• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm off to buy the fucking game now, wish me good luck :(

PIC-0017.jpg

o baby o baby

TwIsTeD

Aggelos said:
How do you guys feel that after 3+years the wait is finally over for this game??

like other descriptions its a bit odd but amazing.....the presentation of the game is a+++++ and in the 2 hours playing i can say that next gen is here and cheers to hideo for making a true next-gen experience, ohhh and codec sequences are f'n awesome :D

Aggelos said:
How do you guys feel that after 3+years the wait is finally over for this game??

I feel that Spain always must get the game in the last place. When a worldwide launch is performed, a transport strike is there to make us feel that usual bitter taste of delays :lol

chico

maybe im just plain stupid, but at the cutscenes when the
flashback
button appears, do i have to press the corresponded button only one time, do i have to hold the button, or press it rapidly multiple times? thanks...

btkadams

im not even buying this game but im still excited for you all lol. so much hype its gotten me hyped over something i wont play. man n4g's gonna be clogged with mgs4-only articles for a week or two just like when gta4 came out haha.

has anybody seen a 90 minute cutscene?

oh. there should be a complaint thread. Went ahead and tried out MGO right. Went into MGO Shop right? tried quitting the browser and now i'm froze. I won't blame the game or konami [other than still using the Game ID] so FUCK YOU SONY.

anyways played the game for 30 minutes or so. felt like restarting for the WTF moment. :lol

I wish I could stay up all night playing it but I have to work tomorrow.

As for the game... Absolutely brilliant!

The graphics are all kinds of awesome and the sound, wow, the sound is exceptional. You simply must play this with Dolby Digital Surround.

I don't think I knew this before (I have been avoiding some information for awhile) but you can output the incoming codec call to your Bluetooth headset. Pretty cool in a roleplaying kind of way.

And it's true, MGS always has the best use of rumble in a game! In other games I barely notice the rumble but with MGS it is always used very well and it is very well felt. Play it with a Dualshock 3!

There were quite a few people at my Gamestop at midnight, a rather filled room. Several people bought the MGS4 PS3 bundle, too.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm just about to rendezvous with the informants, but I just have a quick question. How do I pause cutscenes? I don't want to hit a wrong button and skip something.

chico

Link said:
I'm just about to rendezvous with the informants, but I just have a quick question. How do I pause cutscenes? I don't want to hit a wrong button and skip something.

press the start button, from there you can skip or continue the cutscene

I just started the game and now I'm seeing these live action videos. This is seriously creepy and I'm confused why they're even here. Are these products that they're advertising real?

My head hurts, I cannot comprehend the awesome, this is the most mind-blowing game I've ever played. If it actually gets better, I don't know if I can ever trust any reviewer that gives it below a 10. Okay, I'll be fair, a 9.9.5.

SamuraiX-

Cirekiller said:
Was on line for the NYC signing at the Virgin megastore. The overall experience waiting on line was great, everyone was friendly. Was waiting since 8 A.M though.

Here's a video I took as Kojigod descends upon us mere mortals. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2BZE-D_Nck

That video is made of awesomely epic win. :D

Well, ladies and gents. The time has finally arrived. MGS4 has been officially released to all regions around the west coast of the US! I will now attempt, READ, attempt to sleep and will then wake up around 9 in the morning and proceed to my local GameStop where I WILL be picking up my copy of the MGS4 LE, an MGS4 LE strat guide, and an art book. Good gaming and good night to you all! ^_^

kevm3

Just got the game from Walmart... Been playing it for about an hour and 30 minutes. Incredibly high production values. You'll feel like you're in a movie at times... well, playing a movie, not watching (we all know about that criticism lobbed against the MGS series).

This is definitely metal gear... However, it just feels "right". It feels smoother than the other ones. The gameplay feels a bit more streamlined and less "clunky" I suppose. Hard to explain it, but basically, if you liked the other Metal gear games, you'll love this one.

Anyone have an idea on how to put your own songs on the IPOD?

AgentOtaku said:
...yeah but what if you don't exactly remeber your 2 different names, 2 different passwords, etc...
...It was flat out ridiculous and I really hoped they would have moved past that...that It was just a temporary system =/

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't register my name, email or any of that other information for whatever stupid reason
that's why you should write things down... or maybe send an email to yourself..

Just beat Act One. It was awesome, but a little predictable due to the whole level being shown in various trailers and such. Finally, I am on to the content that hasn't been shown to the public.

Rainy Dog

Played a few hours last night and can safely say that there's no need for anyone to be lowering expectations. If anything: higher them. Mine were sky high and they've been surpassed by some margin. To be honest, don't think I could've possibly been prepared for the opening half hour...I don't think anyone can. It really is on a different level. Mindblowing...in so many ways ;) The game plays exactly how MGS should've always played, and in terms of AV polish and presentation, new gaming standards have been set. If its your thing, the weapon customization stuff and sheer amount of them is worth dedicating hours to in itself. Every single aspect brims with so much attention to detail.

It's gonna be a long day at work today...

kevm3

The sound in this game is awesome. Am I the only one that thinks that? It was well worth using the capacity of the 50GB. The game just sounds so good.

gbovo

Alright Gaf, this is my final contribution to this thread...

2572658632_b77acb6eb3_b.jpg

2572658342_729d392664_b.jpg

...part of my final project on Monday. I will be picking the game up in the morning.

boco77

Banned
Ok I played this for a few hours yesterday and am finding it hard to get into. It seems like an amazing game but I just keep getting caught and the controls are taking time to get used to. So I usually just take the rambo route which wasnt intended anyone else finding this too?

Whenever I enter a new area I just feel like I'm overwhelmed with which way to go and approach things or which weapon/item to use? Its good I guess but hard to get into....the gameplay hasnt stuck to me yet.

kevm3

boco77 said:
Ok I played this for a few hours yesterday and am finding it hard to get into. It seems like an amazing game but I just keep getting caught and the controls are taking time to get used to. So I usually just take the rambo route which wasnt intended anyone else finding this too?

Whenever I enter a new area I just feel like I'm overwhelmed with which way to go and approach things or which weapon/item to use? Its good I guess but hard to get into....the gameplay hasnt stuck to me yet.

You'll get it after a while. Stealth is definitely key here. If you're seen, you have to hide. Ramboing it out with the enemies is never a good strategy in this game. Once you get the basic mechanics of the stealth down, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom