• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio is the same length as Persona 5 (110-173 hours long), director says

Draugoth

Gold Member
metaphor-refantazio-tera-uma-duracao-semelhante-a-de-persona-5-114029.webp

“Persona 5 was a very bulky game, a very robust game, and this Metaphor: ReFantazio will be able to catch up to that and reach [its length] as well,” Hashino responded when asked if we can expect such a lengthy title. The HowLongtoBeat database reflects that it takes players on average more than 97 hours to finish the main story of Joker's adventure, more than 110 to do the extra content, a figure that rises to 173 to complete it all.

In addition, the director promises that there will be reasons to return to the world of Eucronia after watching the credits: “There's a lot of fun stuff we've added to the game after you play through it that will hopefully make you come back and continue to enjoy it after completing it. We've also done our best to create a very well-paced game, we've done things like adding action elements to the turn-based gameplay.”

“We thought the game was going to be maybe a little bit shorter,” Hashino confesses, ”but we've added so much content and there's so much stuff in here that it definitely has a length like Persona 5.” He also promises that there will be as many anime videos as in P-Studio's game: “We've included a lot of animated cinematic sequences. We had a large volume of them in Persona 5 and we've tried to keep that same approximate amount for Metahpor.”

Source

While I enjoyed Persona 5 Royal, about halfway through it felt way too long and there were several points I thought the game would have ended. I don't knock content, but a game doesn't necessarily have to be bufu hours. Still might check it out.

I really wish games would chill out and just find a good stopping point. Then make part 2. ME2 left people on a huge cliff hanger and it was ok we waited for 3 and thats that.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I really wish games would chill out and just find a good stopping point. Then make part 2. ME2 left people on a huge cliff hanger and it was ok we waited for 3 and thats that.
Games take too long to make. You may need to wait 4-5 years and only if they keep the tech same.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If the game is good and challenging enough, then I'm not complaining.

Length isn't the issue, more like lack of engagement in some games. Give me a fun battle system and an engaging job system and I'm set.

Go_Ly_Dow

The best paced modern Persona games in my opinion are the original P4 and P3 Reload.

P4 Golden is about 5-10hrs too long with the extra segments at the end.

I played the og P5 and that was also dragged out in places and I hear Royal is way bigger? (I've YouTubed the extra dungeon for Royal)

Not complaining as I love all these games and Metaphor is day 1, just that the P4 and P3R are both very lengthy but feel better paced than P5.

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I want it, but I can't handle another 150+ hour JRPG right now. I just finished Tactics Ogre Reborn and I'm still playing FFVII Rebirth. I'll just wait for the inevitable Ultra Mega Edition in a year or two.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I dunno how people took that long to finish Persona 5, but I don't think reaching that level of playtime is necessarily a good goal. Fantastic game - one of my favorites - but it's exhausting. There are very, very few games that I want to reach that level of playtime.

Rikku-X

While I enjoyed Persona 5 Royal, about halfway through it felt way too long and there were several points I thought the game would have ended. I don't knock content, but a game doesn't necessarily have to be bufu hours. Still might check it out.
Then don't play it, this is for us big boys.

Hrk69

Gold Member

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Yeah, I liked Persona 5, but the entire Haru thing with her dad was 20 hours too long and could have been left out. Way too much filler in those games.
lol ahhhhh you think there's "filler" in every game lol

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I enjoy Atlus RPG's gameplay loop, I have no issue being with long.......Press Turn combat super addictive combat system.

Truth.

If a game is fun, engaging, it has good pacing (like you get different members at different times, different abilities etc) i'm ok with it being 100, 200 hours etc.

Because generally speaking, if someone really, really just wanted to run thru and hear the story, its not like a easy setting doesn't exist or something

Top Bottom