• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

I am absoultely lost on Act 5.
What the flying fuck am i supposed to do against 2 geckos and about 800 million frog units respawning on top of me?

scoobs said:
I am absoultely lost on Act 5.
What the flying fuck am i supposed to do against 2 geckos and about 800 million frog units respawning on top of me?

Hide in a corner with full octo/face camo on and then wait till a gekko turns its back and open the door.

dralla

damn, I just played 12 hours straight, gonna try and finish it tomorrow.

fighting the boss' with the Mosin is amazingly awesome, a little on the easy side though

WOW on Act 2...
the boss fight against Laughing Octopus was really creepy! Loud with earphones...just crazy shit! Silent hill shit man!

BTW how many Acts are there?

yeah sorry about that, i fixed the tag. my bad. i dont know if im going to sleep tonight. im into deep im just waiting for the "Turn of game" transmission from campbell to show in mgs4.

Solideliquid said:
WOW on Act 2...
the boss fight against Laughing Octopus was really creepy! Loud with earphones...just crazy shit! Silent hill shit man!

BTW how many Acts are there?

Five plus an hour-long epilogue.

Yes -- a full hour.

scoobs

chaoticprout said:
Hide in a corner with full octo/face camo on and then wait till a gekko turns its back and open the door.

I didnt even realize sneaking was an option at this point lol with the alarms going off the chances of gettin by all those guards seems slim

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm early on in Act 3 and holy crap this game is awesome.
The chase sequence and the escape from the town that the gekkos are ripping apart were both jaw dropping scenes, not to mention the badassery of Raiden and Vamp. The end of Act 2 was probably one of the best fight sequences of ever seen in a game. I haven't done much in Act 3 yet but it looks phenomenal. I honestly can't imagine how it could get better.

dralla

RoboPlato said:
The chase sequence and the escape from the town that the gekkos are ripping apart were both jaw dropping scenes, not to mention the badassery of Raiden and Vamp. The end of Act 2 was probably one of the best fight sequences of ever seen in a game. I haven't done much in Act 3 yet but it looks phenomenal. I honestly can't imagine how it could get better.

oh, it gets better

scoobs

RoboPlato said:

Oh it gets WAY better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
end of act 3 spoiler:

Liquid really is a fucking asshole...holy shit. i've never actually been angered by a fucking character hahaha...i still cant believe he set big boss's body on fire...damn thats ice cold

i just finished act 3. i can go to act 4 and make some headway thru it or i could save it...should i continue?

Xtyle

fuck, now I have 2 LE MGS4...One from midnight launch and one that is being shipped to my from gamestop...also got the LE guide from gamestop...hey is it any good?

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I've been so scared to click on this topic, and now I'm scared to read anything in here.

All I know is that I'm about 5 hours into the game and holy fucking shit is it amazing. It's a masterpiece. Anyone that says otherwise has bad taste. :D Seriously, I thought GTA4 would be my game of the year, and I loved GTA4, but this is quite a bit better than GTA4. The gameplay is just phenomenal. The sneaking is better than ever. This is how I always wanted metal gear games to play, and just based on the first five hours this game is head and shoulders above the others, and that's saying a lot in my book. What a fucking fun game.

I've never seen so many people soil themselves either. My wife who only likes Rock Band even found the Akiba (sp?) scene hilarious. She thinks the game is goofy, but I think she finally understands why I appreciate the humor in these games

Act 3 is an incredible visual achievement. The colors and atmosphere and everything is just amazing. I just wish there was more gameplay in that act, it was very lean compared to the first two, mostly cutscene.

The chase segments are awesome... you can actually use the cinematic camera as a strategy and let it focus on a target, then start shooting. It works so well, the second one is such an exquisitely crafted setpiece.

image taken right after beginning of Act 2.

Image I took using the in-game digital camera <3. This was during SP game. I like the 2P mode but i would rather it not be an item i have to keep open just to take a picture but it sure is going to be great during those epic boss battles. Love it

eso76

I have to say i was a bit disappointed at first. The graphcs sure took a hit since the first trailers, with quite a few edges on models, a few low res textures, and horribly pixelated shadow maps during the very first real time cutscene and not even a perfectly solid framerate, moreover i found menus a little too cumbersome (partly becuse the options with weapons and items and the infos you're given seem quite overwhelming at first) but i soon got used to controls and menu navigation and holy shit do graphics improve constantly during the first and second act.
Game often mixes real footage with cg and at the beginning of Act 2 i was sure i was looking at real footage until the camera panned on Snake's model. Holy shit, the lighting there is perfect. Was it really that well done
including the rat and the snake
or were my eyes playing tricks on me ? oh well, i'll get to see it again anyway since i got maybe halfway the second act in one session and thought i had auto save on..but didn't, so i'll have to play act 2 again from the beginning.

Pachimari

I just recieved the asian limited edition (english voice and text) here in the Philippines but I have no PS3 here. The european version is at my place in Denmark, so how does the game look on a SDTV? Worth buying a Ceramic White PS3 so I can play this game now??

I think I've decided to be totally irrational with anyone who thinks this game doesn't look good.Its easy to bitch about a tiny thing but my God
The bike chase in act3 and the shadow moses wind/snow effect are insane!!!! Just being on the bike is the first time I think I've ever felt like I was playing a FWV. And the boss fights, holy hell the boss fights!! All in open areas, all intense and dynamic; Climbing that tower shooting rockets at raging raven while the walls and ceiling are blown apart was outstanding. The fight with crying wolf was the most intense one IMO (so far). Are there tiny things that bothered me yes, but right now I love the story, the direction, the vastly diverse gameplay...everything!! I'm rambling now but its just so freaking epic.
I give 5/5 forks

eso76

mr_nothin said:
Did anybody press any buttons during the 1st intro?

did a few times until i stopped on some
talk show with David Hayter himself
:D
i'll have to watch the intro multiple times just to see all channels' offerings.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

Voice Acted Related

When Snake kills a certain number of people or combos (not sure what the trigger is)
Cam Clarke as Liquid says in the background "you enjoy killing thats why"

I assume they used library tracks from TTS. It would be cool if
Cam Clarke
recorded some new dialogue (say needed for a 5.1 mix) and got some extra change.

I am so happy!

Oh Act 2 related, no doubt in my mind
Kojima loves Commando

painey

does anyone have a list of what each difficulty entails? I selected European Normal and im worried i've picked too high a difficulty considering it took me 3 tries to do the level before you even get the Snake eye

I just realized the clock doesn't stop when it's paused! I've had the game running since I got it at 10 this morning, and during that time I took a 4 hour nap, ate dinner, cut the grass, took a shower, and goofed around on forums. I'm already 13 hours in according to the clock, and I'm still on Act 1! :lol

Narag

Kagari said:
HOLY SHIT.

The Best is Yet to Come playing when you reach Shadow Moses...

I was in TEARS. SO BEAUTIFUL.

I've some manly tears going on for myself at that part. Its really bittersweet.

Pachimari

Anastacio said:
I just recieved the asian limited edition (english voice and text) here in the Philippines but I have no PS3 here. The european version is at my place in Denmark, so how does the game look on a SDTV? Worth buying a Ceramic White PS3 so I can play this game now??
Anyone? As Im going out now.

After 14 straight hrs of MGS4 goodness, I'm calling it quits. I thought I could pull off beating it in one day. Eh.. anywho, I'm stuck on a certain boss in act 5.. tips?

Teknoman

Off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a Jabra BT125 AC charger or at least another USB cable that goes to it? My logitech USB headset wont output through it's speaker for some reason (works just fine on my PC...) so my bluetooth is the only option I have for PS3 communication and MGS4 ingame transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom