• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
jdnation said:
The Prologue of MGS4 videos from Famitsu can be found here:
http://www.cng4u.com/2008/06/01/prologue-of-metal-gear-solid-4-famitsu/

I haven't watched them yet so I have no idea what kinds of spoilers there are if any... I'm watching now!
lol, I thought I'd look through that website, and look at what I find on the first fucking page :lol

http://www.cng4u.com/2008/05/30/metal-gear-solid-4-wallpaper/

Neogaf's mentioned, but no link to the thread D:

google translation:
As June 12 approaches, the world's PS3 gamers are waiting for the "Metal Gear 4" of the sale. In the media before the game at the assessment that almost all the media不吝Yimei's speech to compliment the new island Hideo for. Neogaf a player finishing the "Metal Gear 4" all the intelligence game, including the background, characters, weapons, Boss, video, and four exquisite wallpaper.

Doc Evils

BlockBastard said:
Damn, did you at least take pics?

nope, what was funny though was the fact that there was a lot of people across the street staring at us on what this huge line was. It was actually cool to see MGS fans, which also included female gamers contrary to belief only males play it. I also saw Businessman in their suits trying to get in, heck one tried to bribe the staff to jump the line.:lol

Darkpen

Banned
Doc Evils said:
nope, what was funny though was the fact that there was a lot of people across the street staring at us on what this huge line was. It was actually cool to see MGS fans, which also included female gamers contrary to belief only males play it. I also saw Businessman in their suits trying to get in, heck one tried to bribe the staff to jump the line.:lol
actually, I've found quite a number of fangirls of MGS on deviantart o_o so I'm not surprised.

Doc Evils said:

Damn, I should have 'visited' my family over there last month. If only I knew Kojima was gonna pay England a visit like a month in advance. : (

Darkpen said:
actually, I've found quite a number of fangirls of MGS on deviantart o_o so I'm not surprised.

Raiden.

hulot

Yoboman said:
I noticed you only have negative things to post in MGS4 threads

Actually, I've noticed it in you. Opinions, two sides of a coin, different takes, you know, the whole shebang. Any negative comment seems to produce a knee-jerk dismissive comment from you.

dmshaposv said:
BTW am I the only one who wants a game with a more tense pot-boiler type plot like the original MGS, along with much of its feel?

I liked MGS2 and the whole patriots sub-plot, but I really wish that MGS4 turns out more like MGS than MGS2. All things point out that MGS4 will be more in the vein of MGS2 (as MGS3 was a more of a personal journey like how MGS was).

I'm fine with that, but I'd like those poetic moments when snake would listen to the last words of his dying enemies, and how MGS combined both the aspects of a politcal thriller and a lament of the horrors of war. I see these aspects could be realised with the globe-trotting chase to get to liquid and the beauty and the beast unit, however I feel that Kojima has been losing his touch with the series and just not been able to re-create the tight narrative of the first game.

Still here is hoping that he is able to re-create the magic of MGS1, but also filling in the gaps of the MGS2 sub-plots.

No, you're not the only one. Replaying both MGS2 (6 times this past week to get all dogtags :lol ) and just starting MGS3 again on EE difficulty yesterday, makes me hope that MGS4 takes more after the first and third one. And I really loved MGS on the Playstation: it's characters, pulpy story, atmosphere, and most of all, pacing. And there were just enough plausible mysteries that made the game world believable. Nevertheless, I am excited to 'finish the fight' :p

BeeDog

hulot said:
Actually, I've noticed it in you. Opinions, two sides of a coin, different takes, you know, the whole shebang. Any negative comment seems to produce a knee-jerk dismissive comment from you.

No, you're not the only one. Replaying both MGS2 (6 times this past week to get all dogtags :lol ) and just starting MGS3 again on EE difficulty yesterday, makes me hope that MGS4 takes more after the first and third one. And I really loved MGS on the Playstation: it's characters, pulpy story, atmosphere, and most of all, pacing. And there were just enough plausible mysteries that made the game world believable. Nevertheless, I am excited to 'finish the fight' :p

That point is immediately destroyed when you remember the 10424860248608 stairs near the heli battle. :p

Rainy Dog

Doc Evils said:

Nice one Doc, cheers for the impressions. Would've been nice to be there but am at the other side of the country and were no chance of getting time off work :(

Laurent

Darkpen said:
Its confusing. EGM definitely got review copies, and I somehow doubt this is another case of something like Maxim making a fake review based on what they think the game's like.
I read the statement as "Members of the press were not given personnal copies for themselves", but there will probably be one review copie given to their employer, which access would be restricted to the office.

So Greeny probably stole his copy from an early shipment and invented that bullshit story not to look as bad as he really is. Because I am having a hard time believing his screenshots (and the YouTube videos posted by another person prooving via PSN that he is playing to a game called Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots) are fake.

EDIT: I just read that he was aiming early reviewers, and not Greeny from GameFAQs' forums...

Yoboman

hulot said:
Where have I gone about dismissing other people's opinions?

FabCam

Doc Evils said:
Didn't get there in time. :/

Shame, I really wanted to see what the exclusive covers looked like. Did you see them? I hope it didn't have an "HMV" logo plastered all over it :lol

eso76 said:
on this topic, i don't understand why anyone would think not allowing reviewers to mention cutscenes lenght has anything to do with censorship. While Konami certainly has 'commercial' reasons for not wanting to mention install times etc. cutscenes lenght is probably something Kojima didn't want to spoil the audience about, kind of like journalists were asked not to mention Raiden in MGS2 reviews.
i remember that the EGM review of MGS2 DID spoil raiden, albeit with a BIG spoiler warning in said review

Doc Evils

FabCam said:
Shame, I really wanted to see what the exclusive covers looked like. Did you see them? I hope it didn't have an "HMV" logo plastered all over it :lol

P3RERPKON05011.JPG

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Does anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer for MGS 4 E3 (2007). You know the one where snake is stumbling through the battlefield "im not a killer.." while the helicopter picks up (Liquid/Ocelot). The segment before the ridiculous Raiden / Vamp fight.

I am listening to the OST and i cant find it in here.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Does anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer for MGS 4 E3 (2007). You know the one where snake is stumbling through the battlefield "im not a killer.." while the helicopter picks up (Liquid/Ocelot). The segment before the ridiculous Raiden / Vamp fight.

I am listening to the OST and i cant find it in here.

BB Corps is one of them I think.

thrasher

Banned
Theres a script floating around which is supposedly the ending of MGS 4. Forums say it's the same guy who correctly leaked the Kill Bill script.

I'm itching to read it and wondering if anyone else has

thrasher said:
Theres a script floating around which is supposedly the ending of MGS 4. Forums say it's the same guy who correctly leaked the Kill Bill script.

Most likely bullshit, but I'm not taking any chances.

Yoboman

thrasher said:

Don't even try posting it here

Doc Evils

Darkpen said:
that sucks man :(

Looks like SF GAF is gonna have to meet up and line up early once we get specifics :(

The fact that people were camping there 24 hours before should tell you, you need to get their at LEAST 5-6 hours before signing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thrasher said:

Get the hell out of here.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
BeeDog said:
That point is immediately destroyed when you remember the 10424860248608 stairs near the heli battle. :p
haha :lol that's totally right. I remember the communications tower, the backtrack to get the sniper rifle, and the heating/cooling of keycards at the end to be very tedious.

<3 MGS1 in general though.

hulot

BeeDog said:

Still not as bad as that long is long codec conversation at the end of MGS2, while Solidus is most likely sightseeing the rest of Manhattan and then some waiting for the final battle to actually start. Cutscene and gameplay pacing, as well as story ;P

Yoboman said:
Where have I gone about dismissing other people's opinions?

See your reply to dmshaposv I quoted before. Snarky, a bit?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Sage00 said:
I think they're talking about the "sleeve" you can get signed by Kojima?

Ah, good. For a minute there I was worried that you'd get that cover in the Limited Edition version of the game, instead of the "ordinary" one.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
thrasher said:

We've been waiting years for this game. I'm not going to spoil it by reading that or anything else with only 10 more days to go.

Owensboro

So I must be internet retarded today. I've checked Circuit City, Fry's, and Amazon's websites and can't find the bundle (DualShock3, 80gig, MGS4 for $499) anywhere. The only place I have even found a picture of it is on sony's official website (sonystyle.com - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665371946 ), and they don't even have it for order. They just have a button up that says "Notify Me" when it becomes available. Anyone got a link that could hook a brother up? I'm buying a PS3 for this game, but only if I can get my hands on that bundle. Otherwise, I'll just wait for the first price drop.

Also sorry if someone already asked this, but after reading 3 pages of "OMG best thread ever" I became a little tired.

P.S. OMG this is the best thread ever by the way. Freaking amazing work BruceLeeRoy.

Deepblue said:
Ah, the 1911. Now there's a weapon worth its salt.
4423_colt_1911m..jpg

If there's one thing I want MGS4 for, it's the weapon fetishism.

That's pretty. But how will the weapon fetishism be present in MGS4? Didn't really notice it in 1 and 2.

$h@d0w

I'm so tired and I think I smell of piss from sitting on the pavement :-/

Apparently the guys at the front were there since 11pm last night.

I was in awe when I stepped up to see Kojima and didn't know really what to say.

He was cool though (unlike the HMV staff who only let people get their sleeves signed, NO OTHER ITEMS), I congratulated him for completing the game and he said thanks.

I spotted Kenichiro Imaizumi lurking around with a camera and managed to ask him for his signature too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom