• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

hyp

FLUXCapacitor said:
Wow you know what, your right, But I know I didn't read it wrong. It said Live 100k and 300k feed for Total access and Plus users. Now it says Taped 100k/300k feed. Weird thing is though if you look here http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html it says Live feed for Sony/Nintendo for both Subscribers and Non-subscribers. But for Microsoft it says Taped feed for only Subscribers it not for non-subscribers. Oh well, looks like I got jiped :lol

that's what was holding me back from getting the $2.95 subscription. look on the bright side, at least you get to see all the exclusive gamespot media this week. :)

GhaleonEB

It started. Gears of War trailer! No messing around.

It looks gorgeous. Incredible lighting as muzzle flare lights up street battles. Emergence Day 2006. Trailer ends.

11:40.22 -
We're off. Gears of War trailer. CG of Emergence Day, when the streets said hello to giant killy things. "Billions dead." "Humans denied their enemy control by destroying their own civilisation."

It's CliffyB. "Don't act surprised to see me, you knew this was going to happen." We're going to see the first level.

NME

Over the shoulder look as the two chars try to break out of military prison. Nice crash zoom on dead bodies as they kick down a door. The level of detail is amazing, with a huge rocket hitting a tower that tumbles down.

Fighting in the rubble, ducking out into a close over-shoulder views to take out enemies up on balconies. Blood gushing like syrup from wounds. Swapping between four weapons, close-combat evisceration.

hyp

11:42.55 -

Over the shoulder look as the two chars try to break out of military prison. Nice crash zoom on dead bodies as they kick down a door. The level of detail is amazing, with a huge rocket hitting a tower that tumbles down.

Fighting in the rubble, ducking out into a close over-shoulder views to take out enemies up on balconies. Blood gushing like syrup from wounds. Swapping between four weapons, close-combat evisceration.

---

ultraviolence! i love it. :lol

From EGM: Gears of war trailer. It's a spectacular battle with giant spider-thing crushing people. Locust troopers rip apart humans.Insane fire fight, blood and fire everywhere. No date given.

Kuroyume

Banned
hyp said:
11:42.55 -

---

ultraviolence! i love it. :lol

I am drooling... I NEED TO SEE BLOOOOOOD

datruth29

Whoa whoa wait a minute, hold the freak up! Gamespot's not streaming??? Somebody give me a stream link to the event please?!?!?!?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Watching the cutter. "Get ready." Boom. They rush in, fanning out to different points, instructions shouted by your squad-mate. "Go left." Goes left, more close-zoom syrup-sploshing.

I feel like I'm commentating on a Bruckheimer horror film.
Who's going to tell him that Bruckheimer has never produced a horror film?

Kuroyume

Banned
Watching the cutter. "Get ready." Boom. They rush in, fanning out to different points, instructions shouted by your squad-mate. "Go left." Goes left, more close-zoom syrup-sploshing.

We're outside. A chopper's above. "I see three!" The screen shakes as we run - the whole scene feels very oppressive. Very brown and grey with loads of rubble, tatty grass patches.

Fighting close up, chainsaw on underside of gun through enemy chest. Jack Thompson's going to love this.

/me rubs one out

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
datruth29 said:
Whoa whoa wait a minute, hold the freak up! Gamespot's not streaming??? Somebody give me a stream link to the event please?!?!?!?

no stream

conference is on tape delay so we will get it later to download... not live though

we only have text updates :/

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
14:46.32 -

We're outside. A chopper's above. "I see three!" The screen shakes as we run - the whole scene feels very oppressive. Very brown and grey with loads of rubble, tatty grass patches.

Fighting close up, chainsaw on underside of gun through enemy chest. Jack Thompson's going to love this.

Cliffy's playing it, by the way. He's down on the side looking quite intense.

14:44.47 -

I feel like I'm commentating on a Bruckheimer horror film.

hotness, can't wait for the video!

WIRELESS STEERING WHEEL, HEADSET, PC ADAPTOR!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706021p1.html

the-new-wireless-fleet-20060508113013798-000.jpg

the-new-wireless-fleet-20060508113007548-000.jpg

the-new-wireless-fleet-20060508113015579-000.jpg

GhaleonEB

SupaFlySoccerMom said:
That Gears of War trailer sounds fucking hot I can't wait
It's not a trailer - he's playing through the first level! Wooooo

11:46.32 -

Cliffy's playing it, by the way. He's down on the side looking quite intense.

Akira

2:42 pm - Koolaid blood spills from corpses, buildings demolished, apocalypse. The Gears of War trailer is the very first thing shown, and the applause is decent, but not deafening. CliffyB onstage now, giving us a playable demo of Gears of War. The game looks even better than our preview back in September at the Tokyo Game Show. It's come along nicely, with added HUD elements and a targeting system.

