• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

DiscoJer

Pai Pai Master said:
Does Amazon sell new game codes for PSN the day they arrive on the Store? I've got $10 credit and I'm deciding if I should use it for 3D Dot or wait for this.

You never know. Sometimes they have them up quick, sometimes it can take a month.

Right now they've got ModNation Racers up, but not Hexyz Force (both came out last Tuesday)...

Lamel

Banned
Looks so awesome but I really have stopped playing PSP games. However I know this will be worth it. Visuals look sublime! After all I loved MGS: PO. Played the shit out of it online, ranked 25 in the USA :D

/brag

James-Ape

show some balls, man
-viper- said:
Is the main single player campaign 1 player or co-op?

you can play all the story parts with 2 players and the boss battles with 4 I think.

This game is great fun.

So insanely pumped. I've had the CE pre-ordered at Gamestop for a few months, and I'm also going to download it so I can play it on my Go.

Metal Gear Solid 5.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Where are the bitter replies of why the thread is titled as MGS5? I'm disappointed.

Been looking forward to this so much. Hopefully my GOTY.

Oh yeah, MGS5! :D Very nice OP you made there GoncaloCCastro. I have the Camo PSP Big Boss Pack pre-ordered in full at my local GameStop. I can not wait for June 8th, which is so very soon. It'll be nice to play a new Metal Gear game.

So anyone know? Will Amazon have this for digital download within the first week of release or does it normally take them a while for new releases?

B.K.

Pai Pai Master said:
So anyone know? Will Amazon have this for digital download within the first week of release or does it normally take them a while for new releases?

You don't actually download PSP games from Amazon. You buy a code from Amazon, then go to the PSN and download it from there.

Oyashiro said:
I've never played a MGS game before (although I did watch my friend go through MGS2...) Am I gonna be completely and utterly lost? It looks like a really fun game, but I was pretty lost during MGS2. Also, when does this story take place in terms of MGS games? (ex: Before MGS2? Before MGS3?) I want to play them in order of story.
You will most likely be totally lost story-wise, but not awesomeness wise. The games take place in this order:

MGS3 > MGS: PO > MGS: PW > MG > MG2: SS > MGS >MGS2 > MGS4

B.K.

seady said:
I really want to get the Gamestop Exclusive Bundle, but the recent rumours of PSP2 is killing me...

Go ahead and get the bundle anyway. Even if a PSP2 is announced at E3, it probably won't be backwards compatible with the PSP.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I'd buy it if I could play on my tv. Dual analog would also be nice, but the biggest barrier for me is that it's on a handheld. Sorry kojipro - no buy :(

Integra

Neo Member
that bundle does look epic ^.^ then again, its an epic series. never got the chance to play it personally, but respect this game does and will get. especially after watching MGS4 :D

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
bistromathics said:
I'd buy it if I could play on my tv. Dual analog would also be nice, but the biggest barrier for me is that it's on a handheld. Sorry kojipro - no buy :(

You can connect PSPs to TV slim and lite onwards.
Right guys?

seady

B.K. said:
Go ahead and get the bundle anyway. Even if a PSP2 is announced at E3, it probably won't be backwards compatible with the PSP.

There is also the possibility of price dropping on the hardware.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Finished the JP version last week... it is SUCH a good game. So much better than MGS4 in every conceivable way IMO. Can't wait till more people get on board with it. :D

El-Suave

I'm so pissed that SCEE doesn't seem to do anything for this relase, no official PSP bundle, no special edition - nothing.
Other than that, I'm really looking forward to its release, it has been getting great rewiews in German magazines so far 94% M! Games and 92% Gamepro.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it wrong of me that I have my expectations at "If this doesn't become the greatest game ever created, then I'll be disappointed"?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
How long until someone puts out a good LP for this game??

I still haven't started watching the LP for Portable Ops but still...! MGS5 story more important!

Yoshichan said:
Is it wrong of me that I have my expectations at "If this doesn't become the greatest game ever created, then I'll be disappointed"?

Isn't that how most of GAF approaches every game?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
rainking187 said:
Isn't that how most of GAF approaches every game?
I'm not GAF.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Can't wait, i've successfully managed to be total spoiler-free. (like i am for every MGS game) Haven't read a single impression or spoiler in the JP thread.:D

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:

Depends on what you're expecting out of the storyline. I've revised mine since going through the import thread. :/

Yoshichan

spindoc said:
Depends on what you're expecting out of the storyline. I've revised mine since going through the import thread. :/
MGS is one of the best game ever.
MGS2 is one of the best game ever.
MGS3 is one of the best game ever.
MGS4 is one of the best game ever.

All of the above are there just because of their story so I expect a lot :/ But then again, I liked MGS4 so HUR HUR... (-_-)

kuYuri

Awesome OP.

Oh shit, just realized the game is coming out a few days before Kojima's scheduled arrival in NYC. This gives me even more time to prepare. :D

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Great OP! Although I already finished the game I still have to understand allthe codecs combos.. do all the extra op, co op etc.. etc.. I feel I only scratched the surface of the game!

Also the US version will have an extra scene right?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I can't use adhoc party because I have a launch 20GB PS3. Am I fucked?

-Winnie-

Nice work on the OP.

So hyped, but it's a shame we don't have a simultaneous release. However that could be a good thing, since it would've come out right in the middle of my exams. :lol

ptown

I'm considering getting a PSP just for this game.

I may even double dip (import and English version).

What kind of hype is this?!

DieH@rd

Banned
bistromathics said:

There is a nice homebrew for PSP, called RemoteJoy. It transfers PSP video to PC, and from there you can trasfer it to TV if you like. Use of PSPSlim is highly reccomended [cos it had double ammount of ram.] It even does some nice upscaling [win7 has some overlay problems, i didnt manage to enable upscaling on it].
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334119

IMG_1026.jpg

050920082229.jpg

UrbanRats

Man, Ashley Wood it really is a master.
I got the special edition of Lore and it's beautiful, i'm really happy that it's become officially involved in the main game aswell(i remember the animated movie from a while back?)

DieH@rd

Banned
MGS5 challenge! Can someone provide some funny PeaceWalker pic that will be placed instead of MGS4 BigBoss?

1z7390j.gif

Some ashley wood art or something.

Top Bottom