• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
My local game retailer seems to think that the Australian release date of MGS4 has been pushed back to June 19th.

Somebody tell he was lieing.

Somebody please tell me he was lying.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Rez>You said:
My local game retailer seems to think that the Australian release date of MGS4 has been pushed back to June 19th.

Somebody tell he was lieing.

Somebody please tell me he was lying.

hes wrong or lying either way.

pswii60

liquidspeed said:
What the heck? this:
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-152133.aspx

Claims that eurogamer and edge didnt have review copies of MGS4..

BS or truth?
Edge aren't the type of magazine to pull stunts like that. Edge also had an exclusive preview of the game and played it in full at the Konami event. Konami will have given them the full go-ahead to review it. No sinister plots here, but if conspiracies let fanboys enjoy the game more when it releases in a couple of weeks, then fair enough. I'll personally be enjoying the game without giving a shit what review scores it gets.
SolidSnakex said:
The site admin of MGS.org said that Ryan told him that they weren't sending out finished copies of the game to sites.
Review copy != finished copy. Review copies are very rarely the same as the retail build. A 'review copy' is simply just a build of the game that journalists are allowed to review. Obviously.

I just stopped by the Gaming forum for a hot second. After Metal Gear solid 2 I lost total interest in MG but, after looking at all the work that was put into this thread I'm sold on getting the new game. This is awesome work.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Question about the E3 2007 US trailer.

When it shows liquid
taking control of SOP for the presumably first time, as Snake is struggling to get a shot off, a helicopter appears with a woman inside....that's not Naomi, is it?

Also, this is more of a ponderance, but
if Meryl and her team are shown to be affected by Liquid's "control"....could that mean Snake could end up fighting them?

Frog

Metroidvania said:

When it shows liquid
taking control of SOP for the presumably first time, as Snake is struggling to get a shot off, a helicopter appears with a woman inside....that's not Naomi, is it?

It is.

Metroidvania said:
Also, this is more of a ponderance, but
if Meryl and her team are shown to be affected by Liquid's "control"....could that mean Snake could end up fighting them?

Anything's possible! Except I don't think
Johnny can be controlled. As for Meryl, Jonathon and Ed...

g35twinturbo said:
hes wrong or lying either way.
Yeah, i've checked with JB, EB and Game (well there websites which are usually more up to date then themselves) and they all say 12th. So..he better be lying.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HomerSimpson-Man said:
I forget, is all the reviews being done thus far is before the final code and not including MGO at all?
They mustn't have the MGO servers up yet.

Bernbaum

I just scored second hand copies of MGS2 and 3 for the PS2 (not the Substance or Subsistence versions). I'm playing these for the story before I buy MGS4
and a PS3

How much effort should I put into tracking down a copy of MGS1? I live in Australia, so PAL versions of old PS1 gems like these can be hard to track down.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:
I just scored second hand copies of MGS2 and 3 for the PS2 (not the Substance or Subsistence versions). I'm playing these for the story before I buy MGS4
and a PS3

How much effort should I put into tracking down a copy of MGS1? I live in Australia, so PAL versions of old PS1 gems like these can be hard to track down.
I [re]bought MGS on eBay for the surprisingly cheap amount of $20. Try there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Bernbaum said:
and a PS3

I was able to get a mint copy of MGS1 from a second hand store not too long ago for $20.

Ariexv

Tideas said:
ain't that the same a reviewing CoD4 without its online component? lol
I thought the MGO that shipped w/ MGS4 was more like a beta? and the real game would be released later this year/Be DLC.

Dwayne

Metroidvania said:

When it shows liquid

Keep in mind
she's kidnapped. You see it at the start of .. the TGS 07 trailer, is it? I would imagine that the sequence leading up to that point is early in the game, as later Naomi is free and with Snake.

zoukka

boco77 said:
is this another game thats not in HD and more like SD again?

