• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
No way. Did you see Heavenly Sword? That looked freakin' great. Rainbow Six LV looks good but it's hampered by some choppy framerate and animations.

However many of the 360 games that'll be there tomorrow are definately more interesting to me. Hopefully they'll show a little Bioshock.

Between the PR pics that weren't too impressive, and the God of War gameplay, it honestly didn't get me too excited...

tegdf said:
what surprise?

Don't take me as some kind of insider - I'm just saying that MS is bound to reveal some new games we have no clue about, as well as new hardware/XBL features...

FiRez

I got chills just for thinking that maybe tomorrow we are going to see Halo 3.

BrigadeDamaged-800.jpg

playing H:CE soundtrack

PhatSaqs

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
No way. Did you see Heavenly Sword? That looked freakin' great. Rainbow Six LV looks good but it's hampered by some choppy framerate and animations.

However many of the 360 games that'll be there tomorrow are definately more interesting to me. Hopefully they'll show a little Bioshock.
Yeah I agree. R6:Vegas looks early as hell to me.

I hope Too Human and Shadowrun arent underwhelmaton...

FiRez said:

Yeah the closer it gets the more interested I am in seeing it. Frankly I've been pretty indifferent lately but now that it's less than 24hrs away I'm really kind of pumped. I'm praying that it won't be another Halo 2 like premier trailer where Bungie gets over ambitious and much of it has to be scraped. What I see tomorrow better be representational of the final product. No more smoke and mirrors bullshit.

VALIS

One of their competitors names their console Wii.
The other of their main competitors prices their console at very prohibitive levels.

Now, how is Microsoft gonna fuck this all up? :lol 'Cuz I have a feeling they will. Cut to tomorrow afternoon as J Allard comes out on stage in blackface and sings a little ditty about raping native american babies to get the crowd warmed up.

PhatSaqs

Banned
VALIS said:
The other of their main competitors prices their console at very prohibitive levels.

Now, how is Microsoft gonna fuck this all up? :lol 'Cuz I have a feeling they will. Cut to tomorrow afternoon as J Allard comes out on stage in blackface and sings a little ditty about raping native american babies to get the crowd warmed up.
Seriously. It's just too easy right now :lol. MS is primed for disaster.

GhaleonEB

If MS cancelled their conference, they'd win by default. As it is:

Gears of War
Shadowrun
Too Human
Mass Effect
Halo 3

They could have EXACTLY as boring a conference as Sony and they'd still crush them this year.

VALIS said:

:lol I could see that happening.

Scytale

Banned
OMG - MS has a real chance to blow Sony and Nin. away this year.

If they fvck it up... I'm going to die laughing.

WHOAguitarninja said:
I almost hope it does to lend some comedy to finals week. It sucks not being able to watch the conferences because I have to study.

I feel your pain, except I actually sacrificed some study time earlier to watch the first conference which was in the end a huge waste of time

Snaku

Banned
Scytale said:
OMG - MS has a real chance to blow Sony and Nin. away this year.

If they fvck it up... I'm going to die laughing.

It's more Nintendo's show to win at this point, but MS definitely has a good opportunity to bitch smack Sony.

FiRez said:

BrigadeDamaged-800.jpg

playing H:CE soundtrack
I still say what a fucking bad-ass render. I can seriously see Halo 3 nailing this look or even jumping the bar [with enough development time given] to just tap Bungie's already massive userbase.

Snaku said:
It's more Nintendo's show to win at this point, but MS definitely has a good opportunity to bitch smack Sony.

If they show up with shit looking like what we have seen of Wii so far, especially after the PS3 attempt at a waggle wand (yes i know its not the SAME), they dont have a chance.

Plus MS has the whole "Nobody excepts them to win"/"They showed their hand last year" thing going for them. You will see a conf focused on putting out good titles for hardcore gamers and an even more robust XBL tomorrow.

Joe

wii will win e3, 360 will win 360 vs ps3.

ms is going to be a showing a KILLER lineup but wii is gonna get the journalists giggling like school girls.

Joe said:

ms is going to be a showing a KILLER lineup but wii is gonna get the journalists giggling like school girls.
I hate to blow my load but you're entirely right, as far as I can see. I just hope that Microsoft doesn't have a hard time following Nintendo, but I think everything will even out nicely by the end. I sure can't wait to read up on the aftermath later in the week.

GhaleonEB

Mr. Spinnington said:
I hate to blow my load but you're entirely right, as far as I can see. I just hope that Microsoft doesn't have a hard time following Nintendo, but I think everything will even out nicely by the end. I sure can't wait to read up on the aftermath later in the week.
I think the two are going to be different enough that both can impress. Nintendo is going to have everyone going, "Wiiiiiii" and MS will have them saying, "wow". Everyone wins.

Except Sony.

A few hours ago, who woulda thought?

Weary souls looking for relief - your solace will come tomorrow. Get ready to be introduced to "Microsoft's next Halo":

splash.jpg

Shadowrun will sell millions combined PC and 360. It's the right time for something different and innovative just like how Halo came in and shook the scene up.

"Jump In" is a marketing tag line that feels so appropriate right now. This, Lost Planet, Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Madden 07, you can't deny that MS has all the right games in place.

