• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everybody hates when somebody post in here if its not about trophies but for once it is....possible hope?

*snip*

Apparently its on the new rerelease of the greatest hits box.

EDIT: Damn www Playstation Lifestyle dot com is blocked?
Well its from there and they have an accompanying picture.

take it as you will.

Picture from their site.
G8Rdtl.jpg

rvy

Banned
xKilltheMx said:
So everybody hates when somebody post in here if its not about trophies but for once it is....possible hope?

*snip*

Apparently its on the new rerelease of the greatest hits box.

EDIT: Damn www Playstation Lifestyle dot com is blocked?
Well its from there and they have an accompanying picture.

take it as you will.

Thus far, the most significant release on the PlayStation 3, has been none other than Metal Gear Solid 4. The title released just before trophies were brought to the console, and fans have been begging for a trophy patch ever since. The new “Greatest Hits” packaging for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is currently hitting retailers everywhere, and the rear of the game case offers much hope for trophies finally being enabled for the PS3 exclusive.

While this isn’t a confirmation, and we have seen some mistakes on game cases in the past, it certainly offers a glimmer of hope for a MGS4 trophy patch.

On the rear of the new MGS4 Greatest Hits edition case reveals — as seen on all PS3 games — a short list of PlayStation Network features available in the title. The list shows it as having online multiplayer, voice chat and… trophies!

mgs4trophiesrpyh.jpg

Could Konami be planning a stealth trophy update for Solid Snake and crew? We’ve fired off an email to Konami but we’ve yet to hear anything back at this time. We’ll be sure to update you if there is any official confirmation or outright denial.

Thanks to Devon for sending this in.

Sure, and I'm a fairy. I wouldn't mind going through Act 1 and 2 all over again in Extreme, but I'll stop after that. This is bullshit though. :lol

SamuraiX-

Fuck that shit. No way it can be legit.

Trophies can be updated through PSN. No point to make them only available on a disc for a new version of the game unless Konami just want to be a bunch of greedy bast-

Fuck. :lol

Day 1.

I'd really like to know about these trophies soon. After beating MGS4 I immediately turned around and played through MGS2, for lack of memory about the finer points of that game. But no, I could not stop there. I'm now knee-deep in MGS3, also as a refresher. And I'll be damned if I don't fire up MGS4 again to keep the congruency going. Having trophies for my second play-through would be s-weet!

MrPliskin

Banned
xKilltheMx said:
Hmm im tempted to check out gamestop and see if they have any. Or call. Either works.

very unlikely they have any, since this hasn't been announced. I'd assume it'd be a pretty big deal.

This make sense though, it's the only title that hasn't hit their Greatest Hits lineup, right? Or has it? I haven't followed it much. I don't recall this ever being a part of that lineup though.

Thanks for rehosting the images in the OP BruceLeeRoy. I always wondered what this thread looked like in its full glory. Fitting too since I think I'm finally going to go back to play this again. I feel a little bad that I've only completed it once compared to how many times I've replayed MGS 1-3. It's still (mostly) a fantastic game.

Guv_Bubbs

Banned
electroshockwave said:
I feel a little bad that I've only completed it once compared to how many times I've replayed MGS 1-3. It's still (mostly) a fantastic game.
I know I feel the same! I ripped MGS 3 apart! The game ended and started again. For me that game was a circle it didn't have an end for like a month and a half. I've only played 4 once tho. Played the start a few times but I always leave it for other things. Where is our re-release with added content? :(

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
alr1ghtstart said:
just patch it so I don't have to keep re-installing it. So annoying...
Something tells me a simple patch wouldn't suffice. I'm guessing the tech is fucked from the ground up.

Dries

Those opening cinematics are strange... I first did normal and had the cooking show movie and now I started a Hard playthrough and I get the talkshow one. What is the deeper meaning behind these?

Dries said:
Those opening cinematics are strange... I first did normal and had the cooking show movie and now I started a Hard playthrough and I get the talkshow one. What is the deeper meaning behind these?

They are random, you can change between them in fact (I thinks it was L2) just like you change channels on tv

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dries said:
It's ads.

rvy

Banned
Catalix said:
Something tells me a simple patch wouldn't suffice. I'm guessing the tech is fucked from the ground up.
Of course it's fucked. Japanese developer with no previous experience on next-gen. 640p with 30 fps. Come on.

