• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle McNamara, true crime writer and wife of comedian Patton Oswalt, dead at 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

http://www.thewrap.com/michelle-mcnamara-writer-and-wife-of-patton-oswalt-dies-at-46/
True Crime Diary founder died in her sleep at her Los Angeles home

Michelle McNamara, a crime writer who was married to comedian Patton Oswalt, died Thursday, the Associated Press reports. She was 46.
No cause of death was given, though Oswalt’s publicist, Kevin McLaughlin of Main Stage Public Relations, said that she died in her sleep at her Los Angeles home.
McNamara was the founder of the website True Crime Diary, which detailed breaking news and cold cases alike. She eschewed high profile crimes for more obscure stories, writing about the Golden State Killer and the murder of nurse Melanie Howell in 1976.
“I wanted to get more involved in the cases that were fueling my own curiosity,” McNamara said in a 2007 interview.

She is survived by Oswalt and their seven-year-old daughter, Alice.

Just really horrible news, can't imagine what Patton and his daughter are going through.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Goddamn, poor Patton and his kid. That dude has been fighting depression for decades, can't even begin to imagine what he's going through now. Just sad...

big ander

He was tweeting like normal as of yesterday.

I feel terrible for him. I was literally just about to sit down and watch his new Netflix special.

Right, I felt kinda awful that this thought passed through my mind so soon after hearing the news, but Patton just had a standup special release today. I can't even imagine being excited/nervous to put some hard work out there, see it start to be received well, then have my wife die.

Jesus Christ, that's fucking terrible.

RIP. My sincerest condolences to him and his daughter.

I see him around the school I consult at sometimes picking up his daughter, and they always seem so happy. Hoping they pull through together alright.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Oh man I love Patton, I hope he and their daughter are okay. Sad feels for them

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can't imagine losing my wife.

But having to find her lifeless in the morning? That terrifies me more than anything else in this entire world.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I did a google search to see what she did with her writing on serial killers and saw pictures of Patton hanging with their kid... fuck this bullshit

Sheroking

Same day as Patton's comedy special, where he talks about his happy family life, and one week after his daughter's 7th birthday.

Fuck. I feel so bad for him and his daughter.

anaron

Ok this actually stings. I was introduced to her through her amazing article on EAR/ONS and on podcasts. I can't believe it.

Rest in peace. :( My condolences to her family, especially their children.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Devastating. I feel so bad for Patton right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom