• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

No_Style

I'm going to have to take a rain check on the getting this game though. (Too many other games)

Will try to keep tabs on the the thread though for impressions and what not.

Vespa

You can get the game for £16.93 at The Hut if you use the 10BANK voucher code. (EDIT: as said on page 1..)

No Collector's edition or Accessory set for Europe?! Son of a-

Any higher res pics of the AshxShinkawa art? So pumped for this!

DieH@rd

Banned
DieH@rd said:
MGS5 challenge! Can someone provide some funny PeaceWalker pic that will be placed instead of MGS4 BigBoss?

1z7390j.gif

Some ashley wood art or something.

Repost for page 3.

54-46!

jetsetfluken said:
Haven't been following PW, but...MGS5? Has anything official been said about that being a proper alternative title?
It was called MGS5 during development, there was even an alternate logo with 5 in it.

Gomu Gomu

Will this game give us any sign on how did Big Boss become the evil character he was in MG1?

I'm very interested in the game. And OP was so well done, it read like a PR :lol .

EYEL1NER

Wow, this is an amazing Official Thread. Great job, you may have sold me a game. And I haven't even charged my PSP in probably 7 months at least. But now I have to.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh fuck. I forgot this was coming out so soon.

Guess it'll be bought day one.

Yen

EYEL1NER said:
Wow, this is an amazing Official Thread. Great job, you may have sold me a game. And I haven't even charged my PSP in probably 7 months at least. But now I have to.
That's understandable because the PSP has a bad library of games...
/sarcasm

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
OK, so what's the word on this game running on CFW PSPs?

I have a PSP3000 with CFW that I would like to use for this, but I fear that it will not run. I don't want to eliminate CFW from that PSP either.

If it will run straight from the UMD, I'll be all over it.

Vespa

Dabookerman said:
I take it there is no limited edition or fancy version of the game coming out in UK?

I want the accessory pack!
HMV is doing an exclusive sleeve and that's about it :/

Gomu Gomu said:
Will this game give us any sign on how did Big Boss become the evil character he was in MG1?

I'm very interested in the game. And OP was so well done, it read like a PR :lol .
I guess you could consider it a retcon but with MGS3 you learn two things...

1) We're told throughout the whole game that Boss is evil, and then after she dies we learn shes a hero despite going down in history as one of the biggest villains (which was stated by Eva in the epilogue)

2) Big Boss is bad ass and honorable (at the time at least)

I think the story of MGS3 was trying to say that Big Boss went down like the Boss. He was a hero but went down in history as a villain. Thats my interpretation anyway.

And they really continued on that path with the MGS4 ending and now with Peace Walker.

You have to remember that Zero (who became Big Boss' enemy) created a clone of Big Boss which of course would have freaked him out and is why Big Boss initially wanted to kill Snake. Also, in the MGS Database it states that Big Boss was a snatcher during the events of MG2 which means that he wasn't really himself and it explains why weird shit happened (like child soldiers). If Big Boss was truly evil at any point, it was during the events of MG2 (at least in the post MGS4 universe).

Yen

infinityBCRT said:
I guess you could consider it a retcon but with MGS3 you learn two things...

1) We're told throughout the whole game that Boss is evil, and then after she dies we learn shes a hero despite going down in history as one of the biggest villains (which was stated by Eva in the epilogue)

2) Big Boss is bad ass and honorable (at the time at least)

I think the story of MGS3 was trying to say that Big Boss went down like the Boss. He was a hero but went down in history as a villain. Thats my interpretation anyway.

And they really continued on that path with the MGS4 ending and now with Peace Walker.

You have to remember that Zero (who became Big Boss' enemy) created a clone of Big Boss which of course would have freaked him out and is why Big Boss initially wanted to kill Snake. Also, in the MGS Database it states that Big Boss was a snatcher during the events of MG2 which means that he wasn't really himself and it explains why weird shit happened (like child soldiers). If Big Boss was truly evil at any point, it was during the events of MG2 (at least in the post MGS4 universe).
A Snatcher? I haven't played Mg1 or 2 or Snatcher so could you fill me in?

hxa155

Gomu Gomu said:

Does he have to be evil? It's just that he had a different vision than the patriots that's all.

Rollo Larson said:
no special treats for me...getting the psn version
You get the special treat of having faster loading times, more battery life, no UMD cranking sound, and you're going to be able to use it on the PSP2. That sounds like a treat to me.

54-46! said:
So is the PSN version out on June 8 as well? or is it thursday?

PSPGo owner here.
It should be up Tuesday. Probably even before the PSN update because it's such a big release. Hopefully at midnight.

I was hoping concrete news of the PSP2 would have leaked out by now so I wouldn't have to make a tough decision on when/what to buy in terms of PSP-3000, PSP Go and UMD MGSPW or PSN MGSPW

infinityBCRT said:
I was hoping concrete news of the PSP2 would have leaked out by now so I wouldn't have to make a tough decision on when/what to buy in terms of PSP-3000, PSP Go and UMD MGSPW or PSN MGSPW
If money's not an problem, get the Go + PW download. Not only will you be getting the best PSP, but you will probably be able to play that copy of PW on the PSP2. Otherwise I would suggest getting a 3000 + the download. If you buy the UMD, you will not be able to play it on the PSP2.

Blu_LED said:
If money's not an problem, get the Go + PW download. Not only will you be getting the best PSP, but you will probably be able to play that copy of PW on the PSP2. Otherwise I would suggest getting a 3000 + the download. If you buy the UMD, you will not be able to play it on the PSP2.
Is Portable Ops on PSN? If not, then I won't be able to play that if I get a Go.

faridmon

I still haven't finished Portable Ops because of the bloody controls.

1- Is it better for me to finish that and then play this?
2- Is the controls better than Portable Ops?

thanks in advance.

faridmon said:
I still haven't finished Portable Ops because of the bloody controls.

1- Is it better for me to finish that and then play this?
2- Is the controls better than Portable Ops?

thanks in advance.
1. For story reasons, yeah. But if you really can;t get through it, just watch the cut scenes on Youtube.

2. Yes, insanely better. There's a demo on PSN. Go try it.

Minamu

Great OP as always :) I hope zavvi is nice enough to send this to me fast! Gonna have to check out this RemoteJoy thing for once even though I don't have a slim. Is it possible to turn off the PSP screen and still use the buttons for controls to save battery life?

Edit: Oh wait, duckroll, you bought the PSN version right? How big is it? :S

Top Bottom