• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Link said:
Ok, just got schooled by Liquid. Why am I installing the game again now?

The game installs for 3 Minutes after each act. Not sure why (to alleviate the initial install time? or because it really is a 50GB worth on info that needs to be split up for the installs?)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
chespace said:
So you can basically export photos to the PC, right?

Anyone going to start a MGS4 photo mode thread?

Yep. You can also change RGB colors, brightness and stuff before saving.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BlueTsunami said:
The game installs for 3 Minutes after each act. Not sure why (to alleviate the initial install time? or because it really is a 50GB worth on info that needs to be split up for the installs?)

It overwrites every act. That's why it installs again when you start from the beginning.

Barso

Banned
One thing I have noticed is that the upgrades do not show on the weapon you are holding in the cutscenes. Only the standard weapon is shown. Nitpicking I know but the game is so polished I thought it would have included this as it uses the in-game engine for cut scenes.
Loving the game though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TTP, what did they change about it? Cause that whole scene was so fucking amazing. It was so totally unexpected. And it looked unbelievable.

GodofWine

Simply amazed and Im not even through Act 1 (just clowning around, getting used to controls and getting killed..alot...) The game is refreshingly difficult in that if you do something stupid, you will get shot up, AI seems excellent so far.

Graphics are a 10. If GTAIV got a 10 on graphics, then this is a 20.

Nooreo

Vyse The Legend said:
Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf @ the ending.

Wow. Motherfucking wow.
you beat it already? My worst fear is beating MGS4 really quick, i want the game to last a good 20+ hours T___T

dkeane

Wow just wow, I just got to Act 2. This game is so amazing. It's already exceeding my expectations. All the little details just make the experience feel so rich.

Teknoman

Xenon said:
Do you need dualshock to enjoy this? Anyone playing without?

Yes you do need a DS3 to enjoy this. Seriously though, the rumble isnt just generic bbbzzzzt all day, its of various frequencies and really matches everything happening on screen perfectly.

Nooreo said:
you beat it already? My worst fear is beating MGS4 really quick, i want the game to last a good 20+ hours T___T

It will if you take your time. Some of these guys and girls have been playing nonstop since 12:00AM or whenever they got back from midnight launch.

Even with Metroid and Zelda games, where some people beat them under 20hrs, you can easily clock over if you explore everything.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yes you do need a DS3 to enjoy this. Seriously though, the rumble isnt just generic bbbzzzzt all day, its of various frequencies and really matches everything happening on screen perfectly.
Yeah they even match the footsteps of people sometimes. Its awesome.

ToyMachine228 said:
Can anyone help me with Act 4?
Can't figure out how to kill Vamp

cqc grab, and use the syringe from the items with triangle once u have a hold of him. You do this after you kill him once or twice, then get behind him.

I got the bundle today and couldn't be happier with both the game and the PS3 itself. I put almost 3 hours into the game and I think I'm close to finishing Act 1. There's so much to explore in the damn game it almost gives me a headache. And the graphics are waaaay better than I expected. Looks razor sharp on my 1080p plasma.

Teknoman

Lion Heart said:
How do I setup MGO, do I go through the game or do I have to do it through a pc on the net...if so please link me, thanks.

Should be able to do everything you need through the game and its in game browser. But if not, just go to konami's main site and sign up for stuff.

g35twinturbo said:
That intro load screen tripped me out :lol

I was like wtf did I change the channel or something.

Why is there nothing on channel Hideo 1 though?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm a TOTAL Metal Gear noob, but an awesome little thing just happened (I'm still really early in the game)...

There's lots of mice and sometimes chickens running around, and I got on the roof of one building when a rat runs by me. I was just messing around so I tried to shoot it but it disappeared around the corner. I followed it and there's an air duct accessible only by going prone, so I follow the rat...and it led me to a really cool PSS silenced pistol and some more noodles (that air duct was loooooong...I had to bust out the iPod at one point, hah).

Just little things like that make this game so damn interesting.

Narag

chubigans said:
I'm a TOTAL Metal Gear noob, but an awesome little thing just happened (I'm still really early in the game)...

There's lots of mice and sometimes chickens running around, and I got on the roof of one building when a rat runs by me. I was just messing around so I tried to shoot it but it disappeared around the corner. I followed it and there's an air duct accessible only by going prone, so I follow the rat...and it led me to a really cool PSS silenced pistol and some more noodles (that air duct was loooooong...I had to bust out the iPod at one point, hah).

