• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Hunters is a Q3/UT type fps unlike the other Metroids.

Deg

Banned
No actual adventure/explore story single player mode right? Nintendo are describing this game as a fps unlike all the other Metroid games. Cant wait for the demo.

Bregor

There are single player modes, but they mostly center around the FPS action, with little to no exploring / story AFAIK.

Deg

Banned
Bregor said:
There are single player modes, but they mostly center around the FPS action, with little to no exploring / story AFAIK.

Yeah it sounds alot like say UT's single player. Sounds like the perfect demo if its online.

Buggy Loop

If the demo nst showed at the conference is any indication of their retail single player, then the single player is nothing more than a training game, no story, no adventure of that kind, just training for your multiplayer games, like UT's basicly.

Deg

Banned
The single player should make good practice. I hope NST do a good job. I thought Retro would be more suited?

Is the demo or even the game going to be online?

Buggy Loop

Deg said:
Is the demo or even the game going to be online?

No official comment on that yet. Personally i think it will, or if its not out of the box, someone will make a warp pipe type of software that will allow wifi multiplayer to go online.

Deg

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
No official comment on that yet. Personally i think it will, or if its not out of the box, someone will make a warp pipe type of software that will allow wifi multiplayer to go online.

Its not wifi when you connect to nearby players however. It connect directly to those DS's.

Deg said:
Its not wifi when you connect to nearby players however. It connect directly to those DS's.
You can connect directly to other stations with WLAN. Its called ad-hoc networking. Or does DS have also bluetooth that is used to peer-to-peer connections? and WLAN only for hotspot/internet gaming?

Deg

Banned
Project Midway said:
You can connect directly to other stations with WLAN. Its called ad-hoc networking. Or does DS have also bluetooth that is used to peer-to-peer connections? and WLAN only for hotspot/internet gaming?

well i read somewhere on this forum that DS uses some Motorola tech which is not unlike bluetooth for connecting directly to other DS's. Dont know if its true.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
There is a story and single player mode. The single player is action is tournament/bounty hunter based rather than exploration.

SantaC

well I would be upset if it wasn't for metroid prime echoes coming out. But now I can accept a metroid game in this style.

Deg said:
well i read somewhere on this forum that DS uses some Motorola tech which is not unlike bluetooth for connecting directly to other DS's. Dont know if its true.
Maybe they want it to be somehow compatible with that GBA motorola addon.

Deg

Banned
Well i find it impressive that Nintendo are finally doing a fps after so long. It looks good. Very Quake and UT futuristic esque.

Project Midway said:
Maybe they want it to be somehow compatible with that GBA motorola addon.

Could be. The one aspect of DS we know little about.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
There is a story and single player mode. The single player is action is tournament/bounty hunter based rather than exploration.

There is a story mode? I thought the story was integrated into the tournament style single player?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Although I hate to see a great license abused like this, Hunter is a nice 'tech demo' for future handheld wifi FPS on Nintenoods.

When watching the video, I kept saying 'I'd love to see a Quake/Doom/UT/CoD using that control', not 'I'd love to play Metroid Hunters'.

Deg

Banned
Panajev2001a said:
NST, fuck you.

I disagree with you on MP hunters. But agree with you on RR DS :p NST seem to be getting alot better judging by MP Hunters. Could be their best game yet and their first heavily multiplayer orientated game.

snapty00

Banned
The demo might be okay, but I certainly wouldn't pay cash for this game.

If this is just going to be a hack of a Metroid game, why don't they not call it a Metroid game and remove all the Metroid references?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This game could have bump-mapping for all I care.

Fuck you NST, an UT-like Metroid... this is so NOT the game I want to play.

Paulokj

no, Metroid Prime Hunters, are going to be like Mp and Mp2 echoes GC, but in Demo they didnt put the Single PLayer, only put Training and Multiplayer. Why dont you wait ?

Deg

Banned
I guess so. Of course many people wont mind its an fps this time. I agree maybe an all new franchise could have been better and people also get their true Metroid game at the same time.

Yusaku

Posting to say multiplayer Metroid is a horrendous idea, and I can't believe there's gonna be TWO multiplayer Metroid games. :cry:

snapty00

Banned
Uh, getting upset over the fact that they're multiplayer is stupid. What really sucks is the fact that Hunters doesn't seem like much of a game otherwise.

SantaC

Yusaku said:
Posting to say multiplayer Metroid is a horrendous idea, and I can't believe there's gonna be TWO multiplayer Metroid games. :cry:

well the multiplayer in MP:E isn't something you need to play. Focus is on single player.

snapty00 said:
Uh, getting upset over the fact that they're multiplayer is stupid. What really sucks is the fact that Hunters doesn't seem like much of a game otherwise.

The Demo isn't at least. But it is free...packed with the system. As far as the actual game they plan to sell...well, thats anyone's guess on what will be included, but I'm sure nothing really has been discussed.

Mrbob

Yikes.

What is the deal here? UT style Metroid? To hell with that. I hope NST doesn't screw up another franchise game.

No matter how hard they try, Metroid is and always will be strengthed upon the single player campaign. Multiplayer Metroid makes me cringe in fear.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You guys need to cool it. So far this is only confirmed for what the DEMO includes. NOA's site doesn't even have any information on the real game on their public site or their press site. There's no real indication that the final game's single player mode will be fundamentally different than the other Prime games. Nintendo's only talking about First Hunt right now.

Talk about running with assumptions.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I don't think Nintendo is just going to ship out a game with a basically empty single player mode. But, I do believe that multiplayer will be the highlight of the game. What I think is that Nintendo is putting this game out to show interested developers that FPS can be done on the DS.

Deg

Banned
Reggie said its a FPS. And yes mutliplayer is why this game will get attention.

This is what George Harrison said about WiFi

It's something that we've known that consumers are interested in. It just hasn't grown yet to be a big business, and consumers have been reluctant to maybe pay for that experience. There are two kinds of Wi-Fi. One is the local area network that we talked about today and you saw some examples of those games. The actual games for the Internet (the second kind) won't be coming right at the launch ,but it's a possibility.

We know consumers are interested in it. What we have to do is find a developer who can make a game that says, "This is why I like that and why I'm willing to get involved and pay for it."

snapty00 said:

Nothing can please you, atleast when it comes to Nintendo. It's annoying as fuck to be honest. -_-

Deg

Banned
This demo, SM64 DS and Spiderman 2 are the launch games i have most interest in. Shame they probably arent online. I hate NST but it hink they're doing a good job with MPH so i guess i can start liking them :p

I wish they would make something like a Metroid 2 remake for the single player mode in this game. I always think of Metroid 2 when I hear this game's name.

Top Bottom