• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Blablurn

not as fancy as liquidus collection but im working on it. all are different versions of course.

1rajub.jpg

2a28g7.jpg

3twjre.jpg

and probably the only one that really matters

4lt8bl.jpg

after trying to get an autograph for ages i finally got one at the ubi soft press area at gamescom 09. i was shakin' back then because i was soooo excited.

and before someone asks. i've got peace walker as a download on psn. but im gonna buy a boxed version for sure.

Liquidus said:
Yeah I want it but when I was looking I ended up getting the KonamiStyle LE instead. Got a tattoo instead lol.

Agreed. That art book is glorious!
I see, well great tatoo anyways, really. (and you'll probably be getting the LE ZOE HD collection witch will be like the A:ZOE SE edition with HD graphics :))

about TShirts, I got 2 UNIQLO peace walker :
peace-walker-e1272537757237.jpg

640px-008.jpg

Yoshichan>caved in TODAY (not sure if I'll get it though? stocks?) and got mine through gamestop because I wanted the LE. (shipping is ridiculous though ...) (usually I go with videogamesplus)

planetaxel.com looks really cool since they ship from Europe! how did I not hear about this before ??

Ridley327

_dementia said:
No kidding.
To anyone who has never played Peace Walker: you honestly have no idea how much of an upgrade the HD version is over the PSP original. You won't have to suffer through a god-awful framerate, terrible dithering, ridiculous load times and unsuitable controls and you should be thankful for this.

On the other hand, I sure hope you like fighting tanks and helicopters!

icespide

Banned
Ridley327 said:
To anyone who has never played Peace Walker: you honestly have no idea how much of an upgrade the HD version is over the PSP original. You won't have to suffer through a god-awful framerate, terrible dithering, ridiculous load times and unsuitable controls and you should be thankful for this.

I played maybe a 3rd of peace walker on the PSP and just eventually gave up on it hoping/believing a PS3 release would happen. so excited to play it on my big ass tv

The lip synchro was that bad in the original? Because it looks like they just remastered the japanese cutscenes and put the english dubs on top of it.

Ridley327

iKeepPlaying said:
The lip synchro was that bad in the original? Because it looks like they just remastered the japanese cutscenes and put the english dubs on top of it.
Believe it or not, it was; MGS2 & 3 never had particularly great lip synch. That's actually always been one of the biggest faults that KojiPro has had.

Ridley327 said:
Believe it or not, it was; MGS2 & 3 never had particularly great lip synch. That's actually always been one of the biggest faults that KojiPro has had.
Damn, my mind is playing tricks on me then. I thought MGS2 had great lip synchro... but if it's just the same as MGS3... then =/!

iKeepPlaying said:

Yeah seriously, I never got wtf was wrong with them? lip sync is worst than a lot of MUCH lower budgeted games o_O

Ridley327

Honestly, the only time I've been impressed with the lip synch in Japanese games with English audio have been RE4/5 and Silent Hill 3, but those had a major advantage in only having English audio.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Danny 117 said:
Is it confirmed yet if you can carry the
Sword
to a new playthrough in the
Plant chapter?
I remember an image of the collection surfacing with the
sword
on his back in a scene where he shouldn't have it.

It was probably a shot of an Alternative Mission. Lots of them take place in the Plant. Some have you playing as Raiden equipped with the HF Blade.

Sub_Level said:
It was probably a shot of an Alternative Mission. Lots of them take place in the Plant. Some have you playing as Raiden equipped with the HF Blade.

The shot in question was actually from a cutscene. I think it was when Raiden meets
Fortune at the bottom of Strut A
. I can't remember if the Alt missions had cutscenes or not.

Whoever was taking the screenshots probably had a bunch of dev shit turned on and overlooked it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Ridley327 said:

PW was my top MGS game of all time.. but I worry if fighting the tanks/helicopter re-skins 10 times each will translate to console very well. It's one thing to be half fighting a tank/half watching a game on tv and to just be fighting a tank.

The better controls though should make it infinitely easier though, though I did get pretty good with the shit control of the PSP. Are they upping the difficulty of PW to account for a control scheme that actually works?

