• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle McNamara, true crime writer and wife of comedian Patton Oswalt, dead at 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

I just saw him live a little more than a year ago. Shit, dude is amazing. Very sad, hope he and his daughter pull through. :(

kris.

Banned
jesus, this is horrible. 46 is way too goddamn young. i feel for patton and their daughter though. dude has struggled with depression for years and been very open about it. this sucks.

dabig2

Died in her sleep at age 46 wtf? She have an undiagnosed heart condition or something?

RIP and I feel bad for Patton and especially their young daughter.

Jesus H, my heart goes out to Patton and his daughter tenfold. Knowing the battles with depression he's faced...the one thing that makes me feel better is knowing how big of a tight knit community he has in the comedy world, that support structure is gonna need to be vigilant. Worried about him :(

God fucking damnit. Tragic for everyone involved. I hope Patton gets the support he needs, considering his personal battles in the past.

FTF

Wow, terrible, RIP. And I hope Patton hangs in there and he and his daughter are ok eventually.

U2NUMB

Wow if I remember right Patton was all over twitter just last night with some great stuff about the passing of prince.

RIP so very sad and so very young.

Ecto311

Sucks his new special just came out today too. Gotta wonder if that is going to haunt him in some way. I know it would me if something special happened the same day I lost a loved one.

He's been one of my favorite comedians since I first seen him in the 90s and didn't even know his wife did that web site. My wife would love that kind of a site.

Crap, I was just listening to Patton's stand-up when he was just becoming a father and he talked about his wife a lot. Can't imagine how he's feeling. RIP.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Patton Oswalt seems like such a nice, cool dude. My heart goes out to him, and his kid.

witness

Holy shit, RIP. Poor Patton and his daughter, just unimaginable. His new special is on Netflix today and we watched it tonight. Just insane, in your sleep at 46!?

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Fuck. Horrible news. I love Patton, he's gotten me through some dark times. Wish there was anything I could do.

Hug your loved ones, all, and let them know important they are to you.

: (

Birbo

Horrible news. Feel so bad for Patton and his daughter. Way too young. My heart goes out to him and his family.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Only good thing is that Patton is beloved by every comic who knows him it seems, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of friends there for him during this time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Only good thing is that Patton is beloved by every comic who knows him it seems, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of friends there for him during this time.

I think he's beloved by everyone, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything negative about him.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Patton struggles with depression, hopefully he doesn't do something drastic because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom