• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
Very nice this is as good as bought, but first I will make another run and maybe another non lethal to get the "good" ending.

It's impossible to be non-lethal. There are a bunch of enemies that you have to kill. I also found it weird how the game decides what ending you'll get. The criteria is too harsh imo.

Raptor

It's impossible to be non-lethal. There are a bunch of enemies that you have to kill. I also found it weird how the game decides what ending you'll get. The criteria is too harsh imo.

I read on the wiki that if you are a nice to a lot of people and listen to their convos and forgive enemies and stuff you get it, I will try.

I read on the wiki that if you are a nice to a lot of people and listen to their convos and forgive enemies and stuff you get it, I will try.

Yeah, I know. I was a "good guy" on my playthrough. I killed rather few enemies, listened to people, gave away money, forgave all my enemies -- I even got a little kid his teddy bear back. Still got the "bad ending". I assume the game wants you to only kill enemies "when you have to", which I find to be stupid given the circumstances. Some times it's even hard to tell when you have to kill an enemy and when you don't. But being 100% non-lethal is not possible.

Raptor

Started on Hardcore, HUD is still there, I haven't felt the difference since Im in a non lethal run, reached the catacombs without having killed anyone, even those dudes hanging Pavel, I knocked them out.

What is this?

msV6DjB.png

I don't think I have ever used it.

Raptor

I imagined it was that but since I dind't found them I was curious.

Want to say that this game has stuff that makes me kinda sad, like those skeletons hugging, there is ones that are like families, dad, mom and child hugging nd imagining what happened makes me kinda sad, is really weird that game invokes such feelinsg in me.

Raptor

You don't get NVGs until fairly late in the game if memory serves.

The atmospheric stuff is very well done.

In terms of immersion to me there is not a single thing that takes me out of the game, none, first game that I think is perfect in that aspect, atmosphere and immersion IMO.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Just finished this game last night and loved it. Definitely revisiting it in Stalker/Hardcore someday. But damn, it's going to be brutal, I think I spend too much time hunting loot and admiring the enviro, I was running out of air all the time. Made for some awkward desperate dashes towards safe areas. I have to look into the DLC for sure, moar delicious Metro crack.

I really hope they go open world with the franchise some day. I can only imagine how amazing it could be to explore the Metro with the freedom to plunge into unknown tunnels, explore lost stations, gear up for the most fucked-up hellholes the network has to offer.. It could be like Dark/Demon Souls, only in a glorious post-apocalyptic setting. You cock up, you die. Going to the surface should be something you think about twice.

It's been a long time since I played 2033 but I want to say that, while they're very similar, LL is much more polished overall. Also the enemies in the first game I felt were very bullet spongey. I enjoyed LL a lot more but 2033 is definitely worth playing.

What exactly is the difference with this and Metro 2033?

In terms of regular gameplay, how's the performance?

The first game is pretty shit in terms of gameplay. It has great atmosphere and nice "towns", but seriously, it's pretty much unplayable by todays standards. The combat is dreadful. Metro: LL makes 2033 look even worse. I tried replaying 2033 but it's simply impossible.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
The first game is pretty shit in terms of gameplay. It has great atmosphere and nice "towns", but seriously, it's pretty much unplayable by todays standards. The combat is dreadful. Metro: LL makes 2033 look even worse. I tried replaying 2033 but it's simply impossible.

Too harsh, imo. I went back into 2033 after finishing LL for comparison's sake and while it doesn't hold a candle to the much smoother experience LL offers, it's still playable. Hit boxes are shitty and specifically the shotgun is fucked, but otherwise, still worth the time I'd say.

Raptor

Oh damn, I don't think I will bother with it then, I really love the gameplay of LL so if 2033 is bad in comparison I will not like it.

Im at the Regina Level on my non lethal hardcore run, damn those scorpions/spider thingies are a pain in the ass but not that hard.

Was very satisfying clearing the entire Revolution Level without kills non raised an alarm, achievement poped up and I Was "hell yes" lol.

Good thing there is level select though because even though Im exploring even more now and making sure Im picking up all the Notes, in this level there is only one and Im halfway now and I havent come across it.

TJP

What exactly is the difference with this and Metro 2033?

In terms of regular gameplay, how's the performance?
Perfectly fine- you have stealth missions, moral choices to make, plently of action sequences and lots of collectables to seek out. Only the
ameobae level
in 2033 was a pain in the arse.

Many didn't understand (or weren't informed by the game properly) that the non-military home made bullets were absolute shite and hence thought the enemies were bullet sponges. Using the military rounds with headshots resulted in rather quick kills across all difficulty levels. Last Light is the more polished game but 2033 is still worth playing.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, I don't think I will bother with it then, I really love the gameplay of LL so if 2033 is bad in comparison I will not like it.

It's not bad, it's just different in certain aspects, like gas mask filter availability. It's worth playing, trust me. I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't think it was.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Did anyone dable in the DLC for the game? The Chronicle Pack sounds like a nice addition with three missions, the Faction Pack could be fun but sounds a bit more tacked-on. The Developer pack and Tower pack sound a bit boring/sparse.

I'm in DLC mode with this, ME3 and F:NV, trying to decide where to spend my left-over spacebucks before I dive into some new games.

Raptor

Had a little trouble to get that Achievement that you can't let the Watchers to get on the rail car, had to use Military Rounds, sets them on fire :)

This Bandit Level after it is really cool and atmospheric, I have saved the lady that was about to get raped and on my way to save the children without kills nor alarms, very fun.

Did anyone dable in the DLC for the game? The Chronicle Pack sounds like a nice addition with three missions, the Faction Pack could be fun but sounds a bit more tacked-on. The Developer pack and Tower pack sound a bit boring/sparse.

I'm in DLC mode with this, ME3 and F:NV, trying to decide where to spend my left-over spacebucks before I dive into some new games.

The Tower pack is awful. It's a poorly conceived horde mode with no where good to post up and defend from. Enemies run around and open up more portals, which allow enemies to pour in from more places. The only cool thing about it is the intro, it's kind of a virtual reality type setup with a big crazy looking chair you get into.

The first pack, the Faction pack, is excellent. Well, most of it. The library level has you as a stalker going out into the irradiated world, and bringing back artifacts to buy more gear and weapons so you can go out further and further and stay out longer. It's really cool and I think a whole game could easily be based on the idea. The other good level is playing as a sniper from the red station. Very cool stealth level, although it is trial and error as you lose if enemies can make it to a radio to alert their buddies once they've spotted you. The last part is you play as a Nazi, and it's kind of like a horde mode as you're pinned to one small spot with a minigun. I didn't enjoy it enough to even bother completing it.

I haven't played the developer pack, in fact I didn't realize it was out yet! I'll try it tonight if I can.

TJP

I bought the 'season pass' or whatever it was called at the time it was announced and it's been okay - Neuromancer pretty much makes all the points I was going to.

The Chronicle Pack is worth the price just for the great library/artifact mission as this is what all of the DLC should have been like. Ranger sniper mission was good but very short and the Heavy Reich mission was just okay - stand and shoot unless you play on Ranger Hardcore in which case be prepared for a lot of swearing!

Developer Pack has a mission entering a spider’s lair 8) It's creepy and worth playing. The combat challenges in the Developer Pack Arena are a lot more fun than the awful Tower Pack.

Chronicles pack is up now.

The developer pack was ok. The spider mission was excellent, very nerve wracking in a survival horror kind of way. The AI arena is fun to play around with for a short while.

Raptor

God damm I want to finish this non lethal run, I want to shot people lol.

After this I will go for that Instrument Achievement, sounds fun.

Sullichin

Just reading through this last page, it didn't occur to me that you can play the game non lethal. Surely that just means the human enemies right? I played several sections where it didn't look like I could proceed until I killed all the monsters.

Just reading through this last page, it didn't occur to me that you can play the game non lethal. Surely that just means the human enemies right? I played several sections where it didn't look like I could proceed until I killed all the monsters.

There is a no such thing as a "non-lethal playthrough", which I addressed earlier. You need to kill many enemies, both human and beast. There is an achievement however for "only killing others when you need to". It's about try to complete the game killing as few as possible, and only doing so when the game forces you, which I find is nothing but dumb to be honest.

Just finished Khan and Anna's missions, much much better. Khan's was excellent, very spooky stuff.

Overall I'm glad I got the season pass even though some of it was weak. Mostly I just wanted more of this game to play.

Sullichin

Just finished this. Really liked the game overall.

Good:
- Really incredible graphics and much better performance than 2033 on my PC. I was shocked when I learned that this game didn't have a huge budget
- The shooting felt great and was way better than what I played of Metro 2033. Huge improvement there.

Bad:
- I didn't care for the story or the way it was presented (why do I only talk during loading screens?) and I didn't really understand it.
- There were a few infuriating checkpoints especially near the end

Ally1987

have problems with this game. it freezes everytime at the same spot (look at the picture)???. I have tried different resolutions setting and reinstalled it twice, but nothing seems to work. I also have the lates update for the game and my Titan as well.

SQz.jpg

I enjoyed the game so much until this happend :-(

Faith

I never finished the game even though Metro LL has the best atmosphere I have seen since Halo CE. Right now I am in Venedig (the town with the bordello, should be @ 50% of the game).

I think the reason I struggle to finish it is that it makes me really depressive...never had this experience in any other game.

Minion101

Banned
Playing the DLC for this game now and I'm remembering how great this world is. Runs better now on my 7950 too.

and those are beautiful shots Faith.

Faith

Steam Sales Monday, December 30:

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off
Found that leak on the internet. I think it should be true and you will get Metro LL cheap enough :)

Top Bottom