Ridley327

NervousXtian said:
PW was my top MGS game of all time.. but I worry if fighting the tanks/helicopter re-skins 10 times each will translate to console very well. It's one thing to be half fighting a tank/half watching a game on tv and to just be fighting a tank.

The better controls though should make it infinitely easier though, though I did get pretty good with the shit control of the PSP. Are they upping the difficulty of PW to account for a control scheme that actually works?
To be honest, I don't think we're going to know until guys like us dig into EXTRA OPS in the HD version. Reviewers certainly aren't going to help out in that department and there's going to be a lot of first-time players to the game. Granted, stuff like the CG Fulton is going to continue to make those fights a non-issue, but I'm not sure if they felt it was necessary to rebalance the whole game like that.

B.K.

DanteRavenkin said:
Woohoo! I just got my phone call from EB Games telling me my LE Copy for PS3 is ready as of tomorrow!

I am excited.

I got a text message from Gamestop a few hours ago saying mine would be ready tomorrow morning. I'm not going to be able to get it until tomorrow evening though. :(

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Ridley327 said:
To be honest, I don't think we're going to know until guys like us dig into EXTRA OPS in the HD version. Reviewers certainly aren't going to help out in that department and there's going to be a lot of first-time players to the game. Granted, stuff like the CG Fulton is going to continue to make those fights a non-issue, but I'm not sure if they felt it was necessary to rebalance the whole game like that.

That CG Fulcom was so damned handy. I can't remember how many hours I put into PW, but it was over 100 I think. The PSP is such an easy machine to grind with..

..how are they going to handle recruiting? Wi-Fi recruiting was so handy to fill my ranks before grinding high rated guys for hours on end.

My amazon order hadn't shipped about an hour ago with 2 day shipping (it was scheduled for Dec 14th for some reason). Changed it to one day shipping and it's already about to go out the door. Something fucked up with the 2-day shipping. They'll probably fix it soon though. Oh well, I'm only out $4 for the 1 day shipping.

Emily Chu

Banned
got it from J&L in ctown NYC GAF
HLjy5.jpg

the 360 version is WEIRD

RB to go into first person

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

press LB to have gun up and run...

loving the 60 FPS 720p for Snake Eater

smoooooooooooooooooth

Emily Chu said:
got it from J&L in ctown NYC GAF
HLjy5.jpg

the 360 version is WEIRD

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

loving the 60 FPS 720p for Snake Eater

smoooooooooooooooooth

omg they really did it, konami/bluepoint lololololol

jackdoe

Hitoribhoshi said:
Yeah seriously, I never got wtf was wrong with them? lip sync is worst than a lot of MUCH lower budgeted games o_O
It was pretty well documented at the time that they were using some sort of program to lip synch which was designed for Japanese phonetics. So when they threw in English VA into the program, you got MGS2.

Emily Chu said:
the 360 version is WEIRD

left click to ready gun

LB to iron sights

X to fire

Eww. Should have gone with the Twin Snakes set up. While not ideal, it sure beats the sound of that setup.

jackdoe

Ridley327 said:
Left click as in pressing the stick in, or the left trigger?
It can't be the left trigger, otherwise you can't access items.

But why would you need to differentiate between RB and LB to get "iron sights" though. It should be the same button.

-edit-
Oops. Forgot about run and gun. But then, why not just make X run and gun?

Ridley327

jackdoe said:

But why would you need to differentiate between RB and LB to get "iron sights" though. It should be the same button.
Well, none of the controls make any sense already, so why the hell not.

jackdoe said:

Remember that your gun isn't up by default in first person view.

Ridley327

Red Blaster said:
So that's how they got around the analog problem; they're making you press two different buttons to fire a gun.

Wow.

jackdoe

Red Blaster said:
Yeah, but in the PS2 version, ready gun with square and get iron sights with R1. You could easily apply the same thing for the 360 version and have an "aim cancel button" instead.

Now that I think about it, how the hell do you change camera angles in Subsistence if you have left stick click ready the gun? That makes no sense.

RedSwirl

Huh. My Amazon order shipped (even though I thought I cancelled it) and it says I should get it on the 8th.

...guess I gotta cancel that GameStop pre-order.

Top Bottom