• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

legacyzero

Banned
The searching for relics part of the DLC is simply AMAZING. That should have been an expansion!

Hey 4A, can we have more of that?

Hypron

I have sound issue where the gun sounds are really low and I can't hear characters talk unless I am facing away from them. Anyone else had this issue and know how to solve it? I'm playing it on the original PS3 model.

This exact thing happens to me on PC when I play the game using headphones and I forget to change my sound settings from 5.1 to stereo (what happens is that you can't hear all the sounds that are supposed to come from the centre speaker). I don't own a ps3 so I can't help you to fix this though, sorry :/

NEO0MJ

Have a problem with the game that I never noticed before. I can't change the gamma of the game, doesn't matter if I go left or right it the three triangles remain the same.

Cheska

So what are the thoughts on the PS3 version? I have some gift cards and reward certificates so I could get this for probably about $20 at Best Buy.

Also, I know some people have mentioned that it has some creepy critters, but is this game scary? Because I can't do jump-out-of-your-seat scary.

So what are the thoughts on the PS3 version? I have some gift cards and reward certificates so I could get this for probably about $20 at Best Buy.

Also, I know some people have mentioned that it has some creepy critters, but is this game scary? Because I can't do jump-out-of-your-seat scary.
I haven't heard anything bad about the PS3 version. I played the 360 version and I thought it was great.

I don't recall any jump scares off the top of my head. It's more about the the long slog through fairly depressing and bleak settings.

NEO0MJ

There were times were I was absolutely terrified but not because of a monster bursting out of a window going "oogah boogah!", just because it was an optional dark and terrifying room where there might be some good pick-ups.

Also, help?

Have a problem with the game that I never noticed before. I can't change the gamma of the game, doesn't matter if I go left or right it the three triangles remain the same.

Limit

Just finished it. Its all right. Metro 2033 felt more mystical/supernatural to me. I do have a question about the enemies that shoot sonic waves at you. Is there something special about the frequency of sound that was accompanying these enemies' attacks? Because after constantly encountering them for several minutes I started having headaches. I initially thought that the headaches were just a coincidence but after continuing encountering them for several more minutes each of their sonic attacks was sending a jolt of migraine through my head. And when I stopped encountering them the headache also stopped. This was one of the strangest experiences with a game I have ever had.

It's sort of like Aliens horror at times. There will be a moment where these scorpion/spider enemies will be surrounding you from all directions, but their encounters aren't exactly jump-scares, stress-scares are a better way to put it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Powered through some of my backlog and finally got around to this.

What a great game.

I'm about half way through and this is definitely my type of gaming experience. I love taking out the lights and playing stealthily. Reminded me of Deus Ex HR.

I'm playing it on my PS3 so yes the graphics have a v-sync issue here and there and they're not as vibrate as a PC but I fucking love this game. I keep imagining this game as a Russian Fallout with better gunplay.

This has definitely been my biggest surprise this year. I've always wanted to play the original Metro but I don't have a PC or XBox.

Really great game.

legacyzero

Banned
Powered through some of my backlog and finally got around to this.

What a great game.

I'm about half way through and this is definitely my type of gaming experience. I love taking out the lights and playing stealthily. Reminded me of Deus Ex HR.

I'm playing it on my PS3 so yes the graphics have a v-sync issue here and there and they're not as vibrate as a PC but I fucking love this game. I keep imagining this game as a Russian Fallout with better gunplay.

This has definitely been my biggest surprise this year. I've always wanted to play the original Metro but I don't have a PC or XBox.

Really great game.
I'm really hoping they are working on a new Metro that opens things up a big, and isn't as linear.

But yeah, even after The Last Of Us, this is STILL my GOTY. Just can't be topped.

ironcreed

Banned
Damn fine game so far and is absolutely gorgeous even on PS3. Feels like quite a step up production-wise from 2033, which I also really enjoyed. Glad I finally picked it up.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So disappointed.

I reached red square and died just before a main part now the respawn is in front of an enemy, I can't move and my oxygen is low. I spawn, die 30 seconds later as I can't move. It's too bad as I really don't want to replay the entire game with no kills and stealth again.

Edit- so much for my Shadow Ranger achievement. Sucks.

Oreoleo

So disappointed.

I reached red square and died just before a main part now the respawn is in front of an enemy, I can't move and my oxygen is low. I spawn, die 30 seconds later as I can't move. It's too bad as I really don't want to replay the entire game with no kills and stealth again.

Edit- so much for my Shadow Ranger achievement. Sucks.

Dude you can start the chapter over from the main menu. You'll lose like 30-45 minutes of progress at worst.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Won't I lose my Ranger trophy though?

Edit- did the chapter select method. If I don't get it then oh well. Still a great game. Going to platinum it anyways.

Edit- beat the game and didn't get the Shadow Ranger trophy. Oh well.

IMG said:
Yyt.png
azt.png
bzt.png
czt.png
Some of these shots literally look like CG films. Screw PS4, next-gen is already here.

Lima

I played the Heavy Squad mission now (I don't even know why I'm playing this in this weird order / is there even an order? fuck if I know) and will now play Kshatriya. I hope it is as good as you say.

That Heavy mission was stupid but fun.

Are you serious? Or maybe misusing the word "literally"? While Metro looks very good there's still way to go until we have real-time-graphics on par with movie CG.

I tried to find a film to compare Metro with but unfortunately since most CGI films tend to be colorful and for kids it made the comparison really difficult.

But just by textures a fair share of spots in the game has those on par and to some extent better than a film such as "How to Train Your Dragon". I could compare screenshot to screenshot but its sort of Apples and Oranges.

Lima

The library's even better... Enjoy.

Holy shit you were right. It is the same library you passed through in Metro 2033 right? My memory is kinda hazy.

That is one of the best DLC's I've ever played right there. Something I've always wanted from Metro. The atmosphere is really great. This is also how you do collectibles. Involve them in the mission and make it fun to get them. I mean so far the mission has been one giant collectible hunt but it is so great.

phoenixyz

I tried to find a film to compare Metro with but unfortunately since most CGI films tend to be colorful and for kids it made the comparison really difficult.

But just by textures a fair share of spots in the game has those on par and to some extent better than a film such as "How to Train Your Dragon". I could compare screenshot to screenshot but its sort of Apples and Oranges.

Then why do you try to compare movies which are essentially modern cartoons to a realistic, post-apocalyptic setting? Just compare the graphics of Metro to the CGI in modern big-budget movies. Even the best game graphics we know (Tech Demos like the Dark Sorcerer from Quantic Dream, Ira from Nvidia, Elemental from Epic) are not as good.

Then why do you try to compare movies which are essentially modern cartoons to a realistic, post-apocalyptic setting? Just compare the graphics of Metro to the CGI in modern big-budget movies. Even the best game graphics we know (Tech Demos like the Dark Sorcerer from Quantic Dream, Ira from Nvidia, Elemental from Epic) are not as good.
? CGI of modern movies are FAR ahead of that of CGI films. Mostly due to the fact that there are a lot less stuff they need to make for a film and also they have to look as real as possible since they are trying to mimick real-life. And Metro's art-style isn't trying to fully mimic real-life.

Holy shit you were right. It is the same library you passed through in Metro 2033 right? My memory is kinda hazy.
I believe so, but mine's hazy as well.

That is one of the best DLC's I've ever played right there. Something I've always wanted from Metro. The atmosphere is really great. This is also how you do collectibles. Involve them in the mission and make it fun to get them. I mean so far the mission has been one giant collectible hunt but it is so great.
Yeah it was awesome, well worth $5. I wasn't too thrilled about the heavy mission though. I like to move through environments, not be stuck to one place the whole time.

So I am at the part not long after
Anna gets kidnapped by the Reds at the Church,
and I'm in the caverns that are dominated by the mutant mole things.

I am not sure what I am suppose to do. I get to a dead end of a watermill type thing but I don't know what I'm suppose to do next. I assumed that I fought the mutant moles but I run out of ammo before the end. I can pull a horizontal level down and that's it. I'm not sure what I am suppose to do next.

Here's a picture of the watermill.

PFqkLsv.jpg

GilS8qn.jpg

Lima

You pull down the lever and the water should start to pour down to bring down the elevator.

Did you fight the Rhino before it? Seems like a bug.

You pull down the lever and the water should start to pour down to bring down the elevator.

Did you fight the Rhino before it? Seems like a bug.

It turns out that I just wait and an elevator comes down. Surprised that it wasn't more obvious. I didn't see any Rino but perhaps you are thinking of the boss fight that occurs right after that part.

Lima

So about the season pass -- does it include the pre-order DLC? And, in short, has the DLC released so far been good?

No it doesn't include any pre-order DLC. What DLC was there? I have no idea apart from the ranger mode. That is not included.

I think that the first DLC pack is one of the best DLC's released. Right up there with Minerva's Den. I did not really care for the Heavy Squad mission where you just stand in one place and mow down people with a minigun but the other two were excellent. Even though there were a bit on the short side, it took me 3 hours to complete all the missions/achievements but I was playing on Ranger Hardcore. Might be a different story depending on difficulty.

The second mission is in the great library from Metro 2033. You are sent to the surface to retrieve stuff from the library. That is really the best part of the DLC. The library and surface is completely open and for you to explore and you will meet the deadly Librarians again.

The last one is a sniper mission. It is not that long but I had so much fun with it. You have to kill everyone with your silenced sniper without raising an alarm.

So I beat the game. Great atmosphere, mediocre gameplay. This would have been a great game if the gunplay was better, defeating monsters didn't usually involve just running away from them, and tweaking some of the rough edges here and there (having guns take so long to pick up). Overall I found it to be as good as the first game.

I really do wish we got more games in the Half-Life 2 subgenre though.

No it doesn't include any pre-order DLC. What DLC was there? I have no idea apart from the ranger mode. That is not included.

I think that the first DLC pack is one of the best DLC's released. Right up there with Minerva's Den. I did not really care for the Heavy Squad mission where you just stand in one place and mow down people with a minigun but the other two were excellent. Even though there were a bit on the short side, it took me 3 hours to complete all the missions/achievements but I was playing on Ranger Hardcore. Might be a different story depending on difficulty.

The second mission is in the great library from Metro 2033. You are sent to the surface to retrieve stuff from the library. That is really the best part of the DLC. The library and surface is completely open and for you to explore and you will meet the deadly Librarians again.

The last one is a sniper mission. It is not that long but I had so much fun with it. You have to kill everyone with your silenced sniper without raising an alarm.

Yeah, I was thinking of the ranger mode, which also comes with an additional weapon if I recall. Really sucks that it's not included.

The DLC is that good? Sounds interesting. Hmm, I don't know if I should buy the game + season pass or wait for the complete edition.

Lima

Well the thing with the season pass is that you don't know if the other 3 packs will be as good as the first one.

God damn it, I have Crysis syndrome after playing this game. I'm playing Dishonored right now on max settings and cannot believe how shitty the textures are. Its almost as if I'm playing a Wii game.

Well the thing with the season pass is that you don't know if the other 3 packs will be as good as the first one.
True... But 4A is one of few devs I have faith in to deliver.

The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower

· The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders' Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants

· Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure
I'm not sure about the tower pack, but the other two sound fantastic.

Top Bottom