Catalix said:

All they have to add is an option to keep all those segmented installs on the HDD at once. If GT5 can have an optional 10gb install, MGS4 can have another 5gb or whatever optional install on top of the necessary install.

I feel like I should replay it again, instead of trophies I could use the later added audio commentary and the other DLC stuff as a motivation.

Dries said:
Gives you a look into the MGS universe.

Dries

Wow, is it just me or is this game pretty difficult? I just get spotted so often for the stupidest reasons.. Either I accidentally press the control stick too much forward so someone hears me or a enemy just happens to patrol excactly where I am hiding.. Even on Act 1 from beginning to the Mk. II I get spotted over and over. It's like some invisible force making sure I don't enjoy the game.. I love every bit about this game.. Except the gameplay. It's like one of those games that aren't made for you. I just can't play it.

Dries said:

About those, you can
change the channel with R1 and L1
. You're welcome :D

Dries

Hmm... Do the difficulty levels affect the enemy's perception (from what distance they can hear/see me)? Because I'm playing on Big Boss Hard. Maybe that's it.

Dries said:
Wow, is it just me or is this game pretty difficult? I just get spotted so often for the stupidest reasons.. Either I accidentally press the control stick too much forward so someone hears me or a enemy just happens to patrol excactly where I am hiding.. Even on Act 1 from beginning to the Mk. II I get spotted over and over. It's like some invisible force making sure I don't enjoy the game.. I love every bit about this game.. Except the gameplay. It's like one of those games that aren't made for you. I just can't play it.

The hardest part is when you don't have the octocamo yet in terms of stealth.

Edit: Yeah, that part is brutal in Big Boss Hard.

electroshockwave said:
Thanks for rehosting the images in the OP BruceLeeRoy. I always wondered what this thread looked like in its full glory. Fitting too since I think I'm finally going to go back to play this again. I feel a little bad that I've only completed it once compared to how many times I've replayed MGS 1-3. It's still (mostly) a fantastic game.
No problem man glad you like it. Rehosting those images took forever there is a lot of ish on that page.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Dries said:
Hmm... Do the difficulty levels affect the enemy's perception (from what distance they can hear/see me)? Because I'm playing on Big Boss Hard. Maybe that's it.
Yes, the higher the difficulty, the more perceptive the guards become. Their line of sight and hearing range increase dramatically.

There's really no fucking around in those modes. You have to be a glutton for frustration and punishment. It's more about the "challenge" rather than "fun"

Ellis Kim

Banned
Dries said:
Big Boss Hard is pretty tough. The Boss Extreme is even worse :S Game really forces you to be stealthy.

Dries said:
As someone mentioned, you can flip through the channels. You can't even skip them. The purpose of the commercials/tv shows is to show a sort of satiric view into the rest of the world during MGS4. The talk show w/ David Hayter, for example, demonstrates both the Solid Eye system and the effects of nanomachine censorship.

Dries

Hmmm.. How come snake is
affected by Liquid's SOP destabilization test phase at the end of Act 1? I thought he didn't have any nano machines? Or is that what Drebin injected in Snake?

kamspy

Dries said:
Hmmm.. How come snake is
affected by Liquid's SOP destabilization test phase at the end of Act 1? I thought he didn't have any nano machines? Or is that what Drebin injected in Snake?

You just killed the most legendary thread on NeoGAF.

Here comes |OT2|

Flags at half staff today gaffers.

fBiWv.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
Dries said:
Hmmm.. How come snake is
Snake still had G1 nanos, so he wasn't as heavily affected.

Or something.

And yes, to answer your second question.

thechemist

Metal Gear Solid 4 Patch BUT not the one you want!

Eurogamer said:
Konami has released a patch for Metal Gear Online, the free online component of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots that was released just shy of three years ago.

It's designed to "detect fraudulent network connections, which will slow down the gameplay during the session". Presumably the patch will block those fraudulent network connections and thus speed up gameplay.

Other changes include:

* Specification Changes Drebin Points for weapons have been adjusted.
* Weapon parameters have been adjusted.
* Skill parameters have been adjusted.
* Skills for Unique Characters have been adjusted.
* Player Character movement has been increased overall.
* Idle Kicks have been implemented for Auto Matching.

Going forward, Konami will regularly update the game's background music with tracks from the Metal Gear Solid series.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-09-metal-gear-online-patch-released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom