• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
still haven't even been charged for my copy

I'm using free shipping tho

TxdoHawk

Emily Chu said:
the 360 version is WEIRD

RB to go into first person

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

press LB to have gun up and run...

loving the 60 FPS 720p for Snake Eater

smoooooooooooooooooth

Thank you for doing this. I sincerely appreciate it. Reconsidering my 360 purchase now though...maybe I will go PS3 instead, this just sounds bizarre.

Phatcorns

Emily Chu said:
the 360 version is WEIRD

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

loving the 60 FPS 720p for Snake Eater

smoooooooooooooooooth

Wait, I thought that in the PS2 versions, you pressed R1 to go first person and then pressing square brought your gun to the ready and then fired it. Hmm, not sure if I should get PS3 or 360. Would much rather have it on PS3, but friends are getting it for 360 and the online will be vastly superior because of that (not to mention how much better xbl is).

Ridley327

Phatcorns said:
Wait, I thought that in the PS2 versions, you pressed R1 to go first person and then pressing square brought your gun to the ready and then fired it. Hmm, not sure if I should get PS3 or 360. Would much rather have it on PS3, but friends are getting it for 360 and the online will be vastly superior because of that (not to mention how much better xbl is).
This is true, but the reason it worked that way on the PS2 was because of the analog sensitivity of the buttons. The 360 has no analog buttons, hence the need for a workaround.

The problem is they decided on a really stupid workaround.

jsnepo

Do we have any direct feed footage of MGS3 running at 60fps being shown at 60fps? I'd love to see how glorious it is.

Wasn't there supposed to be a PS3-exclusive announcement from KP today?

Phatcorns said:

wut.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mine shipped a couple of hours ago. En route as we post. Tomorrow I'll be capping bad guys as both Snake and Soap.

Emily Chu said:
got it from J&L in ctown NYC GAF
http://i.imgur.com/HLjy5.jpg[/IMG

the 360 version is WEIRD

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

[/QUOTE]

um, wow. I thought they'd map it to the triggers.

I mean how nightmarish will the Vita controls be without stick clicks and only one pair of shoulder buttons.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Linkzg said:
um, wow. I thought they'd map it to the triggers.

I mean how nightmarish will the Vita controls be without stick clicks and only one pair of shoulder buttons.

They got the touch screen they can use. Use touch screen to mess with inventory, shoulder buttons freed.

Wario64 said:
They got the touch screen they can use. Use touch screen to mess with inventory, shoulder buttons freed.

that might require more effort than a 1:1 port

this calls for a reach around

and I just realized there will be two sets of trophies for MGS2 and MGS3 between the PS3 and Vita versions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well if people are getting theirs overnight atleast I'll be able to hear artbook impressions before my card is charged.

:)

:')

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Linkzg said:

and I just realized there will be two sets of trophies for MGS2 and MGS3 between the PS3 and Vita versions.

Well yeah, I think they will take advantage with whatever they can with the Vita.

As for trophies, I wouldn't put it past them to have both versions use the same trophy sets. That way you can truly transfar between the two games. Still wonder how it works with Peacewalker, would you simply lose the ability to gain trophies if you play it on PSP and transfar back?

Ridley327

Linkzg said:

Vita exclusive trophies like Big Boss runs!

Phatcorns

SLEEPS7ALK3R said:

In other words, I will actually play online because I will have friends to play with. Not implying the network code or something will be better on xbl. I am however saying that the party chat system and the invite system and the friends list is vastly superior on xbl over psn.

EDIT: Oh, you just didn't know there was online, got it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
Well yeah, I think they will take advantage with whatever they can with the Vita.

As for trophies, I wouldn't put it past them to have both versions use the same trophy sets. That way you can truly transfar between the two games. Still wonder how it works with Peacewalker, would you simply lose the ability to gain trophies if you play it on PSP and transfar back?

Yeah I was wondering about that

I was going to just plug in my save initially and see if it unlocked any trophies

Ridley327

Wario64 said:

The way they figured this out is that when you start a game on the PS3, it digitally signs the save file to your PSN ID. That way, when you transfar to the PSP and back, the game will know that it's a "legit" save file. This also solves the problem of swapping PS3 saves between other systems for exploits.

Ridley327

Of course, given the crazy shit that the PSP homebrew scene has been able to pull off, I wonder if they'll end up finding a way to fake the signature on the Peace Walker save file.

WTF... I swear Amazon said this game was coming out on the 14th. I was thinking about canceling due to my already huge backlog, but my order shipped, so its too late now. Oh well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So did anyone try out Snake Eater? Confirm that it's 60fps :D? It just seem so unreal that I'll be playing it in 60... especially considering that I never even played it in 30 (my PS2 could only run it in mid-25s)

CyReN

I've never played the series but have heard great things, has the series aged terribly or will it still play good compared to todays "standards", also any series or games that compare to this?

Top Bottom