• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famistu Metaphor: ReFantazio impressions, overall gameplay feels almost the same as the Persona series

Skelterz

I think its silly to release 3 very similar press-turn jrpgs in one year.
I mean to be fair there was a point where’s we weren’t really getting any JRPG’s of this quality they were few and far between, I think the distinctive theming music and art style is more than enough to justify its release and I’m always welcome to more turn based RPG’s very few are being made of this quality might I add we should genuinely cherish this period.

Did I hear a SMT MUSOU?
Its Friday GIF by HBO Max

I was talking about the structure of the game. I think the game play is the best part of the game. Don't change that, Atlus, just get away from the Persona formula a bit more than what they've done here.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Its Friday GIF by HBO Max

I was talking about the structure of the game. I think the game play is the best part of the game. Don't change that, Atlus, just get away from the Persona formula a bit more than what they've done here.
Oh come on who wouldn't want to play as all the Demons and kill other Demons. The potential is there.

I'm not sure Atlus will ever change their formula. Even when they could feasibly branch out with Fire Emblem they still chose the Persona RPG format.

Top Bottom