 6 hours in. This game is both weird and awesome. It feels different than anything else, like I'm threading in uncharted territories.

Either I'm close to tears because MGS4 is finally out or because I have to wait 12 more hours to even queue to get the game (damn Hawaii and shitty gamestops D: ) or I got conditioner in my eyes.

Doesn't matter, HAVE FUN EVERYONE! I hopefully I can find a bundle tomorrow.:D

Metroidvania

Mattlikewhoa said:
Shit that's messed...I'd take it back ASAP!!! The sooner you do it is the sooner you'd get to play!!! I hope they don't think you're trying to pull a fast one or you'll be arguing for a while...

I just called in to let them know there was a problem, and apparently, the manager is gone, seeing as it's after midnight. I have to wait until sometime Thursday to talk to him...which will have to wait until after I get off work at 6.

I don't get it either, it's definitely not in the specified "cusion" spot. The only things I can think of are one in a multiple thousands odds of screw-ups while packaging or some greedy employee taking a copy out of the bundle, and closing it back up.

Tideas

Banned
WiCkEd_Co said:
What are PMC ads? I have not really read anything on MGS as not to spoil too much.

you're asking too much question. Play the game.

Besides, you're asking the wrong question.

The right question would be, "How awesome is MGS4?"

Metroidvania said:
I just called in to let them know there was a problem, and apparently, the manager is gone, seeing as it's after midnight. I have to wait until sometime Thursday to talk to him...which will have to wait until after I get off work at 6.

I don't get it either, it's definitely not in the specified "cusion" spot. The only things I can think of are one in a multiple thousands odds of screw-ups while packaging or some greedy employee taking a copy out of the bundle, and closing it back up.

Well good luck with it...I hope you get it all sorted out. It's not odd to hear about something like this but it sucks that it happened to you :(

I'm off to drink some syrup and go to bed...Seven more hours for me...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WiCkEd_Co said:
What are PMC ads? I have not really read anything on MGS as not to spoil too much.

Fictional TV spots basically. I think if u press X during any of those u actually switch channels and see other stuff. Do that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jtrizzy said:
So can you listen to the music off your hard drive on the iPod? All I see are preloaded songs.

U can only listen to those preloaded songs and other u find in the environment. No music off the HDD sorry.

Jtrizzy

TTP said:
U can only listen to those preloaded songs and other u find in the environment. No music off the HDD sorry.

Oh...that's kind of lame. Not a big deal, the game is awesome and it's not the kind you would expect to have custom sound tracks, but I figured it would having the iPod and all. Oh well, back to the game.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone playing this on an SDTV? How does it look? The one thing that disappoints me about getting a PS3 is that I won't be able to hook it up to my monitor like I can with my 360. I don't own an HTDV yet. Why the fuck don't they release a cable for that?

Salazar

Kuroyume said:
Anyone playing this on an SDTV? How does it look? The one thing that disappoints me about getting a PS3 is that I won't be able to hook it up to my monitor like I can with my 360. I don't own an HTDV yet. Why the fuck don't they release a cable for that?

42 inch LCD. SD. Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom