• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Anyone who has it on PS3, did you have to install before starting the game?

bone_and_sinew said:
MGS3 is my favorite game ever so I'm playing that first. Then I'm doing Peace Walker since it's all new to me. Then I'm doing an entire playthrough of the series starting with the original Metal Gears (well except for Portable Ops because I don't have a PSP but that shit was stupid anyway).

I accidentally spoiled a bit of the Peace Walker story (probably a huge bit - had to do with the villian of the game) by highlighting a spoiler tag. I hate the fact that people use that tag for punchlines/non spoilers, but I hate myself more for highlighting them. I'm still looking forward to the gameplay.

UberTag

SkylineRKR said:
So transfarring only nets you trophies if you actually started the game on your own Ps3.

Well, the PSP did not have trophies either but I think I want them on Ps3 so I'll guess I have to restart PW regardless.
If this means I can start up a new Peace Walker game on my PS3, transfar my save over to the PSP, play it on there and then transfar it back to my console to get trophies... well, I'm actually pretty stoked about this.

TUROK

I'm watching the review on Gametrailers right now. The anti-aliasing looks fantastic. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks similar in quality to 8x MSAA.

O M G

DAT TROPHY at the end of the review!

(^__________^)

Also, enough can't be said about how great everything looks, especially due to them upresing the actual 2D art.

I'm excited to play PW for a third time. Especially with sharper visuals and online multi-player. I solo'd the whole game the first time through, not having anyone with a PSP to play with at the time.

Some people hate it, but PW is a fantastic game in my opinion.

RyougaSaotome said:
I'm excited to play PW for a third time. Especially with sharper visuals and online multi-player. I solo'd the whole game the first time through, not having anyone with a PSP to play with at the time.

Some people hate it, but PW is a fantastic game in my opinion.

I agree, thought PW was excellent and got through by myself aswell. The satisfaction of beating the tougher bosses by myself after 30+mins or more was unbelievable. I think PW with proper online functionality could be awesome.

Zep said:
And was the lip synching always that bad? I don't remember it seeming so...off.

I guess they didn't adapt it to the English language. I remember a scene with Eva in which she didn't move her lips at all, yet there was voice acting.

Any word on the games being available on PSN today?

Auron_Kale said:
PS3 LE get!
1aaa89b0.jpg

Worked my GS' midnight for MW3 so I had to wait until everyone was gone to pickup. From what I saw in the boxes, we only had about 4-5 total LE's (including my own) and at least 3 were for PS3.
Were there any extra LE's or were all pre-orders? Everytime I asked my local GS they didn't have it in the system.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Motherfucker. I saw pics of the art book so I ordered an LE on Amazon. It says they're getting more copies in a few days (360), but if they don't, it's probably for the best so I can save some money and just buy this later. No Black Friday for me.

leng jai said:
This is gonna be my first ever experience with MGS3.

Whose jelly?

I'm jealous that you're about to play the greatest game ever made for the first time and I will never ever be able to do that again, yes

Yen

Sephiroth503 said:
I agree, thought PW was excellent and got through by myself aswell. The satisfaction of beating the tougher bosses by myself after 30+mins or more was unbelievable. I think PW with proper online functionality could be awesome.
I think the
Peace Walker
boss fight took me a full hour!

Shurs

Seriously considering the 360 version, as I'd have more potential co-op partners.

What are the downsides to the 360 version?

Yen

Shurs said:
Seriously considering the 360 version, as I'd have more potential co-op partners.

What are the downsides to the 360 version?
Awkward controls for 2 and 3. Don't know about PW

Ridley327

Pai Pai Master said:
So they kept the pressure-sensitive controls for the PS3 version and couldn't figure out how to map them for the 360 controller?
I kinda think CQC is better on the 360 because of that.

Aiming, on the other hand...

jett

D-Member
Those 360 controls are just lulz. If bluepoint/Konami had any brains they would've made use of the analog triggers.

omgkitty

icespide said:
fuck it I picked up a standard edition this morning to play while waiting for my LE to get here. I am weak

Couldn't you have just popped in an older copy of the game? Seems like that would make more sense / be a lot cheaper.

Phatcorns

Now that I think about I'm not sure I see what's wrong with the 360 controls. In just about every first person shooter you click in the stick to zoom in with weapons, so what's wrong with it in this game? You only have to click it once to bring the weapon up, correct? If you had to hold it down, that'd be different though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, so they didn't change the main theme MGS-song in MGS2/3 for this HD version?

Templar Wizard said:
MGS2 is fine, tanker is great, then it takes a HUUUUUGE downturn.

MGS3 is one of the best ever, so many ways to play the game: starve out troops, go total Rambo, animal carer, vegetarian non lethal etc..
and has the best endgame in any title ever! and thats from Kojima, the master of bloatware and gibberish horseshit.

Peace Walker, takes the less if more approach of MGS3 and adds... more. not in the bullshit MGS4 way, but with some simple grinding and resource management.

truely a STEAL for the price it is.
the only negative is that they arent in 3d...
Don't believe this mans lies! MGS2 is the greatest video game ever made!!

icespide

Banned
omgkitty said:
Couldn't you have just popped in an older copy of the game? Seems like that would make more sense / be a lot cheaper.
you're trying to apply rational thinking to my metal gear fanboyism

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ridley327 said:
Nope; all of the music is unchanged from how they were on the PS2. Rejoice!
This is the best news I've heard in a while! Thank you!!!!!

Really can't wait to play MGS2 and 3 again...

Phatcorns

Yoshichan said:
Wait, so they didn't change the main theme MGS-song in MGS2/3 for this HD version?

The main theme of Metal Gear Solid 1 didn't appear at all except for one really short hint of the melody in 3. It did however appear in 2. Starting with 3, the main theme of the series became the one that Gregson-Williams used in this game.

Top Bottom