• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

.Anema

Prime is one of the best games ever. I already have my Collector's Edition of the first release of the trilogy, but I'm really tempted to double dip, only for the shortcut icon on the Wii U haha.
Damn good game. Please everybody buy it now!

I don't even own a Wii U (yet), and I still jumped on this deal. Finally going to give the 3D Metroids a shot, looking forward to it.

Roo

Still on the verge of purchasing this.
I already have both Corruption and Trilogy
I'll wait till last day to see if it's really worth a third purchase.

As in make it control like Kid Icarus Uprising, without access to the 'a' and 'b' buttons? or slow the game down to a crawl and make it control like a typical console FPS?

Hmm, well if you aim with the touchscreen, with either handedness, you have access to: 4 face buttons, analog stick/click, and two shoulder buttons. MP on the Wii also uses 7 buttons for main functions, A,B, Down dpad, C, Z, and +/-. So, I think that's a perfect fit.

Also, wasn't talking about traditional controls as I'm pretty sure that would be hard, if not impossible on Wii U VC, to do so. While some of us have set that up in dolphin, and it works fine, I think mimicking IR aiming with the touch screen would be much easier than trying to with an analog.

On another note, I'm not sure why you think traditional controls would slow the game down. As long as the sensitivity isn't super low it would feel fine.

Either way, It's nice to have options, and for other games like Mario Galaxy, DKCR, it would be perfect. Map the shake to an unused button and point on the screen when you need to, and it would become not only more enjoyable to play for many, but also allows for true off-tv play.

I doubt it's a feature we'll ever get because of various reasons, but if it was technologically possible, then it would be quite handy.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I already own the disc but I have to support this. Gotta show there's a demand for another entry in the series. The thought of Retro making a Wii U HD sequel....*faints*

FyreWulff

Can I use the Wii U as a display for this game with the light sensor?

Gamepad has a sensor bar built in on the top

-------------------------------------------------------------------------v
KH0p341.jpg

molnizzle

Damn. I really wanted an HD upgrade. Dolphin is still too much of a hassle.

Still... for $10 I'm in. Never played the Prime series before.

Damn. I really wanted an HD upgrade. Dolphin is still too much of a hassle.

Still... for $10 I'm in. Never played the Prime series before.

The Prime games are notorious for how poorly they run on Dolphin and it doesn't look like that's going to get fixed any time soon. this is easily the best option to play these wonderful games.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
it's not even a steal, it's straight up armed robbery to have three of the best games ever made at that price. Buy people!

Buying this game for $10 almost feels wrong. I payed full price for MPT back when it came out day 1. Worth every penny.

But I will double dip today, mostly because I no longer own it. For those who have never played these games, I envy you. This trilogy is just fucking amazing. They hold up fantastic to this day and the motion controls actually help it, not hurt it.

I plan on playing Echoes first, since I recently beat MP1 again during the summer. I'm excited, its been years. Can't wait to get my ass kicked again lol. It's a hard game, but that is part of the reason I like it.

Verger

Banned
is it live in NA?
So I can download this ASAP the moment I leave work :)
Apparently you can purchase it from work and then redeem the code online and have it sent to your WiiU and if it is in standby mode it should auto-download (unless your HD is full I presume)

Will there any graphical advantage on the Wii U simply for the fact that I'm running it with a HDMI cable vs the RGB cable I used with the Wii?

Verger

Banned
Why can't you use the Pro Controller!? I'd 100% buy this if you could.
*sigh*

The game was rebuilt for Wii controls. It is a port of the Wii game. And Prime 3 never had any other control scheme other than Wii controls. You'd have to completely rebuild the game again to do so.

And at that point, they might as well go with a full HD Remaster/Remake which would cost tons of money.
Will there any graphical advantage on the Wii U simply for the fact that I'm running it with a HDMI cable vs the RGB cable I used with the Wii?
Only other graphical plus from this may be the load times. Since it is digital and not off disk load times may be reduced quite a bit.

Berg

Apparently you can purchase it from work and then redeem the code online and have it sent to your WiiU and if it is in standby mode it should auto-download (unless your HD is full I presume)
At work and would love to do this. But i cant find it for download from nintendos site. Can anyone link me?

vazel

Banned
All this time I had no idea Trilogy upgraded the first two games with higher resolution textures and screen effects. I'm really hyped to play this now.

Iolo

Is there any way to enable the hardest mode (hypermode) from the start? If not I guess I will just play it through on regular difficulty again.

Already own the GC games, Corruption, and the Wii Trilogy. The value here is ridiculous though. Easy to recommend.

Metroid Prime is my favorite and I like it better on Gamecube for a few reasons. I like the Gamecube controller better for this game and unfortunately some fun sequence breaking was patched even on later releases of the Gamecube game. Metroid Prime is probably the best looking 3D SD game ever. It is breathtaking on a tube TV.

Top Bottom