I knew about the story spoilers going in but in act 3 the
scene with big mama explaining the patriots to snake
is just so fucking awesome.

Cartman86

Banned
Xenon said:
Do you need dualshock to enjoy this? Anyone playing without?

I played without and didn't miss it, but then again I never miss it. So used to it since my PS2 was broken for rumble (don't ask how). I do have a question about rumble, but i'll save it for when more people have finished and can talk about spoilers. I'm sure there are others who have the same question I do...

This is truly the greatest game I have played.

Just got started on Act 2 but a couple notes from Act 1
The fight against the FROGS was awesome
LOL at the in game podcast, can't wait for more episodes
and a early Act 2 spoiler.
Rose has some pretty nice....uhhh assets

Nooreo

chubigans said:

Yeah i had a hunch that (how to get ipod)
the first guy lying on the floor when you press new game and you crawl out of the truck their was this guy lying on the floor and an AK was next to him. Well i had a hunch that he would have something good and i went with it. Next thing i know i get an IPOD! i was soo happy and my mind was blown because the ipod is really really awesome

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Cartman86 said:
I played without and didn't miss it, but then again I never miss it. So used to it since my PS2 was broken for rumble (don't ask how). I do have a question about rumble, but i'll save it for when more people have finished and can talk about spoilers. I'm sure there are others who have the same question I do...

Hah, dunno what it is but the rumble works REALLY well in conjunction with the cutscenes. Once Snake was checking out a gun...tapping each part lightly with a light (I mean REALLY light) bump in the controller...hitting the magazine and feeling the indentations while the rumble plays along with it. Its easily the best rumble I've ever seen implemented in a game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Marconelly said:
Can someone answer if it's better to start the game on Hard or Solid Normal?

I played thought MGS3 on hard and thought it was ideal difficulty for me. However, MGS2 on Normal was just right as well.
Anyone? TTP was suggesting playing on Hard, but he's got mad skills, so I want to hear what anyone else has to say.

Wollan

The beauty and the beast units.. the modeling is absolutely incredible. The faces are absolutely dead on.
And continuous booty cams post fight. :lol I swear, they even modeled you know what.

Teknoman

chubigans said:
Hah, dunno what it is but the rumble works REALLY well in conjunction with the cutscenes. Once Snake was checking out a gun...tapping each part lightly with a light (I mean REALLY light) bump in the controller...hitting the magazine and feeling the indentations while the rumble plays along with it. Its easily the best rumble I've ever seen implemented in a game.

Yeah, if you play this game without rumble, no matter WHAT your opinion is on force feedback, you are missing out.

Also all you guys who have beaten the game, get started on leveling up in MGO so we can get the NeoGAF MGO animal squads up :D

Nooreo

Marconelly said:
Anyone? TTP was suggesting playing on Hard, but he's got mad skills, so I want to hear what anyone else has to say.
Well i tried Naked Hard? or w.e and it was too easy i guess its because i had alot of training in the MGO Beta. So im playing on big boss hard its normal for me

I'm on Act 3 now and a lot of big stuff has happened but [Act2 spoiler]
I still can't believe Rose is with Campbell now. It's so nutty I never would have imagined they'd do that.
I just can't get over that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hooray, I've been playing for 5 hours, and haven't finished Act 1 yet (though i think I'm close)

Not too "hard" just...well, just trying lots of different shit...I'm killing WAY too many guys for a Sneaking Mission ;P

Xenon

Thanks for the input, I think Im going to pick up a DS. Im almost tempted to sell my 60GB PS3 and pick up the metal gear pack with extra ds2. I hate having mixed controllers.

Xtyle

how do you turn on and off auto aim? I am up to act 4 and I still don't know how you do it...just had too much fun playing...Raging Raven...Awesome shit. This game is just so pack full of details and items, unlockables...I have only been using a few guns and the most basic cameo suits...there are about 10 times more stuff I haven't even used...shit. No games will top this one this year.
so it looks like it is true that if you do a non lethal kill on the B & B, you get something cool. you get their cameos. Nice touch. I really like small details like that.

Xtyle

Narag said:
Act 3 spoiler:

Big boss in the van was nightmare inducing.

about this character
This is kind of how I suspected he would come back in this game.
I think they really did a good job on it. He's alive but not alive...and the end cutscene of act 3, that's some very cool fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom