• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

Mechazawa

Wow, so they changed the Steam release time? It told me it would unlock later in the afternoon tomorrow when I checked earlier today.

That only happened to people who were game sharing.

Fair enough, no reason for me to try to get snarky. I like my PS4 and other consoles
but not as much as my 780Ti

Both 2033 and Last Light Redux both launch and work for me.

Edit: Person below me did remind me that I am using 8.1, but shouldn't everyone with 8 have upgraded?

Weird, the games seem to share settings. Turned on physx/SSAA .5 and Ranger Hardcore mode in 2033 menu and switched to Last Light where the same things were adjusted from default.

http://imgur.com/c485NUv

No luck reinstalling DX/VC++ redists. Gotta love dem sloppy releases.

Fresh install, Win8.1/Nvidia setup (MSI GS70 2PE)

Right click the game, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache. Might have missed some files in the pre-load.

Sharpshot

Neo Member
Weird, the games seem to share settings. Turned on physx/SSAA .5 and Ranger Hardcore mode in 2033 menu and switched to Last Light where the same things were adjusted from default.

Right click the game, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache. Might have missed some files in the pre-load.

Nope, no luck. Tried Last Light too.

bbd23

launched fine for me

forgot how nice the intro looks

ibVt4zXQ1rzKz.png

i3wUfSRxcwA0e.png

Survival/Ranger Hardcore go! Beat the original games on Ranger Hardcore so it shouldn't be too challenging. Hopefully they fixed the broken (enemy spoiler)
amoeba
section in the original game.

Mechazawa

These 2033 Redux video settings are disappointingly barebones, but I guess it makes sense given the original Last Light's options.

Marjar

Banned
Game is crashing to desktop for me. Intro movie looks like some cel shaded shit. Thought it was intentional at first lol.

I hate PC gaming sometimes.

Windows 7 btw

IQ seems really bad for some reason, don't have SSAA at 2X because the framerate drops to around 50 but .5 on top of what it uses at default should be fine as its supersampling.

And they seem to have removed the impressive volumetric lights from the prologue, and made the knife just a quick slash instead of an equippable item like in the original. Great start!

Performance is really good for me. SSAA is off, quality is set to high, everything else is on and I'm getting a pretty constant 45-60fps at 1440p. (gtx 680, i7-2600k)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Game is crashing to desktop for me. Intro movie looks like some cel shaded shit. Thought it was intentional at first lol.

I hate PC gaming sometimes.

Windows 7 btw

Intro looks weird for me, too, but the game isn't crashing.

Win7 x64.

xBladeM6x

They really optimized the shit out of 2033. Holy shit, it's perfectly smooth and actually playable at high settings now. (660 Ti)

They really optimized the shit out of 2033. Holy shit, it's perfectly smooth and actually playable at high settings now. (660 Ti)

Such things happen when you remove the incredibly advanced lighting and depth of field effects that made 2033 stand out even today.

bbd23

IQ seems really bad for some reason, don't have SSAA at 2X because the framerate drops to around 50 but .5 on top of what it uses at default should be fine as its supersampling.

And they seem to have removed the impressive volumetric lights from the prologue, and made the knife just a quick slash instead of an equippable item like in the original. Great start!

doesn't putting SSAA on 0.5 make it run at like half the resolution? thats why your IQ is bad

doesn't putting SSAA on 0.5 make it run at like half the resolution? thats why your IQ is bad

It's 0.5 X so I wouldn't think so right? I'm probably dumb though.

Edit: Was thinking 50% more than the resolution but that wouldn't be right. I slept 3 hours last night and nothing makes sense :p You're totally right though, turned it off and lost a ton of performance at 2560x1600. I feel really dumb, lol. Thanks.

Runs at around 50 FPS at that resolution at Very High and everything on. That is of course gross so I will turn it back to 1920x1200. 780Ti

btags

Maybe I am just being totally thick, but I can't figure out how to wipe off the visor in 2033 (on xbox one). They did say they added that to the redux version of 2033, right? If so does anyone know how to do this?

xBladeM6x

Such things happen when you remove the incredibly advanced lighting and depth of field effects that made 2033 stand out even today.

True. I would have appreciated an advanced video options like in most modern PC games, where you can mix and match settings, instead of pre-loaded Low - Very High settings. Though, I'm sure there's some .ini changes that can be made for that.

Maybe I am just being totally thick, but I can't figure out how to wipe off the visor in 2033 (on xbox one). They did say they added that to the redux version of 2033, right? If so does anyone know how to do this?

I am playing on the PC as well but it should be a quick tap of the button you use to put on the gas mask, instead of the normal hold.

Really bummed they got rid of the knife as an equippable weapon. Last Light made some really terrible changes to how items worked.

G-Man is in the game too! The animation for his tongue flicking about his mouth was really weird and disturbing.

Hate when the fraps counter gets captured >_>

Edit: They seem to have made it to where reloading your weapon dumps your current clip. Obsessive reloaders beware!

btags

I am playing on the PC as well but it should be a quick tap of the button you use to put on the gas mask, instead of the normal hold.

I tried that but it does not seem to work. The diagrams for the controls are absolutely horrible for the xbox one version. I had to find out how to even put on my gas mask or turn on my flashlight by going to the help menu that brings you to an xbox menu outside of the game.

I tried that but it does not seem to work. The diagrams for the controls are absolutely horrible for the xbox one version. I had to find out how to even put on my gas mask or turn on my flashlight by going to the help menu that brings you to an xbox menu outside of the game.

Gamefaqs saids LB tap, if not that then it's been changed. For the PC version all you do is tap g.

There's rubble when you shoot at the walls and ceilings at least!

Try Shadowplay.
Yeah, I need to use it more. Just used to running fraps in the background whereas Shadowplay makes my card go from 30C idle to 44

Edit: Anyone else getting artifacts in water?
Sorry for terrible steam screenshots, I'm too lazy to upload the lossless versions :p

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Playing, running fine so far. Question about the beginning of the game (spoilered just to be safe):

In the hospital at the start, there was a highlighted book on the doctor's desk that I picked up. For the life of me, I can't remember what this does. Can someone kindly refresh me?

Playing, running fine so far. Question about the beginning of the game (spoilered just to be safe):

In the hospital at the start, there was a highlighted book on the doctor's desk that I picked up. For the life of me, I can't remember what this does. Can someone kindly refresh me?

Press escape, diary.

Oh god, tell me my videocard isn't dying.

Card got up to 67 degrees but it goes up to 82 before it starts freaking out. Runs at a steady 60 FPS, max outside of SSAA. Very high, advanced physx turned on, etc.

Nizz

Am I the only one who thinks the aiming/sensitivity feels extremely slow in 2033? This is the first game where I had to crank the settings to max, and it still feels very slow to me. I haven't tried LL yet. Hopefully, it doesn't feel the same.

And the game looks fantastic on XB1. If every game was 912p from now on, I'd be very happy.
Oh, this is something I was worried about. If the game's controls/sensitivity felt slow or not. So they don't feel snappy as in say COD or Battlefield 4 (if you've played those games).

I love the controls in BF4 on PS4 and Metro Redux will be getting here tomorrow (well, later today now). Hoping that with me fiddling with the sensitivity it'll feel comparable. Regardless, I can't wait to try these games.

Top Bottom