• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

God if Shadowrun makes a major appearance in the Microsoft conference I'm going to kick my cat in tribute to troll bruisers.

Uncle said:
Is this going to be streamed somewhere? I had the impression that it was going to be at xbox.com, but I can't find the link there. Not up yet or what?

Gamespot had an excellent stream of Sony's conference last night.

What time exactly does it start (as in US eastern time)? I've been getting different times from this thread and IGN.

Aryuken

Banned
SO ANYBODY KNOWS IF XBOX.COM WILL STREAM LIVE?????

/samuel Jackson :lol

But seriouslly....i would like to know.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
KyanMehwulfe said:
God if Shadowrun makes a major appearance in the Microsoft conference I'm going to kick my cat in tribute to troll bruisers.
Don't do that to that poor animal.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
bengraven said:
Agent Icebreezy, I think it's time to change your avatar to match the new revelations of the last night. Rumble technology? Sony: "Oh fuck it..."

I need to see the MS conference, but trust me, I have a beauty of an avatar on the way.

bengraven

Agent Icebeezy said:
I need to see the MS conference, but trust me, I have a beauty of an avatar on the way.

:D Fucking brilliant. Your Jeopardy one has been cracking me up for a while.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I've had this avatar since like last E3. I was just waiting to see how this E3 would turn out.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Agent Icebeezy said:
Any idea on what that game is that uses the UE3 engine and looks better than GoW?
Of course I know which game it is. And no I won't tell you, just in case my friend needs new glasses or something :D

trilobyte

For once I'm excited to see what MS is going to bring. Can't wait to see what second tier games are going to be

And if you know my history on this board, you know that's a big statement from me ;)

mrmyth

bengraven said:
Agent Icebreezy, I think it's time to change your avatar to match the new revelations of the last night. Rumble technology? Sony: "Oh fuck it..."

That's actually a fairly smart move. Remember how much trouble rumble gave them this gen. Also remember that Microsoft now partially owns the company that sued Sony for the rumble technology. If they'd kept the rumble in, MS would make money on every PS3 sold because they own the rumble patent.

Anyone listen to the 1up E3 podcast? Shane, their resident PS3 fanboy, is predicting a massively disappointing E3 for MS but I'm taking that with a HUGE grain of salt. Seriously, you should listen to this guy spin. Damage control total. It's like SSX is working for 1up.

link

Sony should be paying this man.

And holy shit do these guys get angry! Very funny.

GhaleonEB

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Anyone listen to the 1up E3 podcast? Shane, their resident PS3 fanboy, is predicting a massively disappointing E3 for MS but I'm taking that with a HUGE grain of salt. Seriously, you should listen to this guy spin. Damage control total. It's like SSX is working for 1up.

link

It's funny to hear Sony fanboys cry.

Aryuken

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:

link

The guy is....a Sony Fanboy on the level of the ones you see on the foruns. His co-workers make fun of him, they call him doctor sony, sometimes its downright rediculous the way he shows his bias.

And its funny, the guy didn't know the Sony conference was going to bomb yet he knows the MS one will? He was calling his co workers "Retarded".....What does that say about him?
The ammount of damage control going on in that podcast by him is amazing.

megateto

Spaceman Spiff said:
I think you can only stream it off Xbox.com

Is this true? I've just checked xbox.com and didn't find any notice...

Well, if anything goes wrong, I'll get the tape delayed one off Gamespot.

<nu>faust

Aryuken said:
The guy is....a Sony Fanboy on the level of the ones you see on the foruns. His co-workers make fun of him, they call him doctor sony, sometimes its downright rediculous the way he shows his bias.

And its funny, the guy didn't know the Sony conference was going to bomb yet he knows the MS one will? He was calling his co workers "Retarded".....What does that say about him?
The ammount of damage control going on in that podcast by him is amazing.

"it's a decent and logical price " "u guys are retarted..."..." admit it you guys came to e3 to hate..everything" sad .......truly

arhra

Lost Planet demo is up again on the marketplace, at least for me here in the UK. Downloading it now.

MrSingh

My MS conference prediction: They will show a reel of games from EA and Ubi, all of which look inferior to the PS3 versions.

That is all. Shane is probably right.

Wow, respect for Shane Bettenhausen -1. I know he's roomed with fennec fox and has been around a while, and seemed to be a cool guy in the 1up "crapstolgic games" segments, but this is just unreal.

He's probably QMann in EGM right now, which explains a lot of the negative bias shown towards Xbox seen in there in the past 12 mo.

Sony blinders FTL.

Luke Smith I salute you.

Slightly informed predictions on who will be very happy after the MS conference:

Shunned fans of Gran Turismo

Fans of Halo/PDZ multiplayer (there are a lot of you out there)

Fans of classic games

Aryuken

Banned
So after a hilarious Sony conference, a so-so kinda cool Nintendo conference, MS is left.

MS has a big chance to put this E3 in the bag, wich is kinda funny after Peter moore saying "Winning e3 is overrated". :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Hey guys, sorry btu I'm in a rush, is teh microsoft conference gonna be streamed live or not? A tape delay by how long?

GhaleonEB

Okay, MS, your turn.

Sony flopped.

Nintendo looks fun, but not "impressive".

Wow me. I know you can do it.

*Halo 3
*Shadowrun
*Killer Live Arcade updates
*Xbox Live updates

DO IT

Aryuken said:
So after a hilarious Sony conference, a so-so kinda cool Nintendo conference, MS is left.

MS has a big chance to put this E3 in the bag, wich is kinda funny after Peter moore saying "Winning e3 is overrated". :D
Seriously. Microsoft could announce a holiday price drop, show Halo 3, and that'd be enough. Because Halo 3 would probably actually look impressive, unlike pretty much everything shown so far except for MGS4.

Aryuken said:

I think they both sucked a lot of ass, and I'm being nice

Birbo

Can anyone please give me a link to the MS conference that isn't gamespot or 1UP. I'm at work and most "game" sites are blocked. Someone in the Nintendo thread supplied a link that was ZD Media.net or something similar I was able to use. Thanks in advance!

GhaleonEB

Birbo said:
Can anyone please give me a link to the MS conference that isn't gamespot or 1UP. I'm at work and most "game" sites are blocked. Someone in the Nintendo thread supplied a link that was ZD Media.net or something similar I was able to use. Thanks in advance!
I don't think ANYONE is doing a live stream. We have to rely on reports from the show.

arne, can you confirm?

StRaNgE

Banned
ok, anyone got a link for macs for a live stream?

or is the 360 showing it live? i have that and that prob would work better then my outdated mac anyway.

i need to see this Halo 3 movie i been hearing about.

Top Bottom