• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
womfalcs3 said:
Great pictures dabookerman!

I hope that wasn't insulting.

It made him laugh actually.

I actually did feel really bad and rude however :( When I was trying to call him, I accidentally just shouted out Hideo, and it sounded sarcastic (not my intention :( )
But he just looked at me and smiled.

I still feel bad :(

Phatcorns said:
If that's what he's saying, then I'm not sure how much credence I would give to his review when he can't even decide whether he thinks the pace is a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm not saying it should be a ten or something, I don't really care about numbers, I'm just saying, if anything, make sure that your summary bullet points at least make some sense. I don't read Swedish, so I'm relying on you guys for the translation here though.
The easy answer to this is don't bother, GameReactor is widely accepted as a steaming pile of shit over here. The only incentive to read it comes from the fact that it's a free magazine.

ianp622

revolverjgw said:
Who hasn't put young Snake's back up against a wall when there was nobody around just so you could get a good close shot of him to admire his chiseled good looks? This was made even easier in Subsistence. Old Snake is Old.

Well at least you can crouch and get a good look at his chiseled ass.

Narcosis

So I'm trying to get through the first 3 MGS games before the 12th, and I just started MGS2 for the first time in several years. I forgot just how hilarious Snake's codec sequences with the girlie posters were :lol

I am so jealous of you people that got to meet Kojima.....

[HP]

Mromson said:
Brandon has just finished editing the MG Retrospective - Part 4.
It should be up in about 1-2hrs.

thanks for letting us know, can't wait! I'm loving this retrospectives.

Guled

The 4.6gig install is divided up into 5 right? So thats less then a gig each time. It seems better that way, why are people complaining.

ymmv

Banned
Guled said:
The 4.6gig install is divided up into 5 right? So thats less then a gig each time. It seems better that way, why are people complaining.

People on the internet love to complain, especially when they don't have a PS3 and no interest in playing MGS4.

Owensboro

So, update to the pre-ored woes. I just got back from Circuit City on my lunchbreak, and they said the bundle wasn't in their system. Also, they said if it is not on their website, then they will not have it in stores.

Don't know how it's working in the rest of the USA, but looks like Atlanta, Ga is screwed. Guess i'm gonna have to wait out that sony online store. (uuuuugh)

Guled said:

The complaints about this are ridiculous to me. Go make a fu@#$ing sandwich or watch your favorite episode of Top Chef. Ill gladly take a little forethought on my part to be able to play a game with consistently faster load times.

Madsucktion said:
So, update to the pre-ored woes. I just got back from Circuit City on my lunchbreak, and they said the bundle wasn't in their system. Also, they said if it is not on their website, then they will not have it in stores.

Don't know how it's working in the rest of the USA, but looks like Atlanta, Ga is screwed. Guess i'm gonna have to wait out that sony online store. (uuuuugh)

This whole bundle situation is so confusing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guled said:
I know that personally I would rather sit through a longer install at the beginning than have my playthrough broken up by several installs but I can deal with it.

Darkpen said:
there are several codec calls that clearly show that snake has aspergers, but I can't remember all of them at the moment. I'm sure going through crushed's post history would reveal most of the big ones though.

What's funny, though, is that none of the clones show symptoms of aspergers to the same degree as Big Boss.

Managed to track down the Crushed thread. I re-read some of his points and realized, he was right. :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267985

I agree. We are not back in the cartridge days any more. Just live with the medium that our games are being stored on today.

BruceLeeRoy said:
The complaints about this are ridiculous to me. Go make a fu@#$ing sandwich or watch your favorite episode of Top Chef. Ill gladly take a little forethought on my part to be able to play a game with consistently faster load times.

Awesome pics dabookerman, I really wish he'd come to Portugal, but we're such a small country...

Can't wait for the new retrospective, those things are so professionally done.

GoncaloCCastro said:
Awesome pics dabookerman, I really wish he'd come to Portugal, but we're such a small country...

Can't wait for the new retrospective, those things are so professionally done.

Yeah they are really well put together.

[HP]

RoboPlato said:
I know that personally I would rather sit through a longer install at the beginning than have my playthrough broken up by several installs but I can deal with it.

me too...

Maybe there's an option to choose whether you want to install the whole thing once and for all, or install it as you go through the game?

Guled

RoboPlato said:
well if the game is 30 hours long, then that 6 hours in between each install. Also, it will be in between each act so most likely after a big cutscene. So it won't be like the gameplay will be broken up.

Guled

Deadly Monk said:
Where do I go to see these retrospectives? Is it a good way to catch up without having to replay all of the previous games?
its over at gametrailers.com Its a good catch up, but its no substitute for the original games.

Has anyone found out if the Asian Edition of the game is Japanese voice with English subtitles?

Why is there a distinction between Asian and Japanese edition anyway? Isn't Japan in Asia. Please forgive my ignorance.

hmvmgs4event021_2.jpg

hmvmgs4event028_2.jpg

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26414961&sid=6191901

Darkpen

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Managed to track down the Crushed thread. I re-read some of his points and realized, he was right. :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267985
Crushed said:
Big Boss: Can't even eat a snake during a mission, huh.
Eva: I wouldn't mind eating you.
livestock01-14-04-whore.gif

Big Boss:
emot-aaa.gif

Eva: After this, you have to treat me to a nice dinner.
Big Boss: UH... WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT.
emot-saddowns.gif

Eva: How about sushi?
Big Boss: SUSHI?
emot-saddowns.gif

Eva: It's a form of Japanese cuisine gaining popularity in the West, made using specially prepared raw fish.
emot-eng101.gif

Big Boss: RAW FISH?
emot-saddowns.gif

...THAT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR MY SURVIVAL SKILLS
emot-haw.gif
:lol :lol

:(

Acid08

Banned
Man the 12th and 14th cannot come soon ehough :(.

I'm torn though. I don't know if I should power through the game over the 12th and 13th so that when I meet him on the 14th I can congradulate him on how amazing the ending is(I know it will be without a doubt). Or should I just take my time through it. Decisions, decisions :(.

Darkpen

Banned
Acid08 said:
Man the 12th and 14th cannot come soon ehough :(.

I'm torn though. I don't know if I should power through the game over the 12th and 13th so that when I meet him on the 14th I can congradulate him on how amazing the ending is(I know it will be without a doubt). Or should I just take my time through it. Decisions, decisions :(.
I don't know how I'd manage sleep @_@

hmvmgs4event040_2.jpg

lol.... US version of the essentials collection? D:

looks like some people snuck in their games to get signed, lol. I'll probably end up bringing my copy of Substance; I mean, it IS the first MGS game I bought, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom