• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO: NeoGAF vs Konami

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
This thread is for organizing the matches for the various GAF clans that will be playing Konami tonight.
Edit: results from tonight's games
First match was Team Deathmatch at Blood bath, two rounds, twenty tickets. We started off good but they got together at the end and destroyed us, they had like 4 or 5 tickets left. Next round it was back and forth but we came out on top in the end but we never finished them off, the timer stopped the round, it was 4 to 1 we won. The score was tallied and they had more points so they won the match.

Next was base mission at Midtown. Both times the timers went down, we won the first round pretty well, we controlled most of the map in that round but I think it ended 3 bases to 2. The next one was crazy, non stop back and forth. Both temas tried to use the destab but both failed. It ended 3 to 2 then winning. Points were tallied and we won that match.

So one match them, one match us.

Great job guys! :D

Ephemeris

I'm trying to see who can make it from Fox Unit. Other than myself, so far we have ..

1) Scarecrow
2) Sallokin
3)
4)
5)

Darkpen

Banned
Okay, here are guidelines to how to go about playing an organized run of Base and Capture on Blood Bath. If we end up playing any other mode, like TDM, DM, or SNK, well... play your best.

STUDY THEM WELL.

BB-3bases.jpg

BB-5bases.jpg

BB-basegeneralknowledge.jpg

BB-capture1.jpg

BB-capture2.jpg

I'm going to go through all the skill sets, and allocate what skillsets each team member should have, then I'm going to continue onto GG and MM

As for anything I left out (particularly how to deal with when there are enemies up ahead), just keep your grenades handy, especially for the capture points. This also means you should be wary of the stairs. Someone needs to watch those stairs.

EDIT:
notes on tactical movement:

Rules of Battle:
If you're in a team, ALWAYS stick with your buddy, do not wander around unless to flank. This is important. Solo should assist other teams when top priorities are taken care of.

When someone calls for a boost, answer it, don't ignore and just keep walking. Know your buddy, watch out for your buddy, take care of your buddy. If you have a mic, call him by name.

Solo should avoid confrontation, and immediately call for backup (default is up + down). Use grenades regularly. Solo should also assist either team when all priorities have been met. Solo is the first to run for a base if its flickering on the mini map.

If your buddy dies, act accordingly, based on the situation, don't panic between deciding to regroup, holding your position, or moving forward. Act accordingly. If you died, don't try to run a B-line to your buddy, move defensively, even if it gives you a headache.

Abilities and Equip:
Level 3 Exposure (mandatory; level 1 and 2 are sufficient if ability isn't mastered yet)
Fast Move (suggested)
note: if you feel that you need the extra slot, and you're capable of using the locator grenades, feel free.

Don't be afraid to set up traps, just make sure you say so, very clearly, over the mic.

Don't be afraid to equip chaff. If your team is flanking, throw one out to confuse the enemy. However, only one person per team should have chaff, if the item is deemed necessary. Also, be wary of the fact that you won't be able to see either. Chaff can have tactical uses if used while retrieving a kerotan/duck, but NOT while the other team still has one or both. Flashbangs, followed by chaff, and leaving the enemy stunned and confused would be a great tactic to employ, but I think it would be too hard to try to organize that sort of maneuver with such a limited amount of time until the matchup. If such a maneuver was desired, I would suggest Team A have one person with flashbangs, and one person with chaff, during Capture games only. During Base, using chaff is a double edged sword, as you can't see if your opponents are capturing a base or not. If used properly during base (i.e. throw before capturing the very last base to get all bases, so they don't know).

Nozdeuce

zoku88 said:
How did frog unit not get anything?
We're not sure what the deal with Frog unit is, no one has successfully been in contact with the leader yet, we dunno if he got an invite.

I'm in if you want. Do I have to go in game to do anything right now?

Holy crap thats amazing Darkpen, we should practice a bit before.

Nozdeuce

Okay things are finally coming to a head, deadline for getting names in is at 3pst/6est.

Currently my confirmed people are:
MickeyKnox, Darkpen and MiamiWesker.

As the deadline gets closer I havent heard from Mickey since this morning and may have to cut him in exchange for someone who is currently around. Soo we might have 2 or 3 alternates up.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
Okay things are finally coming to a head, deadline for getting names in is at 3pst/6est.

Currently my confirmed people are:
MickeyKnox, Darkpen and MiamiWesker.

As the deadline gets closer I havent heard from Mickey since this morning and may have to cut him in exchange for someone who is currently around. Soo we might have 2 or 3 alternates up.
I'm willing to be an alternative

Ok I am going to need to practice for a bit, too much GTA got to get myself back in the MGO mindset, but I probably wont be on till like 8ish EST. I got to do some stuff around the house first but I will be checking this thread constantly.

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
I'm willing to be an alternative
I've already contacted 3 others, but if one of them passes/is unavailable then its all yours.

For team deathmatch in Blood Bath, use height. I cant tell you how many times I got up on the railings and killed tons of people before they even tried to get me. If we are good we can fortify the railings with claymores at the stairs.

Fro GG should we have a sniper on the tower or is that a waste, many times they can't find a target. The plus is that they wont die much at all but the downside is one less member on ground.

Teknoman

Damn it im going to punch the next ATT tech I see in the face. They mixed up something on our phone line and now every time the phone rings or someone picks it up, DSL connectivity stops for 1-3 seconds, which of course kicks me out of PSN or any service im connected to.

Might not be able to make it to the battlefield today if this keeps up...either that or i'll just unplug the phone when the time comes lol.

Also how exactly do you give team mates a boost to higher objects?

Nozdeuce

Its not looking good for Mickey, or some of my alternates. Anyone else wanna play? Guled and Pai Pai your both in at this point along with Wesker and Darkpen

Edit: Tekno you still good to go?

Teknoman said:
Damn it im going to punch the next ATT tech I see in the face. They mixed up something on our phone line and now every time the phone rings or someone picks it up, DSL connectivity stops for 1-3 seconds, which of course kicks me out of PSN or any service im connected to.

Might not be able to make it to the battlefield today if this keeps up...either that or i'll just unplug the phone when the time comes lol.

Go up to the wall in question and the boost icon will show up, its triangle. To use the boost same thing, just get close to the guy doing the boost. You must hold down the button.

Nozdeuce

Pai Pai Master said:
K, do we need to mail Brandon now telling him that we're joining the fight with NeoGAF?
Gimmie a minute first to mail him the final list, but then yes. Tekno im putting your name down :lol

edit: okay Wesker, Freeman, Teknoman, Pai Pai and Guled, send "Brandon" an in-game mail confirming your in.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
Its not looking good for Mickey, or some of my alternates. Anyone else wanna play? Guled and Pai Pai your both in at this point along with Wesker and Darkpen

Edit: Tekno you still good to go?
Alright :D , what time is our battle

kk just got a response from Brandon.

Of course my headset chooses now to not work properly. Never shoulda bought that model.

Just wanna make sure, how do you toggle keyboard chat for team only? I've never used it before ._.

Darkpen

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
kk just got a response from Brandon.

Of course my headset chooses now to not work properly. Never shoulda bought that model.

Just wanna make sure, how do you toggle keyboard chat for team only? I've never used it before ._.
/team textofwhatever

No idea how you start typing though. Maybe press Enter?

Teknoman said:

just remove the phone line that are connecting to phones. I have the same issue, get knocked offline for a brief moment any time the land lines are used.

Archaon

Ephemeris said:
I'm trying to see who can make it from Fox Unit. Other than myself, so far we have ..

1) Scarecrow
2) Sallokin
3)
4)
5)
Didn't see this thread here so I'll just report from the other thread:

I'll be available after 5:00PM PST or so (Fox Unit) if I'm needed to fill spots, but you probably wouldn't want me in if you have someone more active available. I've only leveled two skills (rifles and speed) and I don't have a Bluetooth mic. I do have considerable competitive Counter-Strike experience though, so I at least know how to work as a team and such.

Darkpen

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
I'm in if you want. Do I have to go in game to do anything right now?

Holy crap thats amazing Darkpen, we should practice a bit before.
that's assuming we play on BB, which I doubt. Just keep in mind everything that's there. Once we have our 5 people, we need to place people in teams of two, and someone has to be solo.

Nozdeuce

Sooo all 5 have to confirm before we get a timeslot. Darkpen and Pai Pai i know you've both said youve confirmed, has anyone else yet?
Edit: and now Guled, thats 3/5
Edit2: Tekno just PMed me, now we're waiting for Wesker to confirm his confirmation :lol

Heyheyhey.

I picked up a mic on the way home from work.

Do we know exactly what modes/maps we're playing? I'd like to get some practice in before the scrim.

For Capture the frog, I volunteer to be the runner, I like to use movement 3 & pistol 1 on it with a shield so I can get that shit as fast as possible then be able to spend more time in the goal.

As far as base mission I can either go with offense or support, movement 2 assault rifle 2 & movement 3 trap 1 respectively. The support setup is so I can focus on setting SOPdestabs so that we can coordinate a sweep.

Nozdeuce

MickeyKnox said:
I told you I'd be around though...
We had a hard deadline sorry :( Was ordered to pick those who were readily available, I re-checked with everyone and waited as long as i could pre-deadline. You could try Ephemeris in the big MGO thread. Again, sorry :(

Nozdeuce

Again sorry, I was specifically told despite our top ranking we wouldn't get any special treatment.

Nozdeuce said:
Again sorry, I was specifically told despite our top ranking we wouldn't get any special treatment.

In your PM this morning you mentioned 7-9 PST, I'm on the east coast so I knew I'd be home from work with tons of time left over, that's why I said you can count me in.

I sent the confirmation and got a reply a while back, dont worry. So when do we get our time?

Let me eat and stuff later I will be on. We should practice with the team, mics and all. Maybe we can get some guys to create an enemy team so we can practice against.

Anyway, when I just got on like an hour ago it was a sneaking mission, I spawned right in front of Snake. So I quickly went to fire but I pressed R2 and L2 cause of GTA :lol . I started going into the box and stuff, finally I remembered how to shoot and killed snake.

Darkpen

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
In your PM this morning you mentioned 7-9 PST, I'm on the east coast so I knew I'd be home from work with tons of time left over, that's why I said you can count me in.
Brandon said they needed a complete roster by 4pm pst :(

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
Not even he told me 3 :( Still I guess if one of the alternates is willing to bow out I'm all for Mickey

Darkpen said:
I understand that, what I don't understand is how my confirmation that I sent in at 9am EST became invalid because I didn't have internet access at work.

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
If its possible, I'm willing to step down for MickeyKnox.
Okay, Mickey you willing to go in Guled's place? I'm sorry for this mess.

Darkpen

Banned
Guled said:
If its possible, I'm willing to step down for MickeyKnox.
thank you so much, guled. Your sacrifice is appreciated, but I think you should send brandon a message, and you too, noz, see if we can shift the roster a bit.

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
thank you so much, guled. Your sacrifice is appreciated, but I think you should send brandon a message, and you too, noz, see if we can shift the roster a bit.
Agreed, firing up PS3 now. :( Mickey you'll have to send Brandon an in-game mail to double confirm, maybe adding how your swapping with Guled.

Guled

Darkpen said:
I can't go on my ps3 right now, but I'm sure if Nozdeuce and MickeyKnox both send a message it would be fine. If not, then I'll find a way to go on.

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
I can't go on my ps3 right now, but I'm sure if Nozdeuce and MickeyKnox both send a message it would be fine. If not, then I'll find a way to go on.
Just sent Brandon the message. I'm really sorry it ended up this way Guled, thank you so much.

Top Bottom