• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

UGH WTF. Had to update my CC to reflect the proper Exp date on Payment Info and now my delivery est. has changed to Dec.12

This shit better fix itself! >=(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
That's good to hear. I guess they paid the original composer royalties or settled?
If they did pay him then they should patch MGS4 and change "Here's To You" :p

Ridley327

_dementia said:
That's good to hear. I guess they paid the original composer royalties or settled?
Well, there is technically no actual legal issue as it exists right now, as the original composer is dead and his estate hasn't actually brought any charges towards Konami. Konami was just trying to cover its ass by not having the theme in other games.

omgkitty

AgentOtaku said:
UGH WTF. Had to update my CC to reflect the proper Exp date on Payment Info and now my delivery est. has changed to Dec.12

This shit better fix itself! >=(

Yeah I have had issues with CC information on Amazon before. One time my billing address got changed and I had to slow down an order of like 5 or 6 things. It's a pain in the ass because there is no easy way to deal with it. Just yesterday I sold a game on there and when I went to deposit it told me my info was wrong. Now I have to figure that crap out! Good luck!

Ridley327 said:
Ahem, we're supposed to be blaming Tappy Iwase for the supposed plagiarism!

Ithil said:
That theme was in MGS, which Gregson-Williams did not score.

Of course guys, i was confused. The theme was there in MGS on the PSX. Harry perfected it. MGS 2 intro theme is the best in the series! Goosebumps! :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PepsimanVsJoe said:
360 version has a funky control setup? Guess I gotta deal.
Amazon has already taken my money(still haven't shipped the game though).
If it gives you cancel option, you can still get a refund

omgkitty said:
Yeah I have had issues with CC information on Amazon before. One time my billing address got changed and I had to slow down an order of like 5 or 6 things. It's a pain in the ass because there is no easy way to deal with it. Just yesterday I sold a game on there and when I went to deposit it told me my info was wrong. Now I have to figure that crap out! Good luck!

Switched it from free shipping to standard. Hope this speeds processing up. I at least need the comfort in seeing "Shipping soon"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
iKeepPlaying said:
You know why they used "Here's To You", right?
... for the fans?

icespide

Banned
edit: someone has already claimed it. w00t

once I get my LE copy, does anyone want to take this standard copy off my hands for like $30? in the US? I'll gladly pay for shipping. PM me

is it not appropriate to post that in these types of threads?

Kweh said:
What's wrong with the 360 controls? Do they not mirror the Dual Shock layout?

They can't, as the
superior
Dual Shock has pressure-sensitive face buttons. I'm curious how they've dealth with it, but it certainly can't be as good.

Yoshichan

_dementia said:
Sixaxis and Dualshock 3 don't have pressure sensitive face buttons either
Face buttons? Every button (including the D-pad) on the DS3 is pressure sensitive except for L2 and R2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not sure what's up with Amazon and this game. Mine did ship, but it's scheduled to show up tomorrow rather than release day (which is generally not the case).

I'm pretty sure they do have pressure sensitive buttons. How else would one have played MGS2 and 3 on a PS3 (prior to the removal of BC)? They worked perfectly.

_dementia said:

Yes they do. Otherwise backwards-compatible MGS2 and 3 would have been unplayable on PS3.

dark10x said:
Not sure what's up with Amazon and this game. Mine did ship, but it's scheduled to show up tomorrow rather than release day (which is generally not the case).

Yeah, it sucks. For some reason Amazon never offered release-day delivery for this.

Yoshichan

MGS2 is gonna feel so weird to play without CQC :(

Yoshichan

iKeepPlaying said:
Here's To You is the ending theme of the movie based on the court case of Sacco e Vanzetti.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacco_and_Vanzetti
In the "other" ending of MGS4, Snake and Otacon were supposed to be executed for the crimes they commited.

That's why they picked it.
Ah, I remember reading about this but completely forgot about it. The original song was a bit more up-beat if I remember correctly? But still, I'm not a huge fan of the song, despite knowing the story behind it.

I'll never understand why people still use Amazon after all the horror stories I've read.

Sitting at my desk at work, hugging my LE I just got this mornning.

Criminal Upper said:
I'll never understand why people still use Amazon after all the horror stories I've read.

Sitting at my desk at work, hugging my LE I just got this mornning.

