• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

GhaleonEB

meltpotato said:
people need to stop trolling the Nintendo conf (wtf?) and get ready for MS. should make a laughing stock of Sony.
How are we trolling the Nintendo conference? I think they OWNED Sony and definately gave the fans exactly what they wanted.

But you're right - this is the MS thread. We can compare them after. 32 minutes! I'm going out for a bite to eat to pass the time.

Frog

Gamespot claims to have a live stream.

Edit: They say it starts in an hour though, so it must not be.

hyp

please MS, more realtime demos and less academy award video montage shit. i can't take it anymore! can't wait to see some of the 2nd gen titles for the 360.

and knowing MS, the presentation should be off the wall. MS always hires the best A/V production for these conferences. let's cross our fingers...

hey guys I was just wondering if ID and Valve will show their new games at the MS pc?

Can't wait to see Halo 3 man! ITS GONNA BE HUGE!

GhaleonEB

rusty said:
MS is reportedly dumping ALL the trailers from the show onto Live. They want the first impression gamers get to be of the direct-feed, high-quality video. Can't blame them, but not being able to see ANY of it really sucks.

Aryuken

Banned
meltpotato said:
people need to stop trolling the Nintendo conf (wtf?) and get ready for MS. should make a laughing stock of Sony.

Don't say that just yet...it has been a very strange PRe e3.

GhaleonEB said:
How are we trolling the Nintendo conference? I think they OWNED Sony and definately gave the fans exactly what they wanted.

But you're right - this is the MS thread. We can compare them after. 32 minutes! I'm going out for a bite to eat to pass the time.

wasn't talkin about you. anyhow... 25 more minutes!!! :D

hyp

arggh... i feel like paying the $2.95 gamespot's asking to watch the conference live. too bad we couldn't just microtransaction a live stream from the 360 using our points. now that would be awesome.

Aryuken

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Wow, I've always thought that Shane was a level-headed guy for some reason. Totally lost all respect for him. That podcast is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure nobody is live streaming the MS conference, so I'll be sticking with GameDaily text updates: http://www.gamedaily.com/e3-2006/e3live.asp?p=&fn=Microsoft-Press-Conference

Like hearing the football game on the radio when there's no TV broadcast. :lol :D

I think i will wait though....and check the video, when its available. ITs better that way, yah i will be late to the party, but who cares.

clav

IJoel said:
It'd be funny if MS didn't show Halo 3 after all the hype from the 2 minute trailer rumor.
If that were to happen, that would mean big things for game industry writers. I won't trust Gamespot as I used to.

GhaleonEB said:

i was completely dissapointed by both. MS is my last hope this e3

Prine

Banned
Its all up to MS to turn around e3, because its one of the worst e3s so far.

Now can someone provide me with a link to MS live stream?

Cheers

Ponn

Banned
Alright MS, YOU'RE UP!

They have a chance here, even if Peter Moore doesn't think so. Sony dropped the bomb (and ball), Nintendo ended with Tennis and started with Zelda (should have been the other way or throw something a bit jaw dropping like more Mario or virtual console stuff). Will Rastafarian Allard pull it off?

hyp

Prine said:
Its all up to MS to turn around e3, because its one of the worst e3s so far.

Now can someone provide me with a link to MS live stream?

Cheers

i'm looking for the same thing. :(

Bregor

Both IGN and Gamespot now say the MS conference is at 1 PM Pacific (4 PM Eastern). I'm guessing thats when we get to see it.

HokieJoe

Mr. Spinnington said:
I still say what a fucking bad-ass render. I can seriously see Halo 3 nailing this look or even jumping the bar [with enough development time given] to just tap Bungie's already massive userbase.

Oh man that would be awesome, but I don't think they'll achieve this look until Halo 4 or 5. :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
StRaNgE said:
so we should be able to download the 2 minute halo clip on 360 ?

that's all i want.

where is Uno by the way?

uno is currently on XBLA

and i just finished downloading! *runs to play uno*

24 hours ago I was set for an E3 where MS would take a backseat, waiting to be blown away by Sony and intrigued by Nintendo, but now with the strange and dissapointing way both those conferences went, I'm actually hoping for good things from MS. Please deliver!

Aryuken

Banned
IJoel said:
What, no live feed?!

Curse you MS! Why do they pull this stuff, unlike the others?

Because they make fun of the Competition in some sketches. They don't want us to see that.

hyp

FLUXCapacitor said:
Well i gave in. Signed up for Gamespot Plus so I can watch it live. $2.95 for (hopefully) an hour or so of E3 ownage aint so bad.

are you sure that it's live and not just a 1 hour tape delayed feed?

Lee-T

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Gamespot has all 3 conferences live for subscribers (total access). Great quality too.

If you look at Gamespots site, it says the MS one is taped, not live.

zou

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Gamespot has all 3 conferences live for subscribers (total access). Great quality too.

Link? On their site it said they were streaming it delayed.

Aryuken

Banned
The conference will start on gamespot in 30 min. So i don't think we are loosing much in terms of time! :D

No need to read the transcript folks, all yopu have to do is wait 30 min.

hyp said:
are you sure that it's live and not just a 1 hour tape delayed feed?

Wow you know what, your right, But I know I didn't read it wrong. It said Live 100k and 300k feed for Total access and Plus users. Now it says Taped 100k/300k feed. Weird thing is though if you look here http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html it says Live feed for Sony/Nintendo for both Subscribers and Non-subscribers. But for Microsoft it says Taped feed for only Subscribers it not for non-subscribers. Oh well, looks like I got jiped :lol

Top Bottom