• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Ahnez

Any word on the loading times? For some reason, my copy of MP3 is almost unplayable due to the horrendous loading times.

Well, digital will always be faster than on disk.

I believe it will be even more noticeable between digital MPT and physical MPT, as it was a dual-layer disk :p

LAA

Have a question. Is there any benefit to owning metroid digitally if I have it on disc already? (Apart from faster loading and you don't have to boot to wii menu to access it)

Well, digital will always be faster than on disk.

I believe it will be even more noticeable between digital MPT and physical MPT, as it was a dual-layer disk :p
I wonder if the load time between MP3, MPT, and either game loaded onto a harddrive via Wii homebrew was ever compared. I would think the Wii U game would be pretty similar to Wii loaded to a harddrive.

Gojeran

Ordered and redeemed online. With any luck I can play when I get home but I'm not sure if my console was on standby or not.

shaowebb

Instabought. My wife is an ENORMOUS Metroid fan and she's home sick right now. This should help make things a little better <3

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Whoops

We're sorry, but we could not retrieve a download code for this game right now.

This might be because our system is temporarily out of service, your connection was lost, or for other reasons.
Anyone greeted with this message when trying to buy from the Nintendo store? I have an NNID from a 3DS but no Wii U for the record.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Verger, you should clarify along with your "purchase online" link in the OP that the $10 sale is only valid for a week, and that you do NOT even need to currently own a Wii U to get it at that price (you'll be e-mailed a download code). People are still asking about this in the thread and will continue to!

Madao

I wonder if the load time between MP3, MPT, and either game loaded onto a harddrive via Wii homebrew was ever compared. I would think the Wii U game would be pretty similar to Wii loaded to a harddrive.

i've played with Wii homebrew USB loading and it's really fast.

as soon as my download finishes, i'll check how the eshop version stacks up.

Verger

Banned
Verger, you should clarify along with your "purchase online" link in the OP that the $10 sale is only valid for a week, and that you do NOT even need to currently own a Wii U to get it at that price (you'll be e-mailed a download code). People are still asking about this in the thread and will continue to!
The price point being only one week is made quite clear in the graphics of the OP. I've added it anyway to the link. Also added the note about the redeem code.

Seiniyta

So having played a few hours of metroid prime 1 now I can say that the game still looks pretty good on a 1080p screen. Way better then Super Mario Galaxy which got a LOT uglier with the upscale. There's some pixelation when you use the visor and scan things but nothing major.

Verger

Banned
So having played a few hours of metroid prime 1 now I can say that the game still looks pretty good on a 1080p screen. Way better then Super Mario Galaxy which got a LOT uglier with the upscale. There's some pixelation when you use the visor and scan things but nothing major.
Thanks I'll add your impressions to the OP! :)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The price point being only one week is made quite clear in the graphics of the OP. I've added it anyway to the link. Also added the note about the redeem code.
I just feel like people don't even look at the images sometimes. Good job, though. :)

Bought

got lost in my playthrough of Prime 2 years ago and never returned to the trilogy but Prime 1 was enough to justify the price of trilogy when it was released.

is 2 it worth revisiting? I remember it being super arduous compared to Prime 1.

Picked it up online, will download at some point in the future. Probably one of the best value propositions ever made in gaming. I am excited because I have never beaten 2 or 3.

Just a quick question, I've had my SD card in my Wii U since I transferred my Wii data over when I got it. Am I good to just take it out, but the save file on it, and pop it back in without screwing anything up?

Bought

got lost in my playthrough of Prime 2 years ago and never returned to the trilogy but Prime 1 was enough to justify the price of trilogy when it was released.

is 2 it worth revisiting? I remember it being super arduous compared to Prime 1.

Prime 2 is great and worth giving another shot, but the world can be a bit harder to navigate thanks to the dark world/light world mechanic.

Prime 3 is also great, so give it a try even if you find that you still don't like Prime 2.

cacildo

Can i play this using my pro contr....
Sorry, sorry, wont finish the joke

My question is: no miiverse for these games, right?

What about taking screenshots using the home button?

Verger

Banned
Bought

As noted in the OP by other users. Prime 2 was designed as a much more challenging game compared to Prime 1 for the core users. The level design and enemies/bosses are much more hardcore and almost crazy in some places. The morph-ball layouts are just insane too.

It's hard, but I felt great satisfaction in triumphing over it.
Can i play this using my pro contr....
Sorry, sorry, wont finish the joke

My question is: no miiverse for these games, right?

What about taking screenshots using the home button?
Unfortunately those Wii U functionalities are not available. There is a screenshot tool in the game that can be purchased using the Credits (there are game saves out there which have those credits, you can find it in the OP)

OmegaFax

Downloaded and installed. Finally! Now, backing out of it, going into Wii Mode, and copying over the save from gamefaqs to get those friend token unlockables.

Toxi

Banned
Bought

Prime 2 is an incredible game, but a very demanding one in comparison to the other two. I'd recommend replaying it if you have some time on your hands; you have to be very patient, but the good moments in that game are really good.

Prime 3 is smooth and simple fun, and you don't really need to play Prime 2 to enjoy it.

Zarovitch

It's seem that many people here will play this game for the first time.
If you like this kind of game you will have great fun.

I guess Ill re-buy this for the Wii U just for the slight benefit of using a HDMI cable for video and sound. And maybe it will help get a new Metroid made if sales are strong

Tadale

I went home at lunch and started the download. Looking forward to playing Metroid Prime again this weekend - I haven't played it through since 2002.

Verger

Banned
I actually enjoyed Prime 2 and Corruption almost as equal as the original for different reasons.

Prime 2 was the challenge and the unique alien environments. Some of the most complex level-design and bosses in the industry.

Prime 3 added a ton of different locales and planets. Love Elysia and the Valhalla. I also didn't mind the Bounty Hunters since they weren't on screen that much. Plus I totally loved the motion controls.

tariniel

As I've gotten older (27 now) I get increasingly frustrated with games that are confusing or very difficult. I used to love challenge and exploring a lot to find where to go, but recently if I'm lost in a game for 10 minutes I usually just stop playing it completely.

Would you say I should avoid this trilogy?

Odd that it took over my save files but apparently not my game and controller seetings.
It also told me that the Mii who played got deleted (which I didn't) and I had to choose a new one.
lol

As I've gotten older (27 now) I get increasingly frustrated with games that are confusing or very difficult. I used to love challenge and exploring a lot to find where to go, but recently if I'm lost in a game for 10 minutes I usually just stop playing it completely.

hell, no
the amazing 3D map (probably the best in a videogame to date) will help you out

I'd say you should consult a walkthrough for every aspect of your gaming life.

Madao

mp2 > mp1 >>> mp3

come at me.

Bought

you could try it in easy mode. that makes things more manageable if you've never played the game

(trilogy's normal mode is easy mode since veteran is the original's normal mode)

ban25

I was literally pulling up Amazon to order a Wii U while reading the OT and stopped as soon as I saw "motion controls only".

Toxi

Banned

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3 are very easy games. There is an optional hint system that will alert you after a certain amount of time the general area you're supposed to go next. Navigating is pretty easy with the 3D map. The scan visor often gives you hints on what to do in a given situation too.

Prime 2 is very confusing, even with hints turned on, and you should probably avoid it. For example, the maps are more confusing because two of the big areas have multiple floors and every area has an alternate map for its dark world version.

Laws00

I have a question. Will I get club nintendo points for buying this game?

It's a not a determinate for me buying it as it cheaper then buying the original by a good margin

You wouldn't ever make it through the second game and maybe not through the first either.

For ten bucks, I say at least give it a shot. You can turn on Hint Mode, which pops up and tells you where to go next every so often.

vid

I was literally pulling up Amazon to order a Wii U while reading the OT and stopped as soon as I saw "motion controls only".

It's worth noting that they're pointer controls, which are pretty fantastic for aiming and shooting. It's not piles of senseless waggle.

I have a question. Will I get club nintendo points for buying this game?

It's a not a determinate for me buying it as it cheaper then buying the original by a good margin

I think so. I got points for picking up Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I'd imagine it applies to MPT as well.

Top Bottom