I've never had a problem with them. What's the difference between waiting until I get home and having it at my doorstep, or looking like a big nerd at work? :p

Yoshichan

Pai Pai Master said:
That would have been such a stupid ending. People complain about the
Big Boss
ending and we could have gotten that. God damn.
Why... would that be stupid? Just curious.

Pai Pai Master said:
Big Boss
Why?
I think it would've been awesome that kind of ending.

Snake and Otacon did wrong in their past, and the price of that should be a punishment.

Pai Pai Master said:
Big Boss
Actually, that ending would have been incredibly interesting.

Yoshichan said:
Why... would that be stupid? Just curious.

Maybe if MGS2 and MGS4 had covered more of Snake and Otacon's operations post-MGS1 it would have made more sense. We do know that they were considered terrorists and that they were outlaws, but if Kojima and co. hadn't gone further into detail during the two games, then they're suddenly caught and executed after saving the world, that would have been even more out of left field than what actually happened.

Just my opinion...I can see it working if they had fit that concept into the stories better. I don't have a problem with the ending the way it is now. If
Snake did just end up killing himself, I think I would have been okay with that too.
There aren't too many ways I could see them ending MGS4 after building up so much of a convoluted mess, but that wouldn't have been one of them I'd enjoy. It's a great concept for how the story could have ended up, it just doesn't really jive with the rest of the series.

Ridley327 said:
There's some good news for you here, here and here.
Oh yeah... I don't have time for any of this but I'm glad to see it. Some of those are going to be a pain, and I imagine I'll get the peace walker ones first just because I never played it and will spend most of my time there. I'm still trying to decide if I do this in order release, chronological order or just play PW first since I haven't played it.

TheExodu5

Banned
I tried playing The Twin Snakes over the weekend in anticipation...it sucks though. No, I'm not talking about the cutscenes. The framerate is what sucks. It's all over the place. Jumps in between 30fps and 60fps quite a bit, which is annoying and jarring.

I probably wouldn't care for the original PSX version anymore either...I remember hating the controls and overall gameplay.

Anyways, got my LE. Looks nice! I'm definitely looking forward to replaying MGS2 and MGS3 (60fps!!!), and this will be my first go at Peace Walker.

Yoshichan

Pai Pai Master said:
If
Snake did just end up killing himself, I think I would have been okay with that too.
It's a pity everyone and their mom knew that he
wouldn't kill himself throughout the game
because it was being shown in trailers way too much. I still think that was a stupid decision from Konami. By showing us that Snake
wanted to kill himself so much in the trailers, they pretty much confirmed that he won't be doing that. Heck, even the main menu of the game shows us Snake holding the gun towards his mouth.

TheExodu5 said:
I tried playing The Twin Snakes over the weekend in anticipation...it sucks though. No, I'm not talking about the cutscenes. The framerate is what sucks. It's all over the place. Jumps in between 30fps and 60fps quite a bit, which is annoying and jarring.

I probably wouldn't care for the original PSX version anymore either...I remember hating the controls and overall gameplay.

PSX version still works totally fine for what the game was supposed to be, IMO. MGS1 isn't really an action game and Twin Snakes tried too hard to make it so by incorporating the MGS2 system. Similar to comparing MGS2 to MGS3 and 4 it really plays more like a puzzle game than anything else, and the new additions really made it less of a straightforward experience.

Twin Snakes sucks. I don't care about the cutscenes, that's another director's vision and Kojima was apparently in support of those changes. That's not why it sucks. It fucking feels bad to play compared to MGS1.

Yoshichan said:
It's a pity everyone and their mom knew that he
wouldn't kill himself throughout the game
because it was being shown in trailers way too much. I still think that was a stupid decision from Konami. By showing us that Snake
wanted to kill himself so much in the trailers, they pretty much confirmed that he won't be doing that. Heck, even the main menu of the game shows us Snake holding the gun towards his mouth.

Totally agree. Unlike most of GAF I absolutely love the
Big Boss
ending, but if Konami hadn't shown
Snake putting the gun in his mouth from like, the 2nd freakin' trailer, we wouldn't have seen it coming and ending the game that way could have had way more impact. Because we knew it was going to happen at some point, the bait-and-switch gave it more impact than if it had actually happened, IMO.

Starting to get off topic though...but I'm bored waiting to replay MGS2, AKA the greatest game of all time.

Salaadin

Wasnt Peace Walker only 4 player co-op? Why does the back of the box say "Network Players 1-6"? Did they up it for the collection?

Top Bottom