@ Joystiq.com

11:42: Cliffy B takes on stage to show off level of Gears, mission has two troopers trying to escape area. Cut to underground bunker, troopers then go up stairwell to ruined city for airlift, locust troops everywhere.

11:43: Shotgun blast purees locust guy--blood EVERYWHERE, close-up shotgun blast splatters another, lead trooper now in firefight in hall,bullets flying everywhere, frame rate a tad chuggy. Antoher close-up shotgun blast rips Locust apart. His severed arm plops onto a large stone.

11:45: Heat effects blur fire from the guns in Gears of War. It's these details and its visceral combat that evoke Halo. Close combat melee moves, shotguns to the face, and bullets, bullets, bullets are the plan to make this a hit with the kids.

11:46: Grenade blast takes out last of locusts, troopers emerge into open. Another firefight. More blood. Frame rate totally chugging at this point, but it's definitely real-time. Lead human trooper--Marcus--slaughters the last of the locusts. Blood jets everywhere when he sticks his chainsaw bayonet into a locust and rips him in half.

@Gamestop http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149698

woah... EuroGamer didnt sound this enthused about the titles at the other confs. cant wait to see!

yeah, I'd have to agree the vibe seems more enthused than the Sony or ninty conferences

:lol :lol :lol

GuessWho

"Heat effects blur fire from the guns in Gears of War. It's these details and its visceral combat that evoke Halo. Close combat melee moves, shotguns to the face, and bullets, bullets, bullets are the plan to make this a hit with the kids."

11:38 - Still haven't started. Should we take bets on whether or not J Allard will be here? My guess is that Peter Moore's going to do most of the talking. OK, the music's faded out, they're starting with a video.

It's a game video, it's Gears of War. Lots of blind firing. Oh snap, those cities got blown the hell up! A little chaingun action never hurts.

Up next... CliffyB. Wow, they just aren't even using his whole name anymore. Kind of creepy. Also weird that he's the first man on stage. Here's a live demo of Gears of War. Game seems to stutter here and there. Again, lots of blind firing from behind cover. He's advancing from position to position, taking out dudes along the way. Really hot blood effects. Shotgun goes,booya. Cypress Hill should be in this game. Wait, what?

Pretty good sound effects. Frame rate isn't 100% smooth, it seems to drop a few when the action's hot. Pretty cool swinging grenade toss. Your guy's name is Marcus Phoenix. They're cutting through a steel door to come get him and his partner. Rough frame rate again. Not bad enough to get in the way of the action, but it's noticeable.

Your partner does a lot of talking. Indoor to outdoor transition chunked up a lot. I guess that's why they call 'em "preview builds." Nothing some optimization can't fix. Other than that, the graphics are awesome. Up close shotgun blasts are especially awesome.

The team is heading to extract in a chopper. An alien creature just crawled out of the ground and pinned it down, end of demo!

Sound hot! (From GS)

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
After the dual-shock minus shock, $500 tard pack, still showing CG trailers, bomba of Sony's conference MS have a real shot to gain some mindshare here

SALES AGE!

Demo ends. Applause. Peter Moore's on now. Five million sales of 360 by eight months, he says. Better than iPod, and other consoles.

more

11:46 - With no more fanfare, Cliff introduces Peter Moore who's here to show "the second generation of the next generation of games."

He's stoked that all the Microsoft game makers have been unified under one roof, from PC games to Xbox to casual games. He's going to dispel an urban myth... No Xbox 360s were hidden in Area 51. Complete with an ET cartridges in the landfill joke.

A few sales figures, 4.5 games per console, 3.0 accessories. That's a pretty good attach rate. Three key pillars to the Xbox 360 experience: "Your Games, Your Friends, Your Lifestyle."

wasting

Banned
14:50.47 -
Demo ends. Applause. Peter Moore's on now. Five million sales of 360 by eight months, he says. Better than iPod, and other consoles.

datruth29

DopeyFish said:
no stream

conference is on tape delay so we will get it later to download... not live though

we only have text updates :/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, I guess we were really spoiled by Nintendo and Sony.

raYne

MS is lucky that they gave us the Lost Planet demo earlier. It makes up for this non-aired conference bs.

GhaleonEB

He's just repeating the MS target for end of June.

"In the next year, Xbox Live will surpass 6 million members." He clarifies that - he means, by next E3.

NME

14:52.12 -
He's talking about how Microsoft's changing gaming. How popular the games have been. Cultural phenomenon. Lifestyle.

"It's a gateway to new worlds of high definition content" he says of the TV stuff. "Today you'll see how only Microsoft can deliver" on high-def, shared gamespace, digital entertainment access.

Top Bottom