• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft demaned no deadline for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, says GSC Gameworld

Draugoth

Gold Member
7dd3f522-dbdf-4e31-917c-a5d344431b72.jpg

viaTheGamer

Through it all, GSC Game World has been able to set its own release dates. Despite a deal with Xbox that will make Stalker 2 a temporary Xbox console exclusive and available on Game Pass, Microsoft has never demanded a particular release window.

As soon as I allude to the Xbox deal, PR manager Zakhar Bocharov hops in, eager to praise the company:

“You're not gonna believe this answer because it sounds like a total marketing answer, but Microsoft doesn't put any demands in terms of the release date or the content,” says Bocharov. “They're not our publishers. It's just the Game Pass deal.

“Personally, I never expected a corporation of this size to be so supportive,” he continues. “I can’t say the exact cases, but they helped in situations where they were not exactly supposed to. So they could easily [have said], ‘No, that's not on us. That's with you guys. Good luck. Figure it out’.”

In particular, Bocharov is confident that Xbox president Sarah Bond is personally a fan of the game, and also praises head of games Phil Spencer for being “very supportive and caring” towards the team.

“I never expected a corporation to be this close to the developers who are in a bad situation,” says Bocharov. “It was spectacular. That's the professional connection we value a lot, because it would have been much different without them.”

Neilg

Of course they didn’t. Other then the fact that the situation is pretty unique, can you imagine the news if it came out that Microsoft wasn’t supportive?

The absolute PR shitstorm of MS going 'yeah I know your country is now at war and some of your staff were killed in it, but can you hurry it up a bit for the shareholders?'

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I mean MS can't put a deadline on them. Like the guy said it's just a GP deal MS isnt the publisher.
They could easily say that they need the game by a particular date to fit with their Gamepass schedule or they don't want it and cancel the deal.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They could easily say that they need the game by a particular date to fit with their Gamepass schedule or they don't want it and cancel the deal.

Not just that, going by the GSC guys, MS has been helping out elsewhere where they don't need to.

“Personally, I never expected a corporation of this size to be so supportive,” he continues. “I can’t say the exact cases, but they helped in situations where they were not exactly supposed to. So they could easily [have said], ‘No, that's not on us. That's with you guys. Good luck. Figure it out’.”

He doesn't go into specifics but I'm guessing he's probably talking about things like QA and stuff.

Top Bottom