I'd put my money on sub-HD. Though it doesn't look anything as advanced that it would need lower than 720p resolution. And I've had this feeling for ages.

Blablurn

30li8wj.jpg

More pictures: http://kotaku.com/5012139/metal-gear-solid-4-shibuya-billboard

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dk_ said:
What does it say?
Hungry for som SNAKE?
Take a break from Wii Fit
And enjoy the last chapter of METAL GEAR SOLID

No, not really but yeah :lol

Rainy Dog

zoukka said:
I'd put my money on sub-HD. Though it doesn't look anything as advanced that it would need lower than 720p resolution. And I've had this feeling for ages.

The MGO beta was supposed to be 1024x768. Which equates to 655p apparently. It did default to 1080p automatically on my display without having to phaf about unticking/reticking HDMI resolutions in the XMB, though. Why any other developer hasn't been able to do this I've no idea...

mileS

Just finished MGS3 again. Man oh man so much to take in the final 2 hours. Thank god for this thread and the save they give you before the final cutscenes.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dwayne said:
Keep in mind
she's kidnapped. You see it at the start of .. the TGS 07 trailer, is it? I would imagine that the sequence leading up to that point is early in the game, as later Naomi is free and with Snake.

Oh, I know that. I didn't see her at all until just now, and that's why I was asking if it was her.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Sit down, sugar tits.

PSME cleared things up, but the original charge shows just how stir crazy MGS4 is making people.
The extension that MGS4 wasn't sent to PSME so wasn't sent to Edge and Eurogamer showed they had faked their scores/reviews - but not the 10/10 ones - they must have gotten their copies or something..... bananas logic.

If you can't see the funny side... :/ (MGS4 - SERUZ BASNASS)

Anyways, it actually says :

"aren't there anymore games where you ask "how far have you gotten" ?"

(i'm not answering that one, i might get stoned!)

Yoboman

DCharlie said:
PSME cleared things up, but the original charge shows just how stir crazy MGS4 is making people.
The extension that MGS4 wasn't sent to PSME so wasn't sent to Edge and Eurogamer showed they had faked their scores/reviews - but not the 10/10 ones - they must have gotten their copies or something..... bananas logic.

If you can't see the funny side... :/ (MGS4 - SERUZ BASNASS)

Anyways, it actually says :

"aren't there anymore games where you ask "how far have you gotten" ?"

(i'm not answering that one, i might get stoned!)
What's PSME?

Anyway, it's not really funny. I noticed you only have negative things to post in MGS4 threads

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
So, has there been any talk about those supposed restrictions Konami had set up for reviewers, like not to mention the 90 min cutscenes and etc?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I noticed you only have negative things to post in MGS4 threads

yeah, i'm nothing but hate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11383236&postcount=1148

(the last part is a joke before you take it oh so literally so you can get all upset again)

So, has there been any talk about those supposed restrictions Konami had set up for reviewers, like not to mention the 90 min cutscenes and etc?

see other thread, let's leave that clusterfudge there!

Anyway, it's not really funny

of course it's funny - it's friggin hilariously desperate.

THe two reviews that gave the game an 8 did so because no one has received review copies (well, PSMExtreme hadn't... so by extension....) , yet that implies that the 10/10 review sites all didn't get it either. It's painfully funny because it's painfully desperate. PSMExtreme clarified how they were dragged into this laugable situation.

antiloop

ItsInMyVeins said:

Yes, in that 48 page thread. It should be here somewhere. :lol

Yoboman

DCharlie said:
yeah, i'm nothing but hate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11383236&postcount=1148

(the last part is a joke before you take it oh so literally so you can get all upset again)

see other thread, let's leave that clusterfudge there!
Yeah, I noticed you insert the casual "I want MGS4, really" between your slander. Yet I've never really seen you in any MGS4 threads, but you've been here frequently since Eurogamer gave it an 8 and even moreso in the other MGS4 thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom