• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

Foxyone

I have both games on Steam, but I don't know if I should get 2033 Redux, considering all I have to play it on is a laptop with a 6570m.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm also curious about this ... Sadly, openvpn to the vpngate servers (tried a few) does not seem to fool steam drm at the moment. Anyone else having more success with vpn to american steam? With what client? What server?

Use this one: http://www.vpngate.net/en/

Completely free and they have servers throughout the world so it's worth having if you ever need an Asian VPN.

Kezen

Banned
A 280x / 770 to get ~60 FPS at 1080p max settings? Any idea what settings the consoles are running to get solid 60? At least it looks easier to max than the original though.
We will have to wait for DF to shed some light on this but going by various benchmarks I'd say a mix of high and very high settings without tessellation or any Physx effects.

They said it is just going to be available starting on release day digitally and as a disc. No digital pre-order on consoles.

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/502801854775193600[/tweet]

BvpPnx2CcAAtHmm.jpg

fuck, will buy later then.

RyudBoy

I never played 2033 before. Should I just get Last Light and skip out on 2033, or is it important to play 2033 before LL?

How long is 2033 compared to Last Light in the campaign mode?

Watevaman

I never played 2033 before. Should I just get Last Light and skip out on 2033, or is it important to play 2033 before LL?

you'll be missing out on a great game. If you can't afford it then just get LL but if you can get both then 2033 is worth it.

DOWN

Banned
Doesn't console pre-order and pre-load cost a bit of money to do? Pretty sure setting up for your game to have those features takes a bit of new prep they didnt have before on consoles and pre-load might even carry a fee with Sony and MS. This is a small dev that likely doesn't have the power to get their first remaster ready for them to do console pre-order and pre-load is my guess.

Anyone know why it unlocks at noon on the 26th for the US and not midnight? Seems kind of odd.

EDIT: Saw that tweet, is it because it's going on a Eastern Europe unlock time?

Huh? It unlocks at midnight. Says it in the tweeted pic.

so this is not coming out at midnight?

It DOES come out at midnight. Though any delay on digital for consoles would be due to Sony updating later.

Doesn't console pre-order and pre-load cost a bit of money to do? Pretty sure setting up for your game to have those features takes a bit of new prep they didnt have before on consoles and pre-load might even carry a fee with Sony and MS. This is a small dev that likely doesn't have the power to get their first remaster ready for them to do console pre-order and pre-load is my guess.

Huh? It unlocks at midnight. Says it in the tweeted pic.

It DOES come out at midnight. Though any delay on digital for consoles would be due to Sony updating later.

It says it's got 19 hours until it unlocks on the Steam store page for both games.

It says it's got 19 hours until it unlocks on the Steam store page for both games.

That's happened with a lot of games only for it to suddenly unlock at midnight eastern or pacific so cross your fingers! Image on the last page says it will be the latter in this case though so I will probably be asleep as I have to do things tomorrow.

btkadams

Are these horror games or are they more along the lines of Resistance 1? I'm pretty sensitive to creatures running at me in the dark and jump scares, but can deal with them if the game isn't based around them.

Daemul

Are these horror games or are they more along the lines of Resistance 1? I'm pretty sensitive to creatures running at me in the dark and jump scares, but can deal with them if the game isn't based around them.

giphy.gif

Nah, just joking. There is quite a bit of that in the two games, there's some supernatural elements as well. It's not too much though, as you fight a lot of human enemies as well. But yeah, there's a mix of some jump scares and also some psychological shit. There were moments where I was just sprinting through area's, trying to get to the next section, because the atmosphere had me completely spooked.

I too am fairly sensitive to jump scares and monsters running out of the dark. I've played through and really enjoyed both 2033 and Last Light without substantial issue. 2033 has way more horror moments, lots of tense encounters with monsters, but also lots of normal human vs human encounters. Last Light has way less horror and is much more human vs human and action heavy. You should be fine, but they are definitely regularly intense and possibly scary on occasion.

Fbh

Excited about getting this tomorrow.

So, regarding difficulty, what do you guys recommend for a first playthrough?

I generally play shooters on hard, but I'm not very experienced with survival games

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

That's a fair comparison. 2033 had it's horror-esque bits, but with redux I can't imagine it'll be as dark/creepy. There are also pretty much no jump-scares.

Cudder

Excited about getting this tomorrow.

So, regarding difficulty, what do you guys recommend for a first playthrough?

I generally play shooters on hard, but I'm not very experienced with survival games

I don't know what I'm going to do either. The thing with this game is, even though you set the difficulty, you can further tweak how hard your playthrough is by selecting either Spartan or Survivor.

DOWN

Banned
What is Spartan mode? I know Ranger is supposed to be harder, but is Spartan just making 2033 more like LL? Or is it also a variation of more difficult.

That's happened with a lot of games only for it to suddenly unlock at midnight eastern or pacific so cross your fingers! Image on the last page says it will be the latter in this case though so I will probably be asleep as I have to do things tomorrow.

I hope so, would be kind of a bummer but not a huge deal I guess.

Carnby

I understand there are two modes. One where you get to shoot everything and another that focuses on stealth. My question is, how is the game best played?

Fisty

Just installed my Samsung EVO 1TB SSD in my PS4.... dammit Sony put this baby up on the store!!!! I needs it!!!

Top Bottom