"Play Beyond", more like "Pay Beyond". For $299 gamers will be able to play Gears of War offline, and for 12 year olds that's usually what they want to do anyway. I have a feeling the happiest kids are going to have a 360 under their tree this Xmas, and the spoiled brats of rich parents like on MTV's Sweet 16 will have a you know what.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Skilotonn said:
Seriously, with just the games we know are coming, MS has this all wrapped up...

And since MS actually talks games instead of talking Powerpoint slides, being boring will be impossible... :)

The surprises that will no doubt show will just be the final nails in the coffin if you ask me...

I just saw the Rainbow Six Vegas trailer on IGN 360, and that honestly blew away everything I saw at the Sony conference...

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/815/815419/vids_1.html

oh my god! yes sir, that looks unbelievable. MS is going to own e3 :O

Snaku

Banned
CountZeroInt said:
Weary souls looking for relief - your solace will come tomorrow. Get ready to be introduced to "Microsoft's next Halo":

splash.jpg

I'm counting on it. Hopefully Halo 3, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Too Human, and any other surprise games all have good showings, but I'm hoping Shadowrun really steals the show for MS.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
so MS is setup very well going forward this generation after the Sony conference.

The gamble's they took going to the market first payed off. First, the software sony has been showing off has not been significantly better and therefore launching early is not going to be an issue. The use of cheaper ppc chips and custom ati graphics card allowed them to hit a cheaper price point, and even the use of 2 sku's was vindicated by Sony tonight.

I am looking forward to tommorow, they have a lot of 2nd gen games that should be fun to see, and I can't wait to see Fable 2, Forza 2 and Halo 3 unveiled. I have a feeling a few games will be underwhelming(looking at you shadowrun) but overall I think MS did well to move their conference to last. Very smart.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Joe said:

I agree, Wii will take the show but MS won't be ignored.

I'm very excited even for just new trailers for already announced games, like Mass Effect etc. But after work tomorrow, if I log onto Live and see Fable 2, Forza 2, or Halo 3 trailers....I may very well shit my pants.

Joe

i was seriously considering going for the tri-fecta this gen with rev, 360 and ps3 but fuck that.

i must say, 360 and wii is looking like a helluva combination right about now...

Midas

Haha, things can turn around so quick. I'm seriously looking forward to this press conference now. No fun announcements or anything at the Sony one. Maybe Microsoft has something interesting except the stuff we already know about...

WarLox

25 new trailers today on the market place.... is a conference even needed ? :lol

Fable 2... Demitri... and possibily B.C. *faints*

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I wouldnt expect too much from Lionhead, their efforts will most likely have been delayed by the take over (They didnt exactly work fast before).

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Or even better..

MS and Nintendo joins forces. A 360 + Wii package for the same price as a PS3-tard and its game over for Sony.. ;)

(not that this would happen, but still.. MS E3 conf will hopefully be awesome)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
WarLox said:
25 new trailers today on the market place.... is a conference even needed ? :lol

Fable 2... Demitri... and possibily B.C. *faints*

What, where did you get these titles from. Drop a link plz

Prine

Banned
IT just hit me now.

WE GET HALO3 TONIGHT!!!!!

I wasnt excited for some reason, but man, Master Chief is going to own e3

Wonder what Dean Takahashi thinks now

from the X360 uncloaked 1up feature:-

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=10&cId=3150432

1UP: How do you think Microsoft will ultimately fare in this next generation console war?

DT: I share the view of many I spoke with. I believe they will gain market share, but they will only win if Sony makes a lot of blunders.

:lol :lol I think the Gimp Pack and Pricing constitute some pretty large blunders :lol :lol

This E3 is really there for MS to take (in terms of X360 vs PS3), I'm just wondering how they will botch it as they have botched just about everything else so far :lol

bengraven

GhaleonEB said:
I think the two are going to be different enough that both can impress. Nintendo is going to have everyone going, "Wiiiiiii" and MS will have them saying, "wow". Everyone wins.

Except Sony.

A few hours ago, who woulda thought?

Exactly. For the last two weeks, all I could think was "Sony is going to kick Microsoft's ASS". I was starting to doubt I made the right choice; my idea was to have only one system for the first year of the next generation and I had already chosen the Xbox. Now I was starting to bite my nails. The tone around here was set: PS3 ftw, with few to none looking at Microsoft to be the winner. Even the Xbots were sure they were going to lose.

It was going to take a miracle or Sony fucking up really, really badly.

And all it took was a fucking price to make a grin return to my face.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Prine said:
IT just hit me now.

WE GET HALO3 TONIGHT!!!!!

I wasnt excited for some reason, but man, Master Chief is going to own e3

You guys are in for a mighty surprise when Bungie drops the E3 Pimps at Sea cannonball on that ass!

Uncle

Is this going to be streamed somewhere? I had the impression that it was going to be at xbox.com, but I can't find the link there. Not up yet or what?

bengraven

Agent Icebreezy, I think it's time to change your avatar to match the new revelations of the last night. Rumble technology? Sony: "Oh fuck it..."

Top Bottom