• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

DieH@rd

Banned
wjbtux.gif

Bish face on Snake, and Banned sign when soldier falls...

You guys recommend I wait till I get a PS4 for this game? I don't really care about pixels and framerate but is there stuff that carries over from Ground Zeroes to the Phantom Pain. I haven't bought any cross gen games yet because I'm worried about how long my PS3 has to live at this point but it's hard to wait for a new Metal Gear :(

Betty

Banned
You guys recommend I wait till I get a PS4 for this game? I don't really care about pixels and framerate but is there stuff that carries over from Ground Zeroes to the Phantom Pain. I haven't bought any cross gen games yet because I'm worried about how long my PS3 has to live at this point but it's hard to wait for a new Metal Gear :(

There is stuff that carries over from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain, and early copies of the game get DLC with even more exclusive stuff that carries over.

Plus, an IGN editor confirmed that you can transfer save data from ps3 - ps4 and from 360 - xbone.

Betty

Banned
Well I meant for him changing his first name, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

We don't know yet, but he supposedly changes it after parting ways with Big Boss. This is Metal Gear 2 canon though, so it could easily be retconned somehow.

AmyS

Incredible OT.

My PS4 anxiously awaits MGSV: Ground Zeroes.

Had no freaking clue there's a GAF print magazine!

edit: wait wut? It's not April 1st yet! ?

LOL

ZeroX03

Banned
Took me 107 mins. And that was with impatience and not playing properly.

Took me 43 minutes playing on Normal. DO NOT LET THAT FOOL YOU PEOPLE. There is a TON of stuff to do in this game, it's great. Eagerly awaiting the glorious PS4 version.

Also if anyone is worried about spoilers,
we have seen 95% of everything.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Is the enemy vision pretty good on Normal? I've seen some guys in streams running pretty far away from guys and still getting spotted and was wondering what mode they were playing.

Took me 43 minutes playing on Normal. DO NOT LET THAT FOOL YOU PEOPLE. There is a TON of stuff to do in this game, it's great. Eagerly awaiting the glorious PS4 version.

Also if anyone is worried about spoilers,
we have seen 95% of everything.
I agree all that side-stuff should pad this out nicely. And I too will get the PS4 version digitally.

I was surprised at the barebones story scenes. I thought there would be a bit more to it but it's pretty much what we've seen for the past year and a half.

Something that they need to change are the way the guards bodies flail around as you shoot, like they're wacky waving inflattable arm flailing tube men. If it's a stylistic choice then I guess it's pretty cool qnd classic Japanese gamey.

Question for those playing on PS3/PS4 - how many trophies are there? And do they seem hard to get, or should platinum be easily obtainable?

Edit: Hah, beaten by Noisepurge :D

Chairhome

Man, not sure if I want to wait till I get a PS4, or just get it on XB1 and possibly double dip when I get a PS4. Probably going to go with the latter just so I can play both "exclusive" missions.

MGS gets me so hyped.

cackhyena

I agree all that side-stuff should pad this out nicely. And I too will get the PS4 version digitally.

I was surprised at the barebones story scenes. I thought there would be a bit more to it but it's pretty much what we've seen for the past year and a half.

Something that they need to change are the way the guards bodies flail around as you shoot, like they're wacky waving inflattable arm flailing tube men. If it's a stylistic choice then I guess it's pretty cool qnd classic Japanese gamey.
Did you mean to quote me there? Didn't get an answer about enemy vision.

smenden18

Neo Member
So hyped! I expect this to be like the MGS2 Demo for me. Played the hell out of the demo when I first got it, and then in the 10 months leading up to release, I would replay in between other games to get hyped for MGS2 proper.

I'm afraid to enter that spoilers thread...

Are there any unlockable skins ? Can you change Snake's uniform ?

And is helicopter radio with custom music still in the game ? I remember reading previews that you can have extraction helicopter coming in with ride of the valkyries playing..

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm afraid to enter that spoilers thread...

Are there any unlockable skins ? Can you change Snake's uniform ?

And is helicopter radio with custom music still in the game ? I remember reading previews that you can have extraction helicopter coming in with ride of the valkyries playing..
You can import your own songs.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Did you mean to quote me there? Didn't get an answer about enemy vision.
Oh shit I meant to reply to both of you!

Enemy Vision seemed pretty sharp on Normal. I doubt that the difficulty affects it. It never has done in previous games.

But that probably doesn't work on ps4 since there is still no custom mp3 support ?

Goddammit sony :/
Damn it you're right! Unless Koji surprises us with USB HDD support.

saw someone streaming this on ps4 last night and watched a bit. i was impressed with how nice it looked (even on the low-quality stream). part of me wants to pick this up, but i've never been a huge fan of the series gameplay. i wonder how much they have changed up the gameplay on this. maybe i'll wait a bit and grab it once it's cheaper. i still have to play tomb raider ps4 edition and want to get infamous: ss at the end of the month.

cackhyena

Oh shit I meant to reply to both of you!

Enemy Vision seemed pretty sharp on Normal. I doubt that the difficulty affects it. It never has done in previous games.

Damn it you're right! Unless Koji surprises us with USB HDD support.
Ah, thanks. They showed in one of the videos...night time run with a voice over explaining things that in hard mode they would have better vision, though. Wondering how that pans out in real play, though. Could just be a slight difference.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ah, thanks. They showed in one of the videos...night time run with a voice over explaining things that in hard mode they would have better vision, though. Wondering how that pans out in real play, though. Could just be a slight difference.
Oh I don't remember that. I'll replay it on Hard and see what I can find.

If I never played the PSP games, am I screwed as far as the story goes?

What is the best way to get caught up on the story from the PSP titles?

Audio tapes will tell more of the past story and also give insight to characters like Paz. So you should be okay. But just in case, watch the PW cutscenes and tapes, at least.

Top Bottom