• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

teknix

Neo Member
Watching the Japanese version of Kojima Station, Hideo seems a lot more outgoing and unreserved compared to when he is around English speaking media.

This thing about Hideo trying something never done in games before with TPP probably could have to do with him breaking the 4th wall and actually putting himself in the game. He's done it with GZ, maybe he's hinting that will actually happen again in TPP and play a bigger role this time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching the Japanese version of Kojima Station, Hideo seems a lot more outgoing and unreserved compared to when he is around English speaking media.

This thing about Hideo trying something never done in games before with TPP probably could have to do with him breaking the 4th wall and actually putting himself in the game. He's done it with GZ, maybe he's hinting that will actually happen again in TPP and play a bigger role this time.

My guess is he'll be an S-rank POW like in Peace Walker.

teknix

Neo Member
As cool as the iDroid looks, which will probably sell pretty well in Japan. I think a lot of people will have problems whipping that thing out in an airport or subway in the U.S.

With the antenna and bulky design, I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement or TSA mistake that thing for a v-snuke detonator the first few times they see it. I hope that misunderstanding doesn't get anyone hurt. Carry some heal spray just in case.. AHHHHHHH

nordique

Just started GZ

No David hayter = weird. I don't like it

Though jack is a better voice actor.

But no hayter is just "wrong"

valkyre

New Kojima Station English episode (No 5) is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH3WWp-VdGM

Just in case some one is interested :)

Robin Atkin Downes has his moments lol

Of course the one question that kept coming up was how it felt to be ‘played like a damn fiddle’. Robin ensured it felt great. “You’re about to see some major music coming out of Kaz in the next game.” he teased. “Fiddling is just the beginning of it.”

Just started GZ

No David hayter = weird. I don't like it

Though jack is a better voice actor.

But no hayter is just "wrong"

I disagree, he's not a very good VA at all. He's a good real life actor, but doing voices alone? His lines are delivered pretty flat. Not gruff, just flat.

glaurung

I disagree, he's not a very good VA at all. He's a good real life actor, but doing voices alone? His lines are delivered pretty flat. Not gruff, just flat.
I concur.

Kiefer is not a very good actor - period. Does not matter whether face or voice. 24 and his endless tirade of nonsensical horror movies is proof enough.

I don't really know what Hideo sees in him, beside the Hollywood stench.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ground-zeroesrmqxg.png

Betty

Banned
The artwork is amazing, loving the stylized look.

How in the hell do you S-Rank the Anti-aircraft mission? Ridiculous.

Game is fun as shit... best game
demo
on PS4 right now.

Others have better methods I'm sure, but personally I just plant C4 on 3 Anti-Aircraft guns, then place some more C4 on the road to take out the tank and voila, done.

Nibel

I just started MGS3 from the MGS Legacy Collection yesterday

The jump in quality in GZ during cutscenes is tremendous compared to 3; just thinking about a full-fledged MGSV with that quality of cinematic cutscenes makes me go nuts
AU7Amsc.gif

News Bot

Banned
I concur.

Kiefer is not a very good actor - period. Does not matter whether face or voice. 24 and his endless tirade of nonsensical horror movies is proof enough.

He was great in Phone Booth.

Others have better methods I'm sure, but personally I just plant C4 on 3 Anti-Aircraft guns, then place some more C4 on the road to take out the tank and voila, done.

You should watch the recent Kojima Station episode posted above. :p

I haven't been able to blow up the tank using C4-- it stops the damn thing, but it doesn't destroy it. I have to get a missile launcher away from a soldier, not easy, to destroy it. And I can't do any of that without getting fucking spotted. Tough as shit mission.

Watching now...thx.

Alienous

I concur.

I caught a glimpse of his work during an episode of 24.

He is a legitimately bad actor. I was shocked. His performance just seemed off.

jett

D-Member
Okay, WTF at that Anti-aircraft run? Amazing...Here I am trying to stealth the shit out of it... I need to rethink the way I play this game. lol

Alternatively, you can try for just an A rank, which will unlock the RPG at the mission's spawn point. From there you can destroy three AA guns and tank with it without any issues. Easiest S-Rank in the game. :p

I don't have the hate for the overall story like many do after MGS4. However, if this unlikely direction becomes reality and Kojima comically spends gameplay hours blending reality with the MGS universe - I will gladly crown Kojima as King Troll.

teknix

Neo Member
I don't have the hate for the overall story like many do after MGS4. However, if this unlikely direction becomes reality and Kojima comically spends gameplay hours blending reality with the MGS universe - I will gladly crown Kojima as King Troll.

Well, based on the recent English episode of Kojima Station, the staff was saying how they are all in the game. They all went through the 3d capture process and during the 2013 E3 Trailer, one of the nurses trying to revive BB was actually Mike Fudge (awesome last name) another Konami employee. So I don't know how much the Kojima will try to break the 4th wall in TPP, but cracks in that wall have already been confirmed by the staff themselves.

Who knows, maybe one of the bosses/villains will be based on the likeness of Shinkawa or something.

So is there a stealthy way to take down the anti-air guns? I know I can C4 them but it really defeats the whole purpose of being stealthy if I'm blowing things up across the base.

Can you rescue all prisoners and still get an S-Rank in the main mission? Also, and I feel really fucking stupid for asking this but, how do you run?

So is there a stealthy way to take down the anti-air guns? I know I can C4 them but it really defeats the whole purpose of being stealthy if I'm blowing things up across the base.

There is a difference between "alerts" and when an enemy radios "contact." I still have not been able to stealth that mission though. The enemies go on full alert about 3-4 minutes in, as they find your ship--just too hard after that.

I'm currently in the process of writing a piece on the money value of Ground Zeroes and I was looking for some help, could some of you reply with your final play times across the whole game, including side ops?

I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Still working on getting all S-Ranks, but I would say that I have put in at least 15 hours. I really suck, though.

Liamc723

I'm currently in the process of writing a piece on the money value of Ground Zeroes and I was looking for some help, could some of you reply with your final play times across the whole game, including side ops?

Can you rescue all prisoners and still get an S-Rank in the main mission? Also, and I feel really fucking stupid for asking this but, how do you run?

There is a difference between "alerts" and when an enemy radios "contact." I still have not been able to stealth that mission though. The enemies go on full alert about 3-4 minutes in, as they find your ship--just too hard after that.

Still working on getting all S-Ranks, but I would say that I have put in at least 15 hours.

Click the L3 button/stick down. Pain in the ass since when I'm walking I often push the stick forward enough to click it and suddenly I'm running when I'm trying to sneak... I hate games that put controls like that to that button.

It was about 6:30 for all missions including doing the first mission twice to unlock Deja Vu, and then doing that.

Click the L3 button/stick down. Pain in the ass since when I'm walking I often push the stick forward enough to click it and suddenly I'm running when I'm trying to sneak... I hate games that put controls like that to that button.

Thx.

I have some quick questions and google has failed me:
1. What are the question marks in the stats screen? Is it to destroy the Easter Island heads?
2. After you kill the second renegade in the Renegade Threat mission, has anyone had Miller suggest watching the enemy tactics? What does he mean? as I am normally booking it to the LZ. Does this relate to the last conversation when he suggests the two Marines were afraid of something worse than death?

Jerrod

Can you rescue all prisoners and still get an S-Rank in the main mission?
Yes. Saving all the prisoners + Paz and Chico gets you 24000 points and you only need a little over 60000 to get S rank. The easiest thing to do is just straight line it to Chico or Paz first tranqing everyone on the way taking your time, put them and the prisoners at the cliff side extraction point near the cages and put them all in the helicopter. Take your time and you should easily complete it under 20 minutes. You will probably also need to turn reflex off (so just memorize where every guard is, there aren't that many, and tranq them all before they see you) and not use any checkpoints or get any alerts. Just move slow straight to Chico and Paz tranquing everybody.

When they go on alert (there is no way to avoid it if you are playing the mission normally, if you speed run it you can finish before the alert starts) it doesn't count against you, and all it does really is increase the guards range of movements, but they are still all on a repeating pattern. So if you need to just observe the guards and see the paths they walk as they will just repeat them.

Thx.

I have some quick questions and google has failed me:
1. What are the question marks in the stats screen? Is it to destroy the Easter Island heads?
2. After you kill the second renegade in the Renegade Threat mission, has anyone had Miller suggest watching the enemy tactics? What does he mean? as I am normally booking it to the LZ. Does this relate to the last conversation when he suggests the two Marines were afraid of something worse than death?
1) The time trials that unlock after completing the missions once and some you'll need to complete the first time trial to unlock the rest.
2) He might say this if you are really slow? Maybe he wants you to pay more attention to where they go so you can take them down easier instead of looking for them all over the level.

Wall of text.

Wow; great post. Thx.

As to the Renegade mission, I completed it in under 8 minutes, so he could not be telling me to hurry (but obviously, I need to be a bit quicker as I still did not get S-rank). lol Also, I think it could be like the Intel mission where you miss the second cassette if you run throug it... there could be more to the Renegade mission, it seems.

When they go on alert (there is no way to avoid it if you are playing the mission normally, if you speed run it you can finish before the alert starts) it doesn't count against you, and all it does really is increase the guards range of movements, but they are still all on a repeating pattern. So if you need to just observe the guards and see the paths they walk as they will just repeat them.

I really don't think there is a way to speed run the Anti-aircraft mission. I use the tactics shown in the last Kojima videocast and I still get at least one "contact." If you try to stealth that mission the alert happens fairly quickly when the CP calls and orders the fireteams to alert status because of the amphibious lander. Anyone got a speedrun of this mission that finishes before the alert happens?

Jerrod

As to the Renegade mission, I completed it in under 8 minutes, so he could not be telling me to hurry (but obviously, I need to be a bit quicker as I still did not get S-rank). lol Also, I think it could be like the Intel mission where you miss the second cassette if you run throug it... there could be more to the Renegade mission, it seems.
If you hold up the 2 targets and make them talk they both say something cryptic about being scared of a ghost or something similar (referencing either Skull Face or Cipher). Here is a speed run of me beating the level in 39 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeAH6msdXE.

I really don't think there is a way to speed run the Anti-aircraft mission. I use the tactics shown in the last Kojima videocast and I still get at least one "contact." If you try to stealth that mission the alert happens fairly quickly when the CP calls and orders the fireteams to alert status because of the amphibious lander. Anyone got a speedrun of this mission that finishes before the alert happens?
Here is my speed run of the level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1onj05hbRDY. I should rephrase what I said about the alert. The alert that happens normally is time based, it goes off at the same time every time. If you speed run it like I did in the video I get an alert early anyway because I just don't care. You can do use the same strategy I use and just be a little sneakier and not get a combat alert (aka a guard spotting you) and still get under 2 minutes I believe, but that still may send the base into a general alert either due to the normal alert going off at its scheduled time or the base going into alert because you were blowing stuff up.

Um... what sorcery is this?

You still didn't S-rank them, though. (A small quibble, I am sure; but I think this is what I meant for speedrun AA without getting spotted.) WTF the grenade for the second guy?! Holy shit.

How did you blow up the tank with the C4 in the AA mission? The only thing I didn't see.

That shit is insane.

Jerrod

You still didn't S-rank them, though. (A small quibble, I am sure; but I think this is what I meant for speedrun AA without getting spotted.) WTF the grenade for the second guy?! Holy shit.

How did you blow up the tank with the C4 in the AA mission? The only thing I didn't see.

That shit is insane.
True, most of my speed runs (check my channel for more) aren't S ranks, but that's because the online leaderboard for the game doesn't differentiate between ranks, just fastest time.

The mobile artillery follows the same path for the most part, and it was just timing and luck that when I blew up the C4 when I was very close to the helicopter that the vehicle was near my C4. You only need 3 C4s to destroy the vehicle, and they don't have to be directly under it, just pretty close. I have multiple speed runs on my channel and almost all have commentary and descriptions that explain the tricks.

13 hours for all missions, about 22 to complete the trophies. I messed around a lot.

SMZC

I've put a bit over 50 hours, myself.

So with all the missions and reruns I've probably put about 10 hrs into this game and in still only at 58 percent completion. I have still yet todo a no kill or no alarm run yet , it always turns to shit :)

Having said that I saw the funniest thing ever in the game last night, at the start when the jeep comes along he just accidentally rams into a patrol dude and kills him, gets out checks him, realises he's dead and just hops back in and drives off, thankfully no alarms or anything.

It's the first time I've ever seen the ai accidentally kill each other .

JayEH

I've probably spent around 30 hours across the PS4 and Xbox versions of the game.